Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,119 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna (9356 Views)

Rivers Govt, Intels, Others Raise N3bn To Fix East-west Road - See More At: Http / Post-Election: "I See Death Of 'Great' Politician In Nigeria" - TB Joshua / Group Supplies ICC With Evidence Linking Buhari To 2011 Post-election Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by ShowYourCertificate: 3:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
The federal government on Saturday said it had released N3 billion for disbursement to victims of 2011 post-election violence in Kaduna state.

The Vice President, Namadi Sambo made the disclosure at the 40th anniversary of Emir of Zazzau, Alhaji Shehu Idris, on the throne held at the Emir’s palace, Zaria, Kaduna State.

Sambo, who was represented by Gov. Muktar Yero of Kaduna State, said the money which was already in the coffers of the state government, would be disbursed to the affected victims accordingly.

He stressed the need for people to live in peace with one another to enable government at all levels to provide the dividend of democracy to the electorate.

While congratulating the Emir for attaining 40 years on the throne, Sambo attributed the success recorded by the Emirate to patience, fairness, justice and truthfulness.

In his speech, Yero advised all candidates and electorate not to see the forthcoming election as a do-or-die affair. He assured listeners that the 2015 budget in the state was meant to complete all ongoing projects, adding that no project would be abandoned in the state.

According to him, his administration would pay more attention to construction of feeder roads to facilitate easy transportation of farm produce to various markets across the state.

Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd.), former Head of State and Chairman of the occasion lauded the Emir for supporting government’s policies and programmes in addition to promoting the nation’s cultural heritage.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-releases-n3bn-to-post-election-violence-victims-in-kaduna/198849/

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by ShowYourCertificate: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
Every time I remember those innocent people who lost their lifes in the 2011 post-election violence, I develop more anger for Buhari. Buhari and his supporters are murderers. God will judge all those who participated in the killing of those corpers and other civilians in the 2011 post-election riot.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Juliaann(f): 3:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
Good one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 12, 2015
All thanks to 2015 general elections.

32 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by hazyfm1: 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
i see
Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by SaiBuharii: 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
2011 - No money
2012 - No money
2013- No money
2014 - No money
2015 (one month to booth them out) - N3B surfaces.

Irony is N2.99B will be embezzled while Jonathan is still looking for technology to fight corruption.

PDP AND PROPAGANDA SHA!!!

Mr Progressive

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Maczeelly(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
LIES

Corruption

13 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by jingh(f): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
o
Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by J0nyb0y(m): 6:49pm On Jan 12, 2015
good, I just hope the money gets to the victims

2 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by eleojo23: 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
Good. Hope no more funds will be spent on this kind of occurrence after 2015 elections. Hoping for peace.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Obiwannn: 6:50pm On Jan 12, 2015
NairalandOP:
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-releases-n3bn-to-post-election-violence-victims-in-kaduna/198849/

since 2011 way e happen Na now dem remember them??
all these Jonathan and him cheap campaign propaganda..
anyways that's none of my business....
wetin b my business be say...come Febuhari 2015..
change will come!

me way be Southerner serving in the north no go participate in the election sha o...and I hope other corpers like me do same.

our lives are worth more than paltry N3bn

19 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by aristocrazzy: 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
So they had to wait till the 2015 elections. Anyway, goodluck to him and GEJ

7 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by holicalpha(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
Once again R.I.P to the lost souls...... You that want power by fire by fire God will grant it to you but you won't last more that a week you'll choke on it.

1 Like

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Zico5(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
I
Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Djdamian(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
Medicine after death

12 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by veraiyke(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
It a very gd tin to b done. Bt c strategy. D event occurred 2011 n itz nw dat election is arnd d corner dat dey remembered dos lives. To mke dem smile n vote for pdp abi. Derz God. Bt tnk God dey ve bn remembered.

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by abbey621(m): 6:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
NairalandOP:
Every time I remember those innocent people who lost their lifes in the 2011 post-election violence, I develop more anger for Buhari. Buhari and his supporters are murderers. God will judge all those who participated in the killing of those corpers and other civilians in the 2011 post-election riot.

You are shameless. Go ahead and blame Buhari, the same way you blame all muslims for Boko Haram. Blame him for every actions of his supporters, in fact blame him for Boko haram, blame him for GEJ's failures, blame him all you want but it still won't stop the broom of change currently sweeping the nation!

45 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Seaen(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
Why now if you really have good intentions. Jona...God is watching you...Anyways better late than never.. Just hoping it won't get 'stolen'....

7 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by zubby29(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
y now? gej is such a let down

6 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by falconey(m): 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
LWKM to win votes.....money for 2011 release in 2015....hahahahaahaaha abeg my uncle na victim, don't insult me remember- ( stealing is not corruption)

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
Impeccable timing. Not gonna work though.
Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
This is a good gesture by the federal government but this gesture also raises some pertinent questions!

1- The said post election violence occurred in 2011, WHY DIDN'T THE GOVERNMENT DEEM IT FIT TO COMPENSATE THE VICTIMS EARLIER??

Many have lost lives, businesses and so many other invaluable items. Money cannot heal their wounds but justice will go a long way in making them feel better and safer.... Giving them 3bn naira without justice and making sure a re-occurrence is avoided is tantamount to being irrelevant because the same violence that affected them in 2011 can still affect them in 2015.

2- Few months ago, the government held a terrorism victim support fund raising dinner.
Over 20 BILLION naira was raised that night. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE MONEY? Why do we still have so many internally displace persons

3- How much will reach each person? HOW MANY PERSONS WERE AFFECTED AND HOW CAN THEY BE REACHED?

CONCLUSION:
If you ask me, this government isn't serious at all.
I am not saying the gesture isn't good but can't we have a transparent process for once??

I run two off the biggest studios in Lagos, Nigeria.
check it out and make sure to holla at me if you interested in working with the best there is.
https://www.nairaland.com/2033932/record-these-studios

p.s. follow me on nairaland and i follow back instanta!

4 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by kossyablaze(m): 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
I love GEJ buh he done try........change we NEED....GMB till 2019

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 12, 2015
When I think of President Jonathan and all the idiotic statements he has made in his rally, one wonders if President Jonathan concieved as a result of a quickie? Was his father's sperm infested with chlamydia and gonorrhea? Only a quickie s*ex will produce such profound cluelessness. For a President to keep mute after 2000 people were killed in your country. Only a quickie s*ex would have produced such profound dumbness for the President to preach against locking up corrupt officials.

My conclusion is that indeed, President Jonathan's parents had a quickie with a chlamydia infested sperm to produce such a pus-filled brain President.

Come Vals day Nigerians know exactly what they want. We can't continue with such profound cluelessness and incompetence!

-CramJones

11 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Juliaann:
Good one
Very bad. Shouldn't have taken this long.

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by AllBusiness(m): 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
[size=15pt]PDP should GoToCourt[/size]

[size=40pt]#GMB2022[/size]

9 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by jojoki: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
They should collect the money shapely and vote GMB for positive change.

They money ought to have given to them since b4 now our pple are wiser now.

In positive CHANGE we stand!

6 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by thaoriginator: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
I hate Goatluck Ebola Jonafuck cos he hates me too!

6 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by kokosheen(m): 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
kokosheen:
And they released the funds to the state govt. just before elections – hmmmm Okay.

The people should wait till 2019 elections for the state govt. to release it to the LGAs, if we're to follow FG antecedence.

Now, its no longer stomach infastructure, its about telling people that money is coming - just wait and vote for me, money is coming.

kai, my people don suffer.
Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by alaoeri: 6:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Why now & not 2012, GEJ weather u like it or yes, you are going back to otuoke come May 29 2015.
Sai GMB/PYO.

3 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
NairalandOP:
an some blood suckers ar supporting him.... pathetic!

4 Likes

Re: FG Releases N3bn To Post-election Violence Victims In Kaduna by AllBusiness(m): 6:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
[quote author=NairalandOP post=29726635]Every time I remember those innocent people who lost their lifes in the 2011 post-election violence, I develop more anger for Buhari. Buhari and his supporters are murderers. God will judge all those who participated in the killing of those corpers and other civilians in the 2011 post-election riot.

[size=40pt]ZOMBI[/size]

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flooding: Enugu Moves Against Building Defaulters, Street Traders, Nightclubs / Monthly Fuel Consumption Drops By 18.5million Litres After Deregulation – FG / Francis Nwifuru: PDP, APGA Guber Candidates Not Needed In My Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.