Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (95320 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by PAPIJAID(m): 3:08am On Nov 07, 2015
Msc Business Admin students who have just finished their 1st semester exam pls let's come together to chat the way forward on WhatsApp. My phone number is 08032352182. Prospective students on Msc bus admin are welcome too.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kbshow100(m): 11:12am On Nov 07, 2015
BornSad:

There are basically two semesters provided you do the right number of courses in a semester. Otherwise, you might get up to three. I'm using two, personally.

There are two semesters in a calendar year.

This implies that you need just a year for your MSc, right?

Sure! So go for it, brother!
thank you brother,, please help me on the approximate fee in each of your semester so that i will plan well, (because I want to go for Msc info tech, two semesters only just like you) thank you for your patience
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
kbshow100:

thank you brother,, please help me on the approximate fee in each of your semester so that i will plan well, (because I want to go for Msc info tech, two semesters only just like you) thank you for your patience

Hello,

Like I have explained earlier, a lot of things interplay to determine one's school fees in a semester including the number of avaialable courses, the number of electives you dropped and the ones you picked etc. .. So, we might not necessarily be paying the same amount. A good budget might be 160k for both semesters. I spent 78k in first semester and 83k in second semester but then, I didn't drop any elective.

Best of luck.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kbshow100(m): 5:21pm On Nov 07, 2015
BornSad:

Hello,

Like I have explained earlier, a lot of things interplay to determine one's school fees in a semester including the number of avaialable courses, the number of electives you dropped and the ones you picked etc. .. So, we might not necessarily be paying the same amount. A good budget might be 160k for both semesters. I spent 78k in first semester and 83k in second semester but then, I didn't drop any elective.

Best of luck.
you are the best

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Immortalz(m): 1:07pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hi Bonsad, pls i sent u a PM, kindly reply. Thanks
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by allytimko: 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hello guys, am new on nairaland and also new here.

I will like to pursue an MSc in Information Technology.

I graduated 2009 from Lautech with a 3rd Class in Computer Science and I have over 6years working experience in the IT industry.
Completed NYSC 2011.

Questions :

1. It is possible for me to proceed with MSc Info Tech without going through PDG first?

2. I tried applying earlier through the online portal for the MSc directly but was denied, how do i go about the application?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
allytimko:

Hello guys, am new on nairaland and also new here.

I will like to pursue an MSc in Information Technology.

I graduated 2009 from Lautech with a 3rd Class in Computer Science and I have over 6years working experience in the IT industry.
Completed NYSC 2011.

Questions :

1. It is possible for me to proceed with MSc Info Tech without going through PDG first?

2. I tried applying earlier through the online portal for the MSc directly but was denied, how do i go about the application?

Admission letters are system generated so if the system actually rejected your application based on pre-programmed criteria, it is most likely PGD is the only way forward. However, kindly visit the nearest study centre for more concrete information.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2015
Immortalz:

Hi Bonsad, pls i sent u a PM, kindly reply. Thanks

Ok.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by chykes5000(m): 10:40am On Nov 26, 2015
Please who can help with my masters thesis (computer Science)
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by usiholo11(m): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2015
Hello Bornsad, please i want to find out when i can apply for the masters program at noun and when does it commence officially. thanks
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bolseas(f): 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2015
I also want to know. Bornsad
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by larex007(m): 3:29pm On Dec 06, 2015
I need text books require to study MSc IT.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
usiholo11:

Hello Bornsad, please i want to find out when i can apply for the masters program at noun and when does it commence officially. thanks

You can apply now and start in January. There are two sets in a year, January and July sets. Application is therefore continuous but the set you join depends on the set you are able to meet up with.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 07, 2015
bolseas:

I also want to know. Bornsad
Answered.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by bolseas(f): 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
^^^^^
Thanks a lot!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by usiholo11(m): 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2015
Thanks Bornsad, one more thing pls, do you have an idea of d duration of academic MBA
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2015
usiholo11:

Thanks Bornsad, one more thing pls, do you have an idea of d duration of academic MBA
Hello Sir.

That's really an ambiguous question.

We have two types of masters in Business Administration: Academic (MSc Bus Admin) and Professional (MBA). So which are you refering to as academic MBA?

Whichever one, like I've been stressing it, it all depends on you. That's why it's called ODL; at your own time and pace. if you can take all your courses in just two semesters, why not? You can take as much courses as you want in a semester provided you don't exceed the credit limit for the semester.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kbshow100(m): 9:37am On Dec 19, 2015
BornSad:

Hello,

Best of luck.
good morning sir, I have applied successfully and i was admitted into Msc info tech, all this happens because of the encouragement and support i got from you and others, thank you very much, may God reward you abundantly

My registration will start in January, i want you to please help me with materials for my program so that i will start reading reading before then, i have sent you a PM, thank you very much
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2015
kbshow100:

good morning sir, I have applied successfully and i was admitted into Msc info tech, all this happens because of the encouragement and support i got from you and others, thank you very much, may God reward you abundantly

My registration will start in January, i want you to please help me with materials for my program so that i will start reading reading before then, i have sent you a PM, thank you very much

You're graciously welcome, sir.

I've responded.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ehimax(m): 12:52pm On Dec 20, 2015
Good afternoon all, compliments of the season
Please whatvis the cost of running a PGD in Bizness admin, i graduated wit a 1st degree in microbiology but currently working as a sales man and bizness development manager i plan building a caeeer in this feild. plz what are my chances gaining admission as i hold a 1st degree in a non bizness related course and wat is the cost and how flexible is learning in NOUN because my job hardly gives me time. i intend pursuing this PGD this coming year. Thanks as u promptly reply .
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ehimax:

Good afternoon all, compliments of the season
Please whatvis the cost of running a PGD in Bizness admin, i graduated wit a 1st degree in microbiology but currently working as a sales man and bizness development manager i plan building a caeeer in this feild. plz what are my chances gaining admission as i hold a 1st degree in a non bizness related course and wat is the cost and how flexible is learning in NOUN because my job hardly gives me time. i intend pursuing this PGD this coming year. Thanks as u promptly reply .

I suggest you read through previous posts to get your answers more clearly as these questions have been over flogged already.

Just a quick response hoping you'd still read through the thread, PGD is a good way to start since you are coming from a different background. The program will last for, at least , two semesters. Depending on how many exams you take in a semester, it could last for more. Yeah, it is that flexible. The total cost is very variable. It depends on how many course you are taking, their credit loads, how many electives you are dropping and how many semesters you are using for the program.

You can register now and finish next year December if you work towards it.

Good luck!
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by brytandre(m): 9:13am On Jan 02, 2016
BornSad:

Ok... cool.
Info Tech is great. Also my department.
Can someone with B.sc Mathematical Science do an M.sc in Info tech?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kaycome: 12:11pm On Jan 02, 2016
Bornsad thanks for your good works here. Really you inspire me to pursue my master in info tech. Please can you share with those of us about your experience with the programme. It will go a long way in helping those of us that will be starting the same programme soon.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 2:47am On Jan 04, 2016
brytandre:

Can someone with B.sc Mathematical Science do an M.sc in Info tech?
Sure, you can. But you've got to have at least 2,1.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 3:03am On Jan 04, 2016
kaycome:

Bornsad thanks for your good works here. Really you inspire me to pursue my master in info tech. Please can you share with those of us about your experience with the programme. It will go a long way in helping those of us that will be starting the same programme soon.

That's a broad one, bro. Would have been better if you had narrowed it down a bit, lol.

Generally, it was challenging especially for those of us actively working at the same time. There's always this "no, I can't continue" feeling that comes up once in a while but then, one should be able to get on just fine if he surrounds himself with the right set of people. Yeah, a group. That's the secret. A good group motivates you do keep trying. You know what, during my own time, my online group members( whom I had never and still have never met ) used to wake me up at night to read, I needed no alarm, lol. I didn't have to be everywhere sourcing information cause they got my back full time. Actually, there's much more to the group stuff but I'll leave it at this for now.

Did I forget to mention past questions? They do magic. Also do your TMA's cause they might be your only hope in serious situations. Try to be always informed. A lot of people are not graduating because of one mistake or the other. Never drop an elective cause it's called an elective, there are other conditions attached.

I want to say, "do not wait for exam period before active reading" but then, most of us are guilty of that, lol. Just get the secret of NOUN exams as I have shared on this thread before and you'd be amazed by your own excellence.

Ask any specifics questions and thanks for the appreciation.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by kaycome: 2:48pm On Jan 04, 2016
BornSad:

That's a broad one, bro. Would have been better if you had narrowed it down a bit, lol.

Generally, it was challenging especially for those of us actively working at the same time. There's always this "no, I can't continue" feeling that comes up once in a while but then, one should be able to get on just fine if he surrounds himself with the right set of people. Yeah, a group. That's the secret. A good group motivates you do keep trying. You know what, during my own time, my online group members( whom I had never and still have never met ) used to wake me up at night to read, I needed no alarm, lol. I didn't have to be everywhere sourcing information cause they got my back full time. Actually, there's much more to the group stuff but I'll leave it at this for now.

Did I forget to mention past questions? They do magic. Also do your TMA's cause they might be your only hope in serious situations. Try to be always informed. A lot of people are not graduating because of one mistake or the other. Never drop an elective cause it's called an elective, there are other conditions attached.

I want to say, "do not wait for exam period before active reading" but then, most of us are guilty of that, lol. Just get the secret of NOUN exams as I have shared on this thread before and you'd be amazed by your own excellence.

Ask any specifics questions and thanks for the appreciation.

Thanks so much brother. I appreciate all your input. Please am in a presently disturb. I applied online today for msc info tech but i was denied by the automated system. I have 2 seating for my 0 levels exam and B.sc.(Ed.) In Computer Science with a gpa of 3.08. I know that i am fully qualify for msc info tech. What can i do about this? Who have been in my shoe before and how were you able to reslove it? Thanks i need an urgent reply please
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 04, 2016
kaycome:

Thanks so much brother. I appreciate all your input. Please am in a presently disturb. I applied online today for msc info tech but i was denied by the automated system. I have 2 seating for my 0 levels exam and B.sc.(Ed.) In Computer Science with a gpa of 3.08. I know that i am fully qualify for msc info tech. What can i do about this? Who have been in my shoe before and how were you able to reslove it? Thanks i need an urgent reply please

Hhmmm... BSc in Computer Science? Up to 5 credits in 0 level in not more than two sittings including English and Maths? GPA above 3.5?

Bro, if you are sure of all the above, I suggest you hit the nearest study center for immediate assistance.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Jeffy78: 7:55am On Jan 05, 2016
PH study centre at Tap junction, Iriebe in Obigbo is yet to commence the registration process for January. I got admission to do an MBA. Can I get people in this department plz. am a first timer here! Thanks.Angelmikelben@gmail.com
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by udysweet(f): 3:16pm On Jan 05, 2016
Hello house(bornsad etal),happy new year! Am back here after a long time. I went to commence with my application online today but was denied! I have an HND(lower credit) in mass comm and applied to "journalism" which seems the closest and yet was denied. I was told I can try another course. See the emails reply I got below :
Hello T... R... U....

Sorry!! You did not meet the Admission Requirements for PGD. Journalism, thus online admission is denied!

However, you may consider changing to another course

The information submitted through this form is priviledge, confidential, and protected from disclosure.
This information is intended only for the use of the University. The University totally disclaims, and will not accept, any responsibility or liability for
the unauthorized use, or the consequences of any unauthorized use, of this information.

For any enquiry send a mail to admission@noun.edu.ng or call 01-4543749 (8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)

Best Regards,
Management
========================================
National Open University of Nigeria...
Please o,what other course can I now register for? Is it possible to just switch in between any course(s)?
I await your reply,God bless
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Profandie(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2016
Good afternoon,I am Andrew by name and I have been following this university(noun) and eve this thread. I have a B.Sc in Edu/Acc and I intend pursuing my PGD in Fin Mgt and then going for M.Sc in Bus admin.i know I can do PGD In bus admin but i would lyk to "diversify" a little.Pls and pls is it possible? And i want 2 use d Msc in bus admin to lecture. Expecting your advice BornSad and other "seniors" in the house.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (32) (Reply)

Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student / Adisadel College In Ghana That Got Me Shocked / 2019/2020 PTDF Local & Overseas Scholarship- Check If You Have Been Shortlisted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.