Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs (590 Views)

Our Presidential Candidate Will Be Voted By All Party Members – PDP / Mr President, Don't Sell Our Presidential Aircrafts / Certificate Saga: Withdraw From Presidential Race, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by iukpe: 12:55am On Jan 12, 2015
Just curious but positive change brings about or is a sign of progress. This trend of having either OBJ, GEJ, OR GMB or any other big wigs only showing ambition for ruling our nation does make things boring and makes our politics stale. Only persons who have ruled before have the ambition or nerve to rule again. Why cant we just have a change?
Re: Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 12, 2015
thats y its called ...politics....its a game that the known few can play......not everyone plays d game!!!!
Re: Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by ibkgab001: 2:01am On Jan 12, 2015
The game is for the Mafia Junta... so who will bell the cat?
Re: Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by Change2015(m): 2:39am On Jan 12, 2015
Sorry to say but most Nigerians are lazy when it comes to politics. Do you attend any ward meetings? Do you visit or write letters to your elected representatives? Do you follow up on the activities of your local government? I started out as an AD member and the attendance and quality of those who dedicate their time and resources to local politics still surprises me. But if they were not there, would you be there? Pointing fingers is pointless when we don't take any interest in our civic responsibilities. There is more to democracy than just voting in elections! Get involved.

#change
Re: Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by iukpe: 1:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
@change2015, I think you have a point there. I have never been involved in politics in my ward partly because I have spent all of my lifetime living outside my home state. I recently got a bit drawn into thoughts of it when a close friend contested for reps in the last election. This must be the case for several other elite and well meaning people in our society who probably feel the game is too dirty for them. I must admit I feel that way too considering when I see the people who crowd the venues of political events. We need to change our attitude towards politics for real.
Re: Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by Change2015(m): 6:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
iukpe:
@change2015, I think you have a point there. I have never been involved in politics in my ward partly because I have spent all of my lifetime living outside my home state. I recently got a bit drawn into thoughts of it when a close friend contested for reps in the last election. This must be the case for several other elite and well meaning people in our society who probably feel the game is too dirty for them. I must admit I feel that way too considering when I see the people who crowd the venues of political events. We need to change our attitude towards politics for real.

My brother, I understand what you say, but I still go to ward meetings in lagos, indigene or not. It is where I live. We have had an igbo councillor, and there are regulars from at least 4 other states some who have held positions as youth leader, women's leader etc. If you show constructive interest, you will accepted. Of course many times they may chose to speak the local language, something I consider archaic. Wherever you live take an interest, the quality of people who dedicate their time to politics must rise. How else can we get real structural change of the polity, if people think politics is beneath them.
Re: Why Cant We Have New Breed New Faces In Our Presidential Race Even After 20 Yrs by falconey(m): 6:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
The clueless imcompetent refuse to leave....why won't the 72years old general pick form?

(1) (Reply)

So, Buhari Earns =n=300million Annually - Is This True? / Withdraw From Presidential Race, Igbo Group Tells Buhari / The Lady That Built A Company Unlike Others,dr. Stella Okoli, OON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.