Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? (1155 Views)

The Beauty & Power Of JavaScript: "Hello World" Code As A Case Study / I'm Learning Programming Online And Blogging About My Experience / What Are The Worst Ways Of Learning Programming? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? by whyohme: 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
I've been learning Java from docs.oracle... for a while now, but despite all the examples here and there, once the tutorial poses a question to me I'm always like -- how do I start? I can answer the theoretical questions very well... but the practical ones always make me feel like -- what do I first type into NetBeans IDE? Apart from programming I'm reading something else... and I'm pretty a naturally brilliant student, but seriously "real-life" coding ALWAYS puzzle me. I'm always left hanging somewhere within the code exercise.
Please you programming gurus that -- learnt coding ONLINE (by yourselves). How was it? As in -- I don't see it as hard but... how do I start? Or should I just learn the whole thing before even laying my hands on any real life code? Do I need to cram and memorise every syntax? Or should I just be referencing to the tutorial often. How long would it take me to be able to -- see a piece of code and quickly detect the error? Or is there any cheat to learning programming?
Re: I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? by luksybee(m): 2:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
It a very common thing...

Hook me up on whatsapp with 080xxxxxxxx
Re: I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? by codemarshal08(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
ehm, am not a guru yet !, but i will contribute (Quickly clears himself b4 he gets a knock for replying)

Op, Start by learning the basis of Programming. Do this in bits. Practice on every new concepts you learn.
*Don't try to learn everything at once. You can not become an expert overnight. Becoming comfortable with programming comes with practice.
*Dont try and memorize every syntax , u will know them while u keep using them.
*When You have a Program to solve, what u do is to try to understand the problem at hand. then break this problem into bits . and start solving it bit by bit.

1 Like

Re: I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 11, 2015
The only way to be good at programming is to actually write a lot of code. So, pick up a little project and make sure you see it to completion.

Checkout something I did during the week to analyze big data coming from Twitter and create a beautiful visualization concerning the coming general election - www.olucurious.com OR http://104.236.65.196

Its relies on the implementation of some serious algorithms and data structure cos I've been processing hundreds of thousands of text.

That's how to learn to be a good developer. Pick up something quite challenging and make sure you push it to completion.

cc seun, dhtml18, webdezzi, javanian, sisqology, ajibel and co
Re: I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? by cmespeak: 10:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
this link should get u started, just follow step by step and think of a problem u can solve with yr knowledge

http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/java/java.html
Re: I'm Learning Programming But... How Can I Code (as In ... In Real Life)??? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
olucurious:
The only way to be good at programming is to actually write a lot of code. So, pick up a little project and make sure you see it to completion.

Checkout something I did during the week to analyze big data coming from Twitter and create a beautiful visualization concerning the coming general election - www.olucurious.com OR http://104.236.65.196

Its relies on the implementation of some serious algorithms and data structure cos I've been processing hundreds of thousands of text.

That's how to learn to be a good developer. Pick up something quite challenging and make sure you push it to completion.

best answer IMHO

(1) (Reply)

Html4 Vs Html5 The Main Difference – Naijafixer.com / Need Of Usa Bank Account Urgently / Learn VB.NET And C# Without Stress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.