Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,270 members, 7,957,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:10 PM

Is It True That Yoriyori Type Of Music Makes You Behave Like An...? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Is It True That Yoriyori Type Of Music Makes You Behave Like An...? (637 Views)

When Love Makes You Cry / The Average Nigerian's Faulty Conception Of Music (blog Post) / My First Time In A City (hope I Didn't Behave Like Mumu?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It True That Yoriyori Type Of Music Makes You Behave Like An...? by marenx: 10:41am On Jan 11, 2015
Is it true that Yoriyori type of music makes you behave like an illiterate robot while Highlife makes you think like a man?

Olu, my friend, lied in his bed inside a dormitory listening to Highlife and missed choir. When asked why, he said High life is a Nigerian world class music genre. Is it not true?

Hipop doesn't get well recognition because it doesn't speak well. Rock and roll gets a little recognition but no good musicians to elevate it. Afrobeats works when Fela Kuti was alive. What of Highlife which remains the only worldclass Nigerian music genre as for now?

Even if you sing African Queen, it will hardly gain world-classed recognition like Highlife because people love to hear words of wisdom and watch practical live performance.

High life musicians perfected their art. Like American Hipopers, they find it simple because it comes by their ancestors. Their local instruments and voice are unique. Their valuable contents keep you interesting teaching you more about life. It is never childish like recent popular Naija songs. Why not thinking of becoming a highlife musician instead of wasting your time imitating popular Naija musicians singing like illiterate.

Popular Highlife musicians include:
*. Fela Kuti in his first band, Koola Lobitos
*. Flavour N'abania
*. Sonny Okosuns
*. Prince Nico Mbarga
*. Bola Abimbola
*. Oliver De Coque
*. Tunji Oyelana
*. Victor Olaiya
*. Victor Uwaifo
*. Rex Lawson
*. Bola Johnson
*. Oriental Brothers International
*. Solomon Ilori
*. Dr Sir Warrior
*. King Bruce
*. Lungu Lungu
*. Chief Stephen Osita Osadebe
*. Babá Ken Okulolo
*. Orlando Owoh
*. Roy Chicago
*. Tunde Nightighale-The one with the sonorous voice
*. Adeolu Akinsanya
*. Kayode Fashola
*. Fatai Rolli

Naija Highlife is of two types. There is a Yoruba type which talking drum is put to use, but that of Igbo or Ghanaians is obvious with both local and English instruments.

To be a world-class Highlife Musician, you need to take your time buying all the instruments including English Band, Ogene musical instrument, guitar, trumpet, piano, talking drum, big speakers and microphones, jazzy horns, etc. You can use highlife genre to sing gospel, romance, and other subgenre.

Read original here https://marenjohnmafuyai./2015/01/11/is-it-true-that-yoriyori-type-of-music-makes-you-behave-like-an-illiterate-robot-while-highlife-makes-you-think-like-a/

(1) (Reply)

All Is Not Lost / If He Doesn't Propose, Then I Will: Desperation VS Reality / How Bad Was I?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.