Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London (50771 Views)

Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin On Apostle Suleman's Sex Scandal: "What God Told Me" / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by lalasticlala(m): 3:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
BY CHRISTY ANYANWU

Matthew Ashimolowo has an esti­mated net worth of $6 million. He is the Senior Pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre (KICC) in London. Ashimolowo earned his net worth from his annual salary as senior pastor of Kingsway International Christian Centre as well as from his media company, Matthew Ashimolowo Media. He enrolled in a Bible school after the death of his father and at age 22 converted to Christianity from Islam. His Kingsway International Christian Center is reportedly the largest Pentecostal church in the United Kingdom where he earns an annual salary of $200,000. Ashimolowo also has a program called Winning Ways aired on Premier Radio and on TV in Nige­ria, Ghana, Zimbabwe, TV Africa, the Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN) and Europe on The God Channel and Inspirational Net­work. His media company, Matthew Ashi­molowo Media which according to reports is the major source of his wealth subscribes to and teaches success in the area of pros­perity theology. He is an inspiring preacher who has lifted countless souls with his pas­sionate preaching of the gospel. On Janu­ary 3rd, the man of God and his wife Yemisi hosted the 9th annual widow’s event in his home town, Odeomu, Osun State, Nigeria. It was indeed a mammoth gathering of wid­ows from all the nooks and crannies of the state. At the venue, he talked to Sunday Sun about the state of the nation, his life as regards touching the lives of the less privi­leged, his vision for widows and lots more. Excerpts:

Can you tell us about yourself, sir?

My name is Matthew Abiodun Ashimolo­wo. I’m from here in Odeomu, Gbongan. It’s my father’s hometown, but I wasn’t born here. I was born in Zaria. I was born in the north. I grew up in the north, in the army barracks and then became a pastor 41 years ago. I was sent to England 31 years ago by the Foursquare Church, and then I started KICC almost 23 years ago. That’s me in a nutshell. I’m mar­ried. This year, my marriage will be 34 years. I have two sons and one will be 32 this month and the other will be 30 in May. Both of them got married in July and October 2014 respec­tively.

We are in the New Year. Nigerians would like to know what God is saying to us as a country. Do you have a mes­sage for Nigerians?

Very interesting. I believe that globally, there is going to be a shaking of the world. There will be earthquakes in some places. There might be famine in places they never knew famine, and flooding in places they didn’t expect. For Nigeria, the Lord showed me, who will win the election. I will not men­tion his name, because I have to be politically neutral. But when the president’s name is an­nounced, 20 percent of a certain part of the nation will not agree. Eventually, after ne­gotiation they will. We will agree that we’re one. Wales is only 400,000 people or about a million people. They call them a nation, and they call Yorubas who are 27 million a tribe, the Igbo who are 18 million you call them a tribe. For us to have many nations that make up Nigeria, it was God that made it happen. And that prophetic mandate still remains on Nigeria. Anyone who incites people to di­vide this nation will lose his chance. Nigeria will remain one. After all the noise, you will be amazed that also some politicians will be shocked, nobody will be ready to die for them. There will be peace in Nigeria after the elec­tion. I see a man who will one day rise, but I don’t know when, I don’t think it’s up to 10 years though . He will turn the fortunes of Ni­geria round. Nigeria will look like one of these advancing nations like United Arab Emirates , India, and China. That is how Nigeria will be.

You said there will be peace, what about Boko Haram insurgency?

Boko Haram is a snake with many heads. We are cutting one head, which is why the other head shows up. If you know the hydras in the story of Hercules, every time the head of that snake was cut, two heads grew there. We need a robust approach. Boko Haram will still be around but we need a robust approach. We need to deal with fifth columnists in the sys­tem who are empowering them. I am 62 years old. I was born in the barracks and I know when Nigeria fought the civil war. My father fought the war too. In fact, he died in Biafra. He died by the Asaba bridge. But I can tell you, in Nigeria, there were only five battalions when Nigeria fought the three-year civil war and yet the war came to an end. It was mas­sive. How can you fight a bunch of riff-raffs with the army and they hold you to ransom? Fifth columnists are selling Nigeria to them, giving them petrol, money and ammunition. As my mother used to say, when a child keeps throwing stones and he’s not exhausted, there is a supplier in the corner. But our prayer should be that our government will be bold enough to indict the fifth columnists, either inside the system or outside the system.

Do you think foreigners are backing Boko Haram?

The only foreign aide in my opinion to Boko Haram are weapons from Libya during the revolution. They came down south. Other than that, it will be people who believe in the advancement of the religion of Islam but do not realize that in the process they are funding the wrong people.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=99702

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by AutosBay(m): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2015
If God has truly told you who will win and you refuse mentioning the name of the winner, then I'm sure God didn't tell you anything, because if you are sure, you would be bold to say it, you are even skeptical.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Abduletudaye(m): 3:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by simplemach(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Oya speak now or remain silent

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by xpac01(m): 3:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
Eventhough the M.O.G. is not well up to date with info on where bokoharam receive their weapons , but we understand his prophecies and will still give the 20% compensation for sending their brother home from the aso rock villa come feBuhari.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by elantraceey(f): 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
I'm glad he didn't say it , it would have made me lose trust in him.

13 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by pweetixandy: 3:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!!!!

He should have just shut up and kept it to himself. Before nko,has there ever been an election where a certain region will not disagree?

*walksOut*

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Abduletudaye(m): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
pweetixandy:

He should have just shut up and kept it to himself. Before nko,has there ever been an election where a certain region will not disagree?

*walksOut*

How dare you walk out on me! Come back here this instant angry

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by dahunsy(f): 3:49pm On Jan 11, 2015
coughs****clears throat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by blackjack21(m): 3:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
Alfa Cisse.
Pastor Drogba
gringrin

Charlies

4 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by pweetixandy: 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Abduletudaye:

How dare you walk out on me! Come back here this instant angry
I'm sorry dad,I didn't hear u call

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
elantraceey:
I'm glad he didn't say it , it would have made me lose trust in him.
unlike mbaka sheh?? you didnt see the amount he is receiving as annual salary? if to say na niger he dey dey manage...they will credit his account and he will blab rubbish

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Isiterere(m): 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2015
...tell us if you're very sure....

ALL IZZ WELL

1 Like

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by CzarRex: 4:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
pastors now takin part in d share of d national cake ahead of elections eida by endorsing candidates or claiming 2 know hu will win d elections

1 Like

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by JustCurious: 4:30pm On Jan 11, 2015
#Succinct interview.

#Spirit-controlled Responses.

#WiseMan smiley

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by vosquare: 4:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Many nigerian pastors deceiving demselves thinking dey r deceiving nigerians undecided

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
pweetixandy:

*walksOut*

If he says Buhari would win...You'll attack him!
If he says GEJ would win...You'll still attack him!
Now, the man of God chose to remain neutral...and you still attack him!

What is wrong with people?

137 Likes 3 Shares

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by PerfumeRepublik: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2015
#Following
Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by kendrick9(m): 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
and i strongly believe the main sponsors of boko haram are buhari and his likes.

21 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by teemanbastos(m): 7:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
hmmmmmmmmmmm

who else if nt BUHARI..
He said juxt 20% wud want to rejekt but wud later accept(d 20% might be the south south) and dy wud accept cos they have no choice..

17 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Kx: 9:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Northernans are more than 20% of Naija's population.

Does Ashimolow imply that naija deltan"s / souther naija population in Nigeria is 20%

Sai Buhari

16 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Weah96: 9:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
Did God tell him to remain quiet after giving him the information?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by Joshkid(m): 9:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
this One wey barb Afro sef dey claim pastorgrin

2 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by plaetton: 9:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
@ slowpoke Ashi-molo-ole,
The election outcome is a 50/50 chance.

Any kindergarten child can rightly predict who the next president will be.

But then, you already know that you are addressing a bunch of ret.ard.s, so I don't blame you.

11 Likes

Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by hazyfm: 9:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmm...
Re: God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London by siraj1402(m): 9:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Yes you are right!Its Buhari.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo On Bribery: I Will Make Sure You Lose Your Job / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At 9 Years, After His First Miracle Crusade (Throwback) / Pastor Chukwudi Okoh: "Letter From Ogboni Fraternity Threatened Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.