Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,165 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Does Allah Heal The Sick? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Allah Heal The Sick? (4954 Views)

All Nairaland Pastors Lets Go And Heal The Sick In Hospitals / Why Do Pastors Not Go To Hospitals To Heal The Sick There? / Why Mahama Can Heal The “cripples” Pastor Chris Could Not Heal (A MUST READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Rilwon: 9:39pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

habaaaa look at the type of brain some religious fanatics possess...

And that of religioless fanatic like yours is comparable to that of a fish? undecided

so their is nothing like traditional medical knowledge in your village i suppose...

Mumu, who is talking about medical knowledge? is'nt this medical knowledge the same one that this doctor posses that they used in concluding that my sis can only deliver by undergoing CS? how come she delivered by herself after their fo0lish conclusion that she can only do that by CS? how come their pharmacist and scientist knowledge didnt reveal to them that she can still do that on her own? how come it was after our prayers that God should take control of hwr situation that she gave birth without the heronious CS conclusion?

Even Iya Semiu on the other street of my hood was able to help a pregnant woman deliver a baby in her room. Is she a pharmacist too? a scientist like you dumbo? or did she posess traditional knowledge as you fo0lish claim up there?.

i am not here to exchange words with you...Have a nice one bro...peace

You too undecided
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by johnydon22(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
Rilwon:

And that of religioless fanatic like yours is comparable to that of a fish? undecided

Mumu, who is talking about medical knowledge? is'nt this medical knowledge the same one that this doctor posses that they used in concluding that my sis can only deliver by undergoing CS? how come she delivered by herself after their fo0lish conclusion that she can only do that by CS? how come their pharmacist and scientist knowledge didnt reveal to them that she can still do that on her own? how come it was after our prayers that God should take control of hwr situation that she gave birth without the heronious CS conclusion?

Even Iya Semiu on the other street of my hood was able to help a pregnant woman deliver a baby in her room. Is she a pharmacist too? a scientist like you dumbo? or did she posess traditional knowledge as you fo0lish claim up there?.

You too undecided
chai... WTF...smh seriously... biko eeeh sir no be quarrel before u begin shoot person or bomb person for nairaland... biko eeeehn e don do... we are done... carry on with ur delusion grin
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Mintayo(m): 1:13am On Jan 13, 2015
Allah heal the sick ke? If I hear. Even his prophet didn't have time when there were slaves to catch and men's wives to take. And to try think he died of food poisoning.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Rilwon: 10:25am On Jan 13, 2015
johnydon22:

chai... WTF...smh seriously... biko eeeh sir no be quarrel before u begin shoot person or bomb person for nairaland... biko eeeehn e don do... we are done... carry on with ur delusion grin

lol grin grin hehehe
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Vibesking(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
I'm still waiting for someone to pave a broad picture on the topic.. All I've seen are rants and arguments. Simply tell us, has a miracle ever happened in a mosque?
And the Islam guys that have commented so far, ya'll are diverging away from the topic.. You seem to corroborate the healing power of Allah to medical science..
That is, for someone to receive healing from Allah, He/she needs to be confined to carnal medical assistance..why so?''
whereas in Christianity someone can receive a divine healing from watching a Christian program or saying a prayer of faith right in his/her bedroom.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Mintayo:
Allah heal the sick ke? If I hear. Even his prophet didn't have time when there were slaves to catch and men's wives to take. And to try think he died of food poisoning.

Actually, there are many documented cases of the Prophet (saw) healing sick people in the hadith. In fact, many more miracles were documented about him than the two dozen or so about Jesus in the new testament. However, muslims do not see miracles as a sign of anything in particular, and they are always de-emphasized. People who ask for signs can end up being deceived.

Vibesking:
I'm still waiting for someone to pave a broad picture on the topic.. All I've seen are rants and arguments. Simply tell us, has a miracle ever happened in a mosque?
And the Islam guys that have commented so far, ya'll are diverging away from the topic.. You seem to corroborate the healing power of Allah to medical science..
That is, for someone to receive healing from Allah, He/she needs to be confined to carnal medical assistance..why so?''
whereas in Christianity someone can receive a divine healing from watching a Christian program or saying a prayer of faith right in his/her bedroom.

It seems you have a specific response you are waiting for.
In Islam, lying is not permitted. And 'miracles', if and when they occur, are personal things, and are not vaunted and used to convert the ignorant. As I also said earlier, mosques are for the worship of Allah, not engaging in sundry marketing strategies. So we cannot offer you statistics.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Mintayo(m): 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
Abuamam:

Actually, there are many documented cases of the Prophet (saw) healing sick people in the hadith. In fact, many more miracles were documented about him than the two dozen or so about Jesus in the new testament. However, muslims do not see miracles as a sign of anything in particular, and they are always de-emphasized. People who ask for signs can end up being deceived
Be deceiving yourself, people are deceived because they do not know the truth neither are they willing to know the truth, such is the case of Muslims.
Saying that your prophet did more miracles than Jesus shows you don't know what you are saying and talking with you is not worth It,
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Vibesking(m): 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2015
Abuamam:

Actually, there are many documented cases of the Prophet (saw) healing sick people in the hadith. In fact, many more miracles were documented about him than the two dozen or so about Jesus in the new testament. However, muslims do not see miracles as a sign of anything in particular, and they are always de-emphasized. People who ask for signs can end up being deceived.

In Islam, lying is not permitted. And 'miracles', if and when they occur, are personal things, and are not vaunted and used to convert the ignorant. As I also said earlier, mosques are for the worship of Allah, not engaging in sundry marketing strategies. So we cannot offer you statistics.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Vibesking(m): 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2015
Abuamam:

Abuamam:

you talking about SAW in the Qu'ran, and I'm talking about 21century miracles. .
Has an Imam (in this generation) ever been an advocate for healing?
Has he (an Imam) prayed for a sick person and they become whole due to the influence of the power of Allah?
.. That's all I ask and you'al Muslims seems to be diverging from hitting the nail on its head.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by truthman2012(m): 3:29pm On Jan 15, 2015
Any muslim who claims he performed miracles is a liar. Muhammad could not perform miracles, how could his follower perform?

[b]Muhammd Could No Perform Miracles[/b]

Of course when challenged by skeptics, Muhammad repeatedly denied being able to perform any miracle. He admitted that although other prophets before him were given the power of performing miracles, his only miracle is Quran.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."

There are many verses in Quran that reaffirm this last Hadith, proving that Muhammad never performed any miracle and found it useless. In the following verse Muhammad is acknowledging that other prophets before him came with miracles or clear signs but still people rejected them, highlighting the futility of miracles as the proof of his revelation.

Q. 03: 138
They (also) said: "Allah took our promise not to believe in an messenger unless He showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (From heaven)." Say: "There came to you messengers before me, with clear Signs and even with what ye ask for: why then did ye slay them, if ye speak the truth?" if you are truthful?

And he would reply:

Q. 17: 93
Say: "Glory to my Lord! Am I aught but a man,- a messenger?"

People doubted Muhammad because they saw nothing extraordinary or miraculous in him.

Q. 17: 94
And naught prevented mankind from believing when the guidance came unto them save that they said: Hath Allah sent a mortal as (His) messenger?

Q. 25: 7
And they say: "What sort of a messenger is this, who eats food, and walks through the streets? Why has not an angel been sent down to him to give admonition with him?

Q. 25: 8
"Or (Why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him, or why has he (not) a garden for enjoyment?" The wicked say: "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched."

But Muhammad kept telling them that he is just an ordinary man not an angel, meaning people should not expect miracles from him!

Q. 17: 95
Say: Had there been in the earth angels walking about as settlers, We would certainly have sent down to them from the heaven an angel as a messenger.

The common sense dictates that no one would deny and call a man who performs such mighty miracles like splitting the moon, as believed by all the Muslims a mad man or possessed. But the people who knew him actually called him by these names.

Q. 15: 06
They say: "O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! truly thou art mad (or possessed)!.

No one would demand him miracles if he had already performed one

Q. 15: 07
Why do you not bring to us the angels if you are of the truthful ones?

But Muhammad responded

Q. 15: 08
We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have!

The Quraishites kept asking for a sign or a miracle to believe and Muhammad kept saying that he is only a warner.
Q. 13: 07
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2015
Vibesking:
you talking about SAW in the Qu'ran, and I'm talking about 21century miracles. .
Has an Imam (in this generation) ever been an advocate for healing?
Has he (an Imam) prayed for a sick person and they become whole due to the influence of the power of Allah?
.. That's all I ask and you'al Muslims seems to be diverging from hitting the nail on its head.

The way you ask your question is inapplicable. An Imam is a man who leads salat. A better question would have been, 'has any muslim prayed for himself or for a relative to be healed and he/ she was?' The answer is 'Yes', it probably happens everyday and all the time. Due to the influence of the power of Allah? Of course. Allah is the only One who cures.

By the way, that post was in response to someone who said that even the prophet (saw) did not perform any miracle. I pointed out that he did.

Mintayo:

Be deceiving yourself, people are deceived because they do not know the truth neither are they willing to know the truth, such is the case of Muslims.
Saying that your prophet did more miracles than Jesus shows you don't know what you are saying and talking with you is not worth It,

Actually, it is you who is trying to close your mind to what goes against your cherished beliefs. Count the number of miracles attributed to Jesus in the NT and find out about the miracles performed by the prophet (saw) documented in the hadith. Then come and tell us your findings.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Vibesking(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:
Any muslim who claim miracle is a liar. Muhammad could not perform miracles, how could his follower perform?

[b]Muhammd Could No Perform Miracles[/b]

Of course when challenged by skeptics, Muhammad repeatedly denied being able to perform any miracle. He admitted that although other prophets before him were given the power of performing miracles, his only miracle is Quran.

Sahih Bukhari Volume 9, Book 92, Number 379
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, "There was no prophet among the prophets but was given miracles because of which people had security or had belief, but what I was given was the Divine Inspiration which Allah revealed to me. So I hope that my followers will be more than those of any other prophet on the Day of Resurrection."

There are many verses in Quran that reaffirm this last Hadith, proving that Muhammad never performed any miracle and found it useless. In the following verse Muhammad is acknowledging that other prophets before him came with miracles or clear signs but still people rejected them, highlighting the futility of miracles as the proof of his revelation.

Q. 03: 138
They (also) said: "Allah took our promise not to believe in an messenger unless He showed us a sacrifice consumed by Fire (From heaven)." Say: "There came to you messengers before me, with clear Signs and even with what ye ask for: why then did ye slay them, if ye speak the truth?" if you are truthful?

And he would reply:

Q. 17: 93
Say: "Glory to my Lord! Am I aught but a man,- a messenger?"

People doubted Muhammad because they saw nothing extraordinary or miraculous in him.

Q. 17: 94
And naught prevented mankind from believing when the guidance came unto them save that they said: Hath Allah sent a mortal as (His) messenger?

Q. 25: 7
And they say: "What sort of a messenger is this, who eats food, and walks through the streets? Why has not an angel been sent down to him to give admonition with him?

Q. 25: 8
"Or (Why) has not a treasure been bestowed on him, or why has he (not) a garden for enjoyment?" The wicked say: "Ye follow none other than a man bewitched."

But Muhammad kept telling them that he is just an ordinary man not an angel, meaning people should not expect miracles from him!

Q. 17: 95
Say: Had there been in the earth angels walking about as settlers, We would certainly have sent down to them from the heaven an angel as a messenger.

The common sense dictates that no one would deny and call a man who performs such mighty miracles like splitting the moon, as believed by all the Muslims a mad man or possessed. But the people who knew him actually called him by these names.

Q. 15: 06
They say: "O thou to whom the Message is being revealed! truly thou art mad (or possessed)!.

No one would demand him miracles if he had already performed one

Q. 15: 07
Why do you not bring to us the angels if you are of the truthful ones?

But Muhammad responded

Q. 15: 08
We send not the angels down except for just cause: if they came (to the ungodly), behold! no respite would they have!

The Quraishites kept asking for a sign or a miracle to believe and Muhammad kept saying that he is only a warner.

Q. 13: 07

You've spoken entirely well!
In epitome, miracles are not imbibed in Islam.
I wonder why the prior Muslims swerved answering the question.
But you sir (tips my hat), have answered intelligently.
Thanks for your contribution.

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 15, 2015
Vibesking:

You've spoken entirely well!
In epitome, miracles are not imbibed in Islam.
I wonder why the prior Muslims swerved answering the question.
But you sir (tips my hat), have answered intelligently.
Thanks for your contribution.

You should have told us the kind of answer you were looking for. Just figures, they are all the same.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Vibesking(m): 7:50pm On Jan 15, 2015
Abuamam:

You should have told us the kind of answer you were looking for. Just figures, they are all the same.
Sir, kindly scroll up and read my question again.
And also read the answers ya'll Muslims gave, instead of coming out plainly noting that miracles are not possible in Islam.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by mgrey: 3:31am On Feb 26, 2017

Actually, there are many documented cases of the Prophet (saw) healing sick people in the hadith. In fact, many more miracles were documented about him than the two dozen or so about Jesus in the new testament. However, muslims do not see miracles as a sign of anything in particular, and they are always de-emphasized. People who ask for signs can end up being deceived

I once doubted the performing of miracles in the church and thought too that it was for show and or money. until beginning a few months ago I sought this out for myself. I tried it and it didn't work, but I saw it in my church many times. If I am quoting the right person, you said in one of your posts that you were a church goer. I am sorry that the churches you visited were not Spirit filled, because the true churches that are alive in Christ perform miracles, they prophecy, and deliver. some of the five folds of the ministry. Anyway, only through myself could I know this was true so I prayed and tried on other people to heal them. Soon, I began seeing Jesus heal people through me. Notice I am not claiming this power for myself which you thought most Christians do. Performing of miracles is praising God, which is why it can be done in the church, and anywhere else. You say no miracles in the mosque, because it is strictly for worship. But friend I tell you miracles ARE worship and glorification. Anyway, I pray that God may lead me to atleast one person to pray for everyday, to speed His glory, to defeat the works of the devil, and to change someone's life. To no surprise He has been faithful, and everyday for weeks now I have been blessed enough to bless someone else's life though miracles. From small things like colds and fevers, to instantly watching legs of different heights to grow out. Right before my eyes in the name of Jesus. And yes, I have heard crazier stories than mine: proven cancerous tumors completely disappearing from bodies, patients with severe mental illnesses being freed. It's awesome and I know these people well that have taken apart in this ministry. Know that for me too, a believer in Christ, it is not okay to lie. Everything noted is truth. And don't get me wrong, natural healing through doctors and even rest is okay too! But to know our identity and authority is to say that pain and sickness does not belong. It is not of God.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by emmanuel1990(m): 7:29am On Feb 26, 2017
kevoh:
Medical Science and Common sense are two Gods that heal the sick way better than Islam and Christianity combined.
Have u ever seen any doctor that has ever healed a h.I.v. patient b4....
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by emmanuel1990(m): 7:36am On Feb 26, 2017

Based on your last addendum alone, I will answer your questions.

First, you say you have heard and seen miracles happen in churches. Actually, you have been made to believe that pastors perform miracles. I was a churchgoer for a number of years, though my senses never vacated me, and as a science oriented university student at the time, the issue of miracle healings really interested me. My own research showed that no single miracle that I investigated in any of the churches I went to, could be affirmed as inexplicable or out of the ordinary. None had proven medical records or precedence that would cause TRAINED medical personnel to believe the 'miracle'. Many are outright fraudulent 419. I mention this because it is you who sought to compare. In fact, I believe a thread was recently created asking for someone who had seen a confirmed miracle personally. Last time I checked, it was all 'someone told someone who told me', or whatever unconfirmed stories they hear during testimonies.

Secondly, Pastors do it to be seen of men, as a form of advertisement. Muslims who are knowledgeable in Islam (not 'alfas'), do supplicate for healing and it may work, I do not know. Muslims may not claim authority for healing. Allah alone heals, so it is seen as hypocritical to claim that 'I healed him/her'. So such things are not advertised. Moreover, the mosque is a place for worship, not a hospital, so such supplications could be done in the patient's home. There is of course, no way to gather data on how effective it is, because there are no platforms in the mosque for 'miracle testimony', so I cannot satisfy you there. Furthermore, supplication by knowledgeable muslims are ALWAYS combined with proper medical attention; the prophet (saw) said: "For every illness, Allah has created its remedy", ie from among the plants or things found in nature or forms of medical intervention. Muslims whole heartedly accept the medical adage:
"we care, God cures".

Thirdly, each muslim is expected to ask for his needs from Allah on his own. We need no intermediaries. Allah has said in the Qur'an:
"Ask Me and I will answer you". So it is best and most effective to get up in the night, perform ablution, pray some voluntary salats then ask Allah to cure you or your loved one. That is the most recommended way.

As for me, I have seen my mother recite the Qur'an over her sick grandchildren regularly, though we do not neglect drugs. She has, on occasion, even recited over strangers and on one occasion where I was present, on a visit to my sister in the hospital, she heard the lady in the next room crying. Being extremely empathic, she had to go there and met a woman suffering from really prolonged labour. She was tired and racked with contractions according to her. My mother asked if she could recite the Qur'an for her, and the woman agreed (the woman had Catholic icons in the room, but I guess she was desperate by that time); To cut long story short, my mother started reciting for her and within minutes, the baby started coming. Though I witnessed it, I cannot say whether it was coincidental or in response to the prayer. We never saw her again after she was taken to the labour room, though the older nurses in that hospital still remind my mother. She herself is less concerned.

So in Islam, we do emphasise individual self-supplication and we encourage medical treatment in addition to it.
my big brother anyone that is still doubting miracles now has just made up his mind not to believe...... I can send some airtime to u....go to YouTube and type ...prophet t.b Joshua's amazing miracles and u will see Wonder. ...its only a fool that will see a rotten leg been heals and then call it an arrangements.. God bless u.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Was God When He Created Heavens And Earth / Does The Bible Give Clues To How Old The Earth Is? / NASA Finds Message From God On Mars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.