Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,821 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? (1398 Views)

Are You Going To Heaven Or Hell? / 10 Categories Of Jobs That Deplete People's Chances Of Making Heaven / Church Where You Can Check If Your Name Is In Heaven Or Hell With Just N20,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jul 20, 2015
I mean its funny.

Ok, after u ve made it to heaven, what next? U going to stay there for years to years, centuries to centuries, decades to decades? Probably singing, praying, eating host and wine, enjoying ur 72 virgins?

I mean even sometimes life is boring even for the rich, not to talk of eternity.

In my own opinion, eternity will be boring whether in heaven or in hell.

Whats ur take?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Adamsdelrio(m): 10:02am On Jul 20, 2015
God is still answering questions, my guy. You can mail your questions to him..

2 Likes

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 20, 2015
Adamsdelrio:
send me his email address

4 Likes

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by hahn(m): 10:59am On Jul 20, 2015
I don't know but I do like the "72 virgins" concept even though they won't be enough for eternity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Busayorafael(m): 11:06am On Jul 20, 2015
Adamsdelrio:

So God has an Email Address? I don't mind his email address. I've a lot of questions to ask him.

1 Like

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by HCpaul(m): 11:15am On Jul 20, 2015
That is carnal mentality. The boring nature is only embedded in the mortal body. Spiritual host of heaven enjoy full embodiment of joy.

1 Like

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 20, 2015
HCpaul:
That is carnal mentality. The boring nature is only embedded in the mortal body. Spiritual host of heaven enjoy full embodiment of joy.
and thus says a mortal with carnal mentality.

And how do u knw that spiritual host of heaven enjoy full embodiment of joy since u re a mortal and not spirit?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by johnydon22(m): 11:40am On Jul 20, 2015

I guess some people find comfort in the notion of passing away instead of simply dying.
Its not difficult to understand why we create these stories of living again after we die for ourselves, given that we almost certainly/probably are the only species on the planet who knows from a very young age that we shall die one day.

Other creatures just live in the moment. I doubt that the goats and dogs outside are fretting about afterlife or performing rituals and prayers or conjuring up beliefs to secure their place in heaven.

But our knowledge of the inevitable end of our being in somewhat of a burden.

So maybe we should stop dwelling in such fantasies as afterlife and focus more on what we have now and where we are

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by hahn(m): 11:45am On Jul 20, 2015
Exactly!

johnydon22:

I guess some people find comfort in the notion of passing away instead of simply dying.
Its not difficult to understand why we create these stories of living again after we die for ourselves, given that we almost certainly/probably are the only species on the planet who knows from a very young age that we shall die one day.

Other creatures just live in the moment. I doubt that the goats and dogs outside are fretting about afterlife or performing rituals and prayers or conjuring up beliefs to secure their place in heaven.

So maybe we should stop dwelling in such fantasies as afterlife and focus more on what we have now and where we are

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 20, 2015
johnydon22:

and u knw what?

The inventors of these ishs didnt provide a formidable answers for most of these questions or were they thinking our mind wouldnt go as far as we re to question these things
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by menesheh(m): 12:04pm On Jul 20, 2015
HCpaul:

Does that means we will not posses our normal or carnal body in heaven or hell. So all of us will be spirit. The fire furnace in the hellfire may be spiritual too. The physical fire concept may be a different sort of spiritual and unknown fire.

Fantasies
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by PROPHETmichael: 12:11pm On Jul 20, 2015
Busayorafael:

So God has an Email Address? I don't mind his email address. I've a lot of questions to ask him.

It is written, "Our Father, who art in Heaven" Matthew 6:9! There you have it, both His name and address.
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by johnydon22(m): 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
krattoss:

and u knw what?

The inventors of these ishs didnt provide a formidable answers for most of these questions or were they thinking our mind wouldnt go as far as we re to question these things
The very first concept of afterlife and judgement. .(atleast among the ones we know documented) was invented by the Egyptians.

THE TRIBUNAL OF OSIRIS. . Thats one of the main reasons they built mastabas and pyramids and embalmed their dead because they believed the physical condition of the
body will help the spirit pass the test of Osiris. . .

Here is the hierioglyphic describing the judgement. . The God Anubis leading the soul to the hall of the Gods, Horus is seen standing in front of Osiris who is seated and the Goddess Isis standing beside him.

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 20, 2015
menesheh:

Does that means we will not posses our normal or carnal body in heaven or hell. So all of us will be spirit. The fire furnace in the hellfire may be spiritual too. The physical fire concept may be a different sort of spiritual and unknown fire.

Fantasies

leave that mortal with carna knwoledge.
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by johnydon22(m): 12:40pm On Jul 20, 2015
krattoss:
leave that mortal with carna knwoledge.
This needs to reach front page to get more hilarious and canal buttered in spiritual and iron knowledge filled comments... invite the mods
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2015
johnydon22:
This needs to reach front page to get more hilarious and canal buttered in spiritual and iron knowledge filled comments... invite the mods
oya naa

lalasticlala.... Abeg do the needful
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by NumberOne2(m): 5:14am On Jul 21, 2015
krattoss:
I mean its funny.

Ok, after u ve made it to heaven, what next? U going to stay there for years to years, centuries to centuries, decades to decades? Probably singing, praying, eating host and wine, enjoying ur 72 virgins?

I mean even sometimes life is boring even for the rich, not to talk of eternity.

In my own opinion, eternity will be boring whether in heaven or in hell.

Whats ur take?

In the old days men lived close to 1,000 years. I don't know of any that got bored or that commited suicide.
Also go check, rich men & POOR get bored on Earth and some commit suicide cos they lack hope or have mental issues. There are rich/poor happy men on Earth that will love to live longer days cos they enjoy it.

Its like a 5 year old imagining how a man could live 90 years. He will go, "gee what will I be doing in the next 85 years? Playing in the sand?" Little does he know that there are more experiences in life the higher you go.

That's why you think we will sleep and wake and do our daily chores (of worshiping God). Well, like the 5 year old (with limited thinking) so are we in this World (concerning eternity).

Anyways, going to heaven (if boring or not) is still better than becoming manure after death right?
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 6:49am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

In the old days men lived close to 1,000 years. I don't know of any that got bored or that commited suicide.
Also go check, rich men & POOR get bored on Earth and some commit suicide cos they lack hope or have mental issues. There are rich/poor happy men on Earth that will love to live longer days cos they enjoy it.

Its like a 5 year old imagining how a man could live 90 years. He will go, "gee what will I be doing in the next 85 years? Playing in the sand?" Little does he know that there are more experiences in life the higher you go.

That's why you think we will sleep and wake and do our daily chores (of worshiping God). Well, like the 5 year old (with limited thinking) so are we in this World (concerning eternity).

Anyways, going to heaven (if boring or not) is still better than becoming manure after death right?
men lived 1000 years in the olden days? Lol..... Well should i guess? Ur old archaeic bible says so. Beleive it at ur own peril.

Why will a 5 year old baby be thinking what he will be doing in next 85 years when he is rightly seeing hiis or her granny? Well a five year old baby doesnt think so cos his thinking abilities has not reached to that extent.

As for me i will live my life to the fullest on earth, so what befalls me afterlife, so be it.(if atall there is any). Than to desplease myself to please an unknwn big monster promising me a boring eternity.

1 Like

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by NumberOne2(m): 7:09am On Jul 21, 2015
krattoss:
men lived 1000 years in the olden days? Lol..... Well should i guess? Ur old archaeic bible says so. Beleive it at ur own peril.

Why will a 5 year old baby be thinking what he will be doing in next 85 years when he is rightly seeing hiis or her granny? Well a five year old baby doesnt think so cos his thinking abilities has not reached to that extent.

As for me i will live my life to the fullest on earth, so what befalls me afterlife, so be it.(if atall there is any). Than to desplease myself to please an unknwn big monster promising me a boring eternity.

Correction: 5 year old was an example. You can make it 10 if it helps.
Refering to the BOLDED. I don't know what you think Christianity is but my life isn't a boring one. I love cars, sports, cinemas, riding horses and general hanging out. These are fun and aren't sins.

PS: Most times what folks call fun is SEX (women), DRINKING (alcohol) and FOUL LANGUAGE (freedom of speech). If these were so much fun, I wonder why people still commit suicide.
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by johnydon22(m): 8:48am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Correction: 5 year old was an example. You can make it 10 if it helps.
Refering to the BOLDED. I don't know what you think Christianity is but my life isn't a boring one. I love cars, sports, cinemas, riding horses and general hanging out. These are fun and aren't sins.

PS: Most times what folks call fun is SEX (women), DRINKING (alcohol) and FOUL LANGUAGE (freedom of speech). If these were so much fun, I wonder why people still commit suicide.
Hahahahaha ok now compare this margin. . (let me assume men lived up to 1,000 years.

Now a 10 year old thinking what he would be doing for 1000years.
Krattos thinking what he will be doing for 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.....………………………………………………………… keep counting til infinitum.. (Tho mathematically, there is no infinitum)

so now compare the gap between the 10year old and 1000years and kratto and his infinite number of years in paradise..

What could you possibly do with all that?? wink
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by NumberOne2(m): 9:12am On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Hahahahaha ok now compare this margin. . (let me assume men lived up to 1,000 years.

Now a 10 year old thinking what he would be doing for 1000years.
Krattos thinking what he will be doing for 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.....………………………………………………………… keep counting til infinitum.. (Tho mathematically, there is no infinitum)

so now compare the gap between the 10year old and 1000years and kratto and his infinite number of years in paradise..

What could you possibly do with all that?? wink

This is not even an issue for debate.
- Just ask 5 or 10 people (irrespective of beliefs) around you if they will want to live forever.
- Ask them if it were possible what they will do with all that time.
- Ask ladies why they spend on/apply make up to look younger.
The come back and post the result of the polls.
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by johnydon22(m): 9:31am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

This is not even an issue for debate.
- Just ask 5 or 10 people (irrespective of beliefs) around you if they will want to live forever.
- Ask them if it were possible what they will do with all that time.
- Ask ladies why they spend on/apply make up to look younger.
The come back and post the result of the polls.
Hahahahahahaha we are not debating at all, you should know when am debating and when am not, we are just sharing a friendly discourse.
yes life is precious because we are well are aware that we will die... Death gives value to life... Life and death are negates and depend on each other for meaning because something that is not alive don't die smiley

We all know why we create this fantasie for ourselves because of the innate greed to live on, because many of us couldn't juts bear that when we die that is it.
That most people around you believe and greedily clamor for another life doesn't make it true.

We should judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.
And our willingness to embrace what is TRUE rather than WHAT FEELS GOOD
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by NumberOne2(m): 11:20am On Jul 21, 2015
johnydon22:

We should judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

And our willingness to embrace what is TRUE rather than WHAT FEELS GOOD

Refering to words in GREEN

The truth or your truth?
What makes you absolutely 100% certain that there is nothing after death?
To the extent that you want ALL to embrace it as the FINAL TRUTH?

1 Like

Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 21, 2015
people want to live forever, that's why the fantasy of heaven and hell was created.

it gives hope to the hopeless, but dying is a nightmare to the wealthy people.

read ecclesiastics and see what Solomon called this life.

Earth itself is an illusion. nothing is real...
Re: After Making Heaven Or Hell, What Next? by johnydon22(m): 11:31am On Jul 21, 2015
NumberOne2:

Refering to words in GREEN

The truth or your truth?
What makes you absolutely 100% certain that there is nothing after death?
To the extent that you want ALL to embrace it as the FINAL TRUTH?
It's in no way a truth i wish to tag universal.
Your lack of proof to back up your claim that there is, is proof enough against it. . . . Animals die, you die, an ant die. . . You have not shown how yours is different from theirs.

Until you provide proof for the posate, the weight always leans on the negate. . .Goodluck doing that smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Call Him Jesus If His Name Is Yeshua? - Christianity / Where Did Matthew, Mark And John Get The Nativity Story From? / Are Jehovah’s Witnesses A Hierarchical Religion? And Does It Matter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.