Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,246 members, 7,815,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri (952 Views)

Soon-To-Wed Soldier Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri (Photos) / PDP Plans To Sell Party Membership, Ministrial Slots For Being Cash-strapped / Nigerian Student Caught With $10million Worth Of Drug Strapped To His Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by nduchucks: 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
What's going on, my people? I'm currently out of the country and just saw this news on CNN USA. Is this reported in our newspapers at home and have government officials said anything about this.

This is absolute nonsense and unacceptable!! cry

(Reuters) - A bomb strapped to a girl aged around 10 years old exploded in a busy market place in the Nigerian city of Maiduguri on Saturday, killing at least 16 people and injuring more than 20, security sources said.

"The explosive devices were wrapped around her body and the girl looked no more than 10 years old," a police source said.

Maiduguri, the capital of northern Borno state, lies in the heartland of an insurgency by Islamist militant group Boko Haram, and is often hit by bomb attacks.

Source
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by Paretomaster(m): 12:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
FTC, THIS MORE SERIOUS THAN WE THINK, ITS NOT ABOUT NORTHERNERS, WE ALL KNOW MAJORITY OF THESE TERRORISTS ARE FOREIGNERS, ITS JUST THAT WE HAVE A C-IN-C THAT LACKS THE BALLS TO DO THE NEEDFUL grin

CRIME ABOUNDS EVERYWHERE.

REST IN PEACE TO THE DEAD, AND MAY GOD EXPOSE THE WICKED PPL CARING OUT THESE DASTARDLY ACTS.

I DEDICATE THIS FTC FEAT TO MY EX WIFE DATALOSSVICTIM1.
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by Adextaiwo48(m): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2015
God save this from this daily mishaps.. Insecurity at its height
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by fitzmayowa: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Our northern brothers need to change their mentality...How can a sane human being do this to a 10year old girl...

May God deliver us
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by temitemi1(m): 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
One of buhari breeds strike yesterday...

1 Like

Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by kettykin: 12:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
Undiluted wickedness.
I hope later some imbeciles will not start blaming Ihejirika or igbos for their self imposed curse
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by kettykin: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Thanks to modern technology, the north is busy doing what birth control could not do for them
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by temitemi1(m): 12:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
grin grin grin
kettykin:
Thanks to modern technology, the north is busy doing what birth control could not do for them
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
This is what proper education could have solved. The imams also have a very huge role to play. They should be able to give the people a proper interpretation of the Koran to counter the teachings of the extremist. Government at all levels should put hands on deck to ensure that the people are properly educated. Parents also should be accountable for their kids. Anything aside proper education is a waste of time. Military intervention should be a temporary approach.
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by nduchucks: 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2015
Politics aside, we must learn to be united against attrocities such as this one. All well meaning Nigerians, starting from the President must condemn this act - all gloves need to be removed to fight this cancer.
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by Oluwatosean(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
fitzmayowa:
Our northern brothers need to change their mentality...How can a sane human being do this to a 10year old girl...

May God deliver us
thats it, those pple are insane
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by niqqa(m): 1:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
20 not 19
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by cocoduck: 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
at parretomaster
you are a fat liar those girls are NIGERIANS IN FLESH AND BLOOD
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by argon500: 2:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
Dem no dey tire?
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Paretomaster:
FTC, THIS MORE SERIOUS THAN WE THINK, ITS NOT ABOUT NORTHERNERS, WE ALL KNOW MAJORITY OF THESE TERRORISTS ARE FOREIGNERS, ITS JUST THAT WE HAVE A C-IN-C THAT LACKS THE BALLS TO DO THE NEEDFUL grin

CRIME ABOUNDS EVERYWHERE.

REST IN PEACE TO THE DEAD, AND MAY GOD EXPOSE THE WICKED PPL CARING OUT THESE DASTARDLY ACTS.

I DEDICATE THIS FTC FEAT TO MY EX WIFE DATALOSSVICTIM1.

Was it Jonathan that wrapped the bomb on the girls waist?

Or he was the one that detonated it?

It was either the little girl was kidnapped or her parents took her to the Jihardists, so was it Jonathan that kidnapped her or perhaps he instructed the parents to send the girl?

The girl must have been brain washed or intimidated into submission or did not even know what she was carrying, was it Jonathan that did it?

Perhaps, the ideology of Jihardism came from Jonathan? But I am sure he was not yet born when the first Jihardist in the name of Usman Dan Fodio soiled our lands with Innocent blood.

Comon bro, what can the police do to stop a woman who has decided to feed her husband with rat poison? Or what can Jonathan do about it?

Someone took an innocent girl, wrapped her with bomb and detonated it in a crowd, tell me what could you have done to stop it?

Listen bro, this fight is an ideology fight. Jonathan has started almajeri schools, all northerners instead of fighting Jonathan should join hands with him and deal with the issue from the root.

For now, you can continue to blame Jonathan insread of blaming those responsible for the madness

3 Likes

Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by PedroJP(m): 3:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
Zenimart:
This is what proper education could have solved. The imams also have a very huge role to play. They should be able to give the people a proper interpretation of the Koran to counter the teachings of the extremist. Government at all levels should put hands on deck to ensure that the people are properly educated. Parents also should be accountable for their kids. Anything aside proper education is a waste of time. Military intervention should be a temporary approach.

Pls wat has proper education got to do with insurgency ? Do u know dat some kingpins in insurgency are more educated than u ? My dear, it's all about idea and mentality.
Re: Bomb Strapped To Girl 'about 10 Years Old' Kills 19 In Maiduguri by Paretomaster(m): 3:27pm On Jan 11, 2015
noblezone:

Was it Jonathan that wrapped the bomb on the girls waist?

Or he was the one that detonated it?

It was either the little girl was kidnapped or her parents took her to the Jihardists, so was it Jonathan that kidnapped her or perhaps he instructed the parents to send the girl?

The girl must have been brain washed or intimidated into submission or did not even know what she was carrying, was it Jonathan that did it?

Perhaps, the ideology of Jihardism came from Jonathan? But I am sure he was not yet born when the first Jihardist in the name of Usman Dan Fodio soiled our lands with Innocent blood.

Comon bro, what can the police do to stop a woman who has decided to feed her husband with rat poison? Or what can Jonathan do about it?

Someone took an innocent girl, wrapped her with bomb and detonated it in a crowd, tell me what could you have done to stop it?

Listen bro, this fight is an ideology fight. Jonathan has started almajeri schools, all northerners instead of fighting Jonathan should join hands with him and deal with the issue from the root.

For now, you can continue to blame Jonathan insread of blaming those responsible for the madness

No he didn't wrap the bomb around her, but if he have utilize the resources at his disposal to dislodge the insurgents, it wouldn't have gotten to this stage.

even Yar'adua as slow as he is didn't appear clueless like this.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING!! Gmb's Medical Report From ABUTH (photo) / Fayose Destroying Our Posters, Planning Attack -APC / Container Falls On Buses At Ketu (graphic Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.