Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Rulings On Holding Qur'an During Prayer - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Rulings On Holding Qur'an During Prayer (1361 Views)

Miracles Of The Qur'an: Discovery Of More Planets In The Universe By Nasa. / Eid: Etiquette And Rulings / If The Qur'an Is True, Then Islam Is False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rulings On Holding Qur'an During Prayer by meshman: 1:11am On Jan 12, 2015
Assalamu alaikum , i wake up for prayers (tahajjud) at night but i have very low memorization of the qur'an and i want to lengthen my prayers , is it okay if i hold the qur'an or are my prayers terminated.
Re: Rulings On Holding Qur'an During Prayer by lanrexlan(m): 1:09pm On Jan 12, 2015
meshman:
Assalamu alaikum , i wake up for prayers (tahajjud) at night but i have very low memorization of the qur'an and i want to lengthen my prayers , is it okay if i hold the qur'an or are my prayers terminated.
Walaikum Salam Waramatulah Wabarakatuh.

As for your question, scholars hold different opinions regarding it. However, there is nothing wrong in reading from the mus-haf in
supererogatory Prayer such as tahajjud and
tarawih Prayers.

In response to your question, the erudite Muslim scholar, Sheikh Nizam Ya`qubi, states: “This is a matter of disagreement among scholars.
The Hanafi scholars do not permit this at all. The Shafi`i scholars permit it in both obligatory and supererogatory Prayers. The Maliki scholars hold a middle view, which I see more appropriate. They allow reading from the mus-haf in supererogatory Prayers, while they do not allow it in obligatory Prayers.''
Having stated the above, you can read from the mus-haf in tahajjud Prayer, especially if this makes you recite more and helps you in memorizing more of the Qur’an.”

Source

1 Like

Re: Rulings On Holding Qur'an During Prayer by meshman: 1:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
lanrexlan:

Walaikum Salam Waramatulah Wabarakatuh.

As for your question, scholars hold different opinions regarding it. However, there is nothing wrong in reading from the mus-haf in
supererogatory Prayer such as tahajjud and
tarawih Prayers.

In response to your question, the erudite Muslim scholar, Sheikh Nizam Ya`qubi, states: “This is a matter of disagreement among scholars.
The Hanafi scholars do not permit this at all. The Shafi`i scholars permit it in both obligatory and supererogatory Prayers. The Maliki scholars hold a middle view, which I see more appropriate. They allow reading from the mus-haf in supererogatory Prayers, while they do not allow it in obligatory Prayers.''
Having stated the above, you can read from the mus-haf in tahajjud Prayer, especially if this makes you recite more and helps you in memorizing more of the Qur’an.”

www.onislam.net/english/ask-the-scholar/174585.html
thank you very much brother may Allah bless you and your family
Re: Rulings On Holding Qur'an During Prayer by lanrexlan(m): 6:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
meshman:
thank you very much brother may Allah bless you and your family
Ameen,thumma Ameen.May Allah(Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) bless you too and makes his Deen easy for you.

(1) (Reply)

Why Are We Muslims Always Oppressed / Excellence And Uniqueness / Fashola To Lagosians: Call Me On 08034301122 On Alhaji Razak Gawat’s Whereabout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.