Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan (3475 Views)

Beggars Pray In Kaduna; Kill Pregnant Sheep, Ask God To Punish Their Oppressors / "I Asked God To Protect Me By Making Jonathan Lose" - Amaechi / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by johnmartus(m): 10:29am On Jan 11, 2015
LAGOS 2015

Oba Rilwan Akiolu - I have asked God to bless APC’s Ambode, Oba of Lagos tells Jonathan

The monarch of Nigeria’s commercial capital of Lagos, Oba Rilwan Akiolu, on Thursday told President Goodluck Jonathan that he had already submitted the name of the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Akinwunmi Ambode for the blessing of God.

The Oba, who had publicly endorsed Ambode for the position last year, said that he had presented Ambode’s candidature for God’s blessing at the 2014 Hajj in Saudi Arabia.

Oba Akiolu said this when President Goodluck Jonathan and his team visited him at his palace. Jonathan was in Lagos to flag off his re-election campaign as the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party.

But Akiolu had soothing words for Jonathan.

He said notwithstanding his beseeching God to make Ambode governor of the state, God would always have the final say.

According to him, both Ambode and the PDP candidate, Jimi Agbaje are his children.

The monarch also defended President Jonathan against the criticisms against him by opposition politicians.

To Oba Akiolu, President Jonathan should not be held responsible for the problems of Nigeria.

Akiolu said that many of the problems in the country predated the Jonathan administration, adding
that fighting corruption is the responsibility of every Nigerian.

“What will be, will be; God Almighty will give the best person the opportunity to lead this country.

Mr President, God knows the best; I am happy; what I want are free and fair elections.

“I am happy that Mr President directed INEC to ensure that voters’ cards are distributed to every eligible member of the electorate,’’ he said.

He urged the INEC to ensure distribution of voters’ cards, saying that Lagos had more than six million eligible voters.

The royal father urged that security agents should not be unfairly used against any citizen during the general elections.

Akiolu accused former President Olusegun Obasanjo of not treating Lagos well during his administration and leaving many problems unsolved in the country.

Earlier, Jonathan said that he came to the palace to pay homage to the royal father and sought his prayers. — with Sunday Dare and Odunmbaku Cardinal Baba Eto.
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Adextaiwo48(m): 10:32am On Jan 11, 2015
The elders are wise

5 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Truth24(m): 10:34am On Jan 11, 2015
Being Neutral is important!
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 11, 2015
The voice of the people is the voice of God.

Ambode is the voice of the people.....

14 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by SUBMARINE: 10:35am On Jan 11, 2015
APC propaganda

No Oba will make such comment even if he has blessed APC.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by MyNameIsMyName: 10:35am On Jan 11, 2015
Most people supporting GEJ are doing so simply becos he's a christian and southerner/ "power must no go back to the north bandwagon", and so they neglect his incompetence in performing his duties as the PRESIDENT and one who fails to take responsibilities rather he blames opposition. When he was elected first he removed fuel subsidy and promised heaven and earth but till now we've not seen its usefulness. Woe to u GEJ and Lady shrek

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by daben1(m): 10:36am On Jan 11, 2015
#supportBuhari-suppportbetterlive

6 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by donphilopus: 10:37am On Jan 11, 2015
Jonathan and Jimi Agbaje are on their own. The People's General and Akinwumi Ambode are the People's Choice!

Akinwumi Ambode for Lagos! February 28th!

Muhammadu Buhari for Nigeria! February 14th!

17 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 11, 2015
n So? OBAAAAAAAA! I respect u as KING n also as a Traditional Ruler, But u know God don already Bless Jonathan, u see just wait for FEB u go see d lection urself. Chai d ones wey f pain me past na those people way d say them need #change when them never even Change their Toothbrush of Last Year. Chai!! But OBa i think say na OdUDUWa u d pray for na, anyway GEJ till 2019! That Guy wey d coment next to me d vex so him make wey for another Guy, i hope not an APC thug

2 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 11, 2015
No wonder gej went bananas at the rally. Lol

9 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by bi0nics: 10:59am On Jan 11, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by alaoeri: 11:10am On Jan 11, 2015
Not the first Akinolu will publicly support Ambode's candidature, he once said it to the glaring face of Bode & Koro that Ambode is his choice.
Ambo... ati de
APC taking over.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by EdCure: 11:37am On Jan 11, 2015
Obiagelli:
Now we know grin

6 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 11, 2015
donphilopus:
Jonathan and Jimi Agbaje are on their own. The People's General and Akinwumi Ambode are the People's Choice!

Akinwumi Ambode for Lagos! February 28th!

Muhammadu Buhari for Nigeria! February 14th!
My brother abeg no de call Jimi, he is not an option. As for Muhammadu Buhari, he is the candidate of all Nigerians including the Obas. GEJ is a failure!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by HzRF(m): 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:
APC propaganda

It as if you don't know oba of lagos

Him and Tinubu be 5 nd 6
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by NaijaOptimist: 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
GMB all the way.

1 Like

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by johnmartus(m): 1:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
SUBMARINE:
APC propaganda

he said it loudly not in secret rites

3 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by SUBMARINE: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnmartus:
he said it loudly not in secret rites

Where you there.?

Provide video clip.?
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Kingmakerrr: 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obiagelli:

Hahahaha. I'm so in love with this lady.
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
Ode!
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by anonimi: 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
SAUCEless propaganda news and LIE, LIE from the house of APC as usual.
SMH!!!

1 Like

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Hollysaint: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmm
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 4:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
Bet GEJ was like 'e don be for me'
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by BraveAfrican(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by ChinemeOkpan: 5:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
What an elderly person can see when sitting down, a young one cannot see when standing- Yoruba Proverb

Kabiyesi has spoken

Ambode is next governor of Lagos

Sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by dollyptosh(m): 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Obiagelli:
Lmao! you're funny.
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by aare07(m): 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
He is looking for posts for his children.
Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by brightlomo(m): 5:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
sai buhari.

Re: Lagos:2015 Oba Of Lagos - I Have Asked God To Bless Apc Oba Tells Jonathan by Phame: 6:14pm On Jan 11, 2015
ilugunboy:
The voice of the people is the voice of God.

Ambode is the voice of the people.....
jimi agbaje lost the sympathy when he misfired by saying he'd lead lagos like kogi, niger, ebonyi etc, on the day he was handed the flag at that rally.

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Chairman ,jega Has Already Drafted His Resignation Letter / Memo To Ambode: Build The Three Flyovers Lekki ‘expressway’ Needs / Ben Bruce Shares Picutres Of Himself In First Class - Nigerians tackle him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.