Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo (946 Views)

Why Obama Wanted Jonathan Out Of Aso Rock In 2015 – Reno Omokri / PHOTO: Wanted Jonathan's Aide, Kingsley Kuku Endorses AD Candidate, Olusola Oke / Patience Never Wanted Jonathan In Politics – Alamieyeseigha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by Mogidi: 6:23am On Jan 12, 2015
Leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Vol­unteers Force(NDPVF), Alhaji Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, formerly known as Mel­ford Dokubo Goodhead Jr., has earned a reputation as a man who has, arguably, made some controversial pronouncements over the 2015 general elections.

In this interview, he spoke on the claim by President Goodluck Jonathan that Mr. Henry Okah attempted to kill him, his al­leged threat to overrun Yoruba and other issues.Excerpts:

What is your reaction to the recent endorsement of Gen. Muhammadu Buhari by MEND?

Our people say that birds of the same feather flock together. It is not strange that this phantom organisation is endorsing Gen. Muhammadu Buhari. I have always maintained that there is nothing like MEND. Anybody who has been reading my write-ups and interviews know my position on this. Let me make some expla­nation, regarding the coming into being of MEND.

When I was in the prison, NDPVF, the the political arm of organisation I belong to, went to Okerenkuku on the invitation of Tompolo. The IYC also went. Tom­polo’s organisation was there too. Other organisations were equally there. They went to Okerenkuku for a meeting on how to come together for our struggle. They decided that they did not want any more arrest. They resolved to use a faceless organisation. Denis Otuaro came with Kingston Poto and later Henry Okah came to me at Kuje prison.

They came to get my opinion on the need to get a name that would be used. Although members of the NDPVF resisted the new alignment, I coerced them into joining them. Okah and others wanted us to be faceless. They decided that fighters would bear phantom names. So, they came up with names, like Gen. Godswill, Tamino, Gbo­mo Jomo, Alaibe, etc. These were phantom names. They were not real. That was how the organisation, MEND, was formed. Be­fore I came out of prison, there was a break when Henry Okah became more domi­neering. He was extorting money from oil companies. Almost all the governors in the Niger Delta were paying him millions. A former of Rivers State governor was paying him N100 million monthly.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=99763
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by speakthetruth: 6:25am On Jan 12, 2015
He's d presido, alot of ppl do!
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by Mogidi: 6:27am On Jan 12, 2015
speakthetruth:
He's d presido, alot of ppl do!

Isn't it strange MEND wants GEJ dead but endorsed Buhari?
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 7:22am On Jan 12, 2015
Mogidi:

Jonathan offered amnesty and clipped the wings of the MEND faction that rejected the amnesty.
They want his blood and even if Buhari win against Jonathan is all they can get, it would be worth it
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by lilprinze: 7:33am On Jan 12, 2015
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 7:35am On Jan 12, 2015
I 2 order why quote no good, illiterate, a militant, this nIncompoop will be making headlines, it makes me puke... This con3 is just in ruins.... kai.
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 12, 2015
Mogidi:

isn't it strange that GEJ claims MEND wanted him dead as soon as they endorsed buhari? How come he never voiced out since 2010? TANoid, use ya head.

2 Likes

Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by iluvnaija: 10:56am On Jan 12, 2015
"I have no enemies to fight" - GEJ.

Now I know why we can't defeat Boko Haram.
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by TippyTop(m): 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2015
iluvnaija:
"I have no enemies to fight" - GEJ.

Now I know why we can't defeat Boko Haram.

Unlike buhari whose main reason is to avenge his enemy babangida for overthrowing him in 1985.
Re: It’s True MEND Wanted Jonathan Dead – Asari-dokubo by size38: 12:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
However, let's not forget that Asari Dokubo is still a militant and wears that toga too.

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Bomber Blows Himself Up In Gombe / Bolle Woman Pledges Support For APC. Uses Peterside To Sew Apron. (photos) / New Video:- I Believe - AMBO Feat Mi,olamide,flavour,bankyw,funke Akindele,yemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.