Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,571 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:24 AM

The New Mogadishu - Culture (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The New Mogadishu (66265 Views)

Nigerian Brothers & Sisters Welcome To Mogadishu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The New Mogadishu by litesea: 5:35am On Jul 01, 2015
ArtanK:

As long as foreigners are looting our waters, there will be resistance.
Typical criminal Somalian mentality even as refugees in other countries you are most likely to join criminal activity
Re: The New Mogadishu by litesea: 8:23am On Jul 01, 2015
ArtanK:

As long as foreigners are looting our waters, there will be resistance.
Resistance? you loot people in international waters occasionally in Yemini waters
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
litesea:

Resistance? you loot people in international waters occasionally in Yemini waters

litesea:

Typical criminal Somalian mentality even as refugees in other countries you are most likely to join criminal activity

It is a well-known fact that piracy on the Somali coasts was triggered by foreigners looting fish & natural resources, dumping dangerous toxic waste that killed many people and killing the locals who dared to retaliate for 20 years.

I don't condone illegal activity, the locals did go too far when they started hijacking ships on international waters but . Now that piracy has been stopped by the international community, foreigners have started looting Somali waters again.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by litesea: 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
ArtanK:

It is a well-known fact that piracy on the Somali coasts was triggered by foreigners looting fish & natural resources, dumping dangerous toxic waste that killed many people and killing the locals who dared to retaliate for 20 years.

I don't condone illegal activity, the locals did go too far when they started hijacking ships on international waters but . Now that piracy has been stopped by the international community, foreigners have started looting Somali waters again.
It decreased when chinese and russian navies shot good for nothing pirates
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 5:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
litesea:

It decreased when chinese and russian navies shot good for nothing pirates

No, it decreased when the EU and America started training and arming the navies of the Somali regional governments. I know of at least 2 supersized pirate prisons in north Somalia.

They're delinquents no doubt, but at least they made the real criminals think twice before they entered Somali territory.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:02pm On Jul 04, 2015

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 4:58am On Jul 30, 2015

2 Likes

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 1:54am On Aug 15, 2015
Abdul Aziz district, Mogadishu.

Wadajir (Unity) district.

Random

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 2:27am On Aug 26, 2015

2 Likes

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 07, 2015
Wow konjo!! I hope to someday go to Mogadishu and rekindle with my mother's tribe.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 8:47am On May 27, 2017

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 11:35am On May 27, 2017
I never thought Somalia looks beautiful like this, but how can I know when most of the news channels show the war part of it.

Thanks Artank and others for trying to show us your beautiful country.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 6:58pm On May 27, 2017
Hati13:
I never thought Somalia looks beautiful like this, but how can I know when most of the news channels show the war part of it.

Thanks Artank and others for trying to show us your beautiful country.

Bad publicity reaches further, also tragic news have become synonymous with Somalia so people don't
bother looking it up and I don't blame them tbh.

You're welcome wenedem. I'm going back to northern Somalia soon, please do come visit when we manage to fully secure the country.

1 Like

Re: The New Mogadishu by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 27, 2017
ArtanK:

Bad publicity reaches further, also tragic news have become synonymous with Somalia so people don't
bother looking it up and I don't blame them tbh.

You're welcome wenedem. I'm going back to northern Somalia soon, please do come visit when we manage to fully secure the country.
I will wenedem. I'm not kidding! wink

Are all the pictures you posted places that are found in northern Somalia? And, are northern Somalians and southern Somalians distinctive in appearance(even if it's slight)?
Re: The New Mogadishu by ArtanK(m): 7:50pm On May 27, 2017
Hati13:

I will wenedem. I'm not kidding! wink

Are all the pictures you posted places that are found in northern Somalia? And, are northern Somalians and southern Somalians distinctive in appearance(even if it's slight)?

I had a great time in Ethiopia and I'd love to return the favour one day smiley

All of the pictures I've posted are in Mogadishu. I'll start a photo gallery thread on the rest of the country soon.

There isn't a big difference in looks between ethnic Somalis, however in the south there is more diversity because there are Arab, Persian, Swahili and Bantu minorities there. Therefore it is more likely to run into non-somali looking Somalis in the south.

We have got a tiny Yemeni minority in the north as well, but many of them have been Somalized hence why they don't stand out as much.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Ado Bayero To Marry Ex-Girlfriend, Hajiyayye (Photo) / Osun -- State Of The Living Spring! Identify Here / Ooni Ogunwusi And His Wife Wuraola At His Palace (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.