Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,177 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN (95074 Views)

Postgraduate Students Sponsored By NDDC Protest Against Injustice (pics, Video) / Profile Of The New VC Of NOUN – Prof Abdalla Uba Adamu / Discover The New Method Of Payment Of NOUN School Fees with RRR code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 12, 2015
A couple of threads which serve to enlighten the public about the National Open University of Nigeria was created in the recent past. These threads went a long way to achieve the end goal. In the course of this, a lot of people, most of whom were prospective undergraduate students of the university, had the opportunity to ask their questions and got their answers.

However, considering the fact that the threads were undergraduate oriented, the few prospective or new Msc students could not get adequate answers to their questions. This, coupled with the need for the MSc students to know and probably get acquainted with one another, has led to the creation of this thread.

This thread, therefore, serves as a platform where new/prospect MSc students of the school could come and help one another in any way possible, and also serves as an avenue for those within the same area or field of study to get acquainted with one another.

Please, drop your questions, answers, suggestions, advices, or what have you!

Mods can help too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Beesluv: 10:22pm On Jan 12, 2015
How can one apply for MSC in NOUN
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by since2005(f): 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
1. Please I want to apply for direct entry what my chances?

2. can you give the available courses for Elect/Elect ND holder?

3. And when will admission start? (DE)
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Beesluv:

How can one apply for MSC in NOUN

Very simple but first thing first.

Simply walk into the nearest Zenith Bank and tell them you want to pay for NOUN MSc form (N7500). A paper will be given to you which contains your PIN for online application and the steps for this. Log onto their site and access your application form using the PIN given. Fill the form either immediately or come back later to complete it if you don't have the necessary information needed ready. After eventually filling the form completely, print a copy out and then click on "submit" and print out your provisional admission letter. On this later, you'd see the necessary documents for screening. Go along with this form, the application form and the required documents to your study centre of choice for screening. After a successful screening, proceed to register and collect your course materials. That's all.

Please, be sure you're qualified before applying for a particular course to avoid waste of money cause the provisional letter won't be available for unqualified people.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
since2005:

1. Please I want to apply for direct entry what my chances?

2. can you give the available courses for Elect/Elect ND holder?

3. And when will admission start? (DE)

Sorry, bro.

This thread is for postgraduate students only. However, I suggest you refer to the other threads created for such questions. I'm sure you will find your answers there.

Thanks for understanding.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by since2005(f): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
BornSad:

Sorry, bro.

This thread is for postgraduate students only. However, I suggest you refer to the other threads created for such questions. I'm sure you will find your answers there.

Thanks for understanding.

can you give me d link to the thread?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by charispersnifid: 11:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
tgif this thread. noun MSC forms on sale between when and when, plus, is international relations one of the courses, plus, what is their website
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 13, 2015
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Beesluv: 5:35am On Jan 13, 2015
BornSad:

Very simple but first thing first.

Simply walk into the nearest Zenith Bank and tell them you want to pay for NOUN MSc form (N7500). A paper will be given to you which contains your PIN for online application and the steps for this. Log onto their site and access your application form using the PIN given. Fill the form either immediately or come back later to complete it if you don't have the necessary information needed ready. After eventually filling the form completely, print a copy out and then click on "submit" and print out your provisional admission letter. On this later, you'd see the necessary documents for screening. Go along with this form, the application form and the required documents to your study centre of choice for screening. After a successful screening, proceed to register and collect your course materials. That's all.

Please, be sure you're qualified before applying for a particular course to avoid waste of money cause the provisional letter won't be available for unqualified people.
Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:57am On Jan 13, 2015
charispersnifid:

tgif this thread. noun MSC forms on sale between when and when, plus, is international relations one of the courses, plus, what is their website

The form is on sale. Some successful students have even started. Note that though the application form is always on sale, admission exercise is done twice a year and is currently being done.

To know the MSc courses available, see their PG School link here:

http://www.nou.edu.ng/pg_s/Admission.htm

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:58am On Jan 13, 2015
Beesluv:

Thanks alot

You're welcome.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by charispersnifid: 12:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
BornSad:

The form is on sale. Some successful students have even started. Note that though the application form is always on sale, admission exercise is done once a year and is currently being done.

To know the MSc courses available, see their PG School link here:

http://www.nou.edu.ng/pg_s/Admission.htm
thank u. #iwishuwerebornhappytho#

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
charispersnifid:

thank u. #iwishuwerebornhappytho#

Thanks. I wish so too! smiley
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
pls someone should kindly help provide the answer to the following questions
1. how many month does a semester last
2. can someone give me an estimate of what it will cost me to do PGD in business admin. tnx
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by strongboi(m): 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thank you for creating this thread. God bless you.
Pls I want to know when the registration for Msc will close this year. What aare the requirements for Msc Business Admin- any website/link to get the details.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ishilove: 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2015
Please house, what's the difference between Msc Public Admin and Masters of Public Admin (MPA)?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2015
strongboi:

Thanksgiving you for creating this thread. God bless you.
Pls I want to know when the registration for Msc will close this year. What aare the requirements for Msc Business Admin- any website/link to get the details.

Though application is year round, it's better you register now cause regardless of when you register, you'd still write the exam along with others. noun.edu.ng
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jan 24, 2015
Pinopinoguy:

pls someone should kindly help provide the answer to the following questions
1. how many month does a semester last
2. can someone give me an estimate of what it will cost me to do PGD in business admin. tnx

The semesters are just like we have it in conventional universities.

As for the amount, it depends on a variety of factors. There's a minimum payment of 41k per semester along with course registration fees (which depends on the course's credit load) and exam fees. So it depends on your department, number of courses and their credit loads.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jan 24, 2015
Ishilove:

Please house, what's the difference between Msc Public Admin and Masters of Public Admin (MPA)?

In some courses, we have two types of masters. One is called academic masters while the other is called professional masters.

Academic masters presents you with advanced topics in your field and the choice of narrowing it down to some specific areas thus giving you the opportunity to understand and contribute your own quota in those areas, promote the field more and make use of what you've learned at your place of work.

Professional masters is more job oriented. It perches on the day to day practices of the field in question with respect to actual work environment. It's more accommodating to people from other departments since it's more like a training for the job than an academic research in the field in question. It's usually more expensive though.

The one you choose is amatter of choice.

Here are some examples:

MSc Comp Sci (Academic)/ MIT (professional)
MA Bus Admin (Academic)/MBA (professional)
Etc.

Hope this helped.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Ishilove: 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2015
BornSad:

In some courses, we have two types of masters. One is called academic masters while the other is called professional masters.

Academic masters presents you with advanced topics in your field and the choice of narrowing it down to some specific areas thus giving you the opportunity to understand and contribute your own quota in those areas, promote the field more and make use of what you've learned at your place of work.

Professional masters is more job oriented. It perches on the day to day practices of the field in question with respect to actual work environment. It's more accommodating to people from other departments since it's more like a training for the job than an academic research in the field in question. It's usually more expensive though.

The one you choose is amatter of choice.

Here are some examples:

MSc Comp Sci (Academic)/ MIT (professional)
MA Bus Admin (Academic)/MBA (professional)
Etc.

Hope this helped.
Thanks a lot. It did smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 24, 2015
BornSad:

Thanks. I wish so too! smiley
Errrrm what iš the minimum Cgpa one needs to have before being admitted into NOUN and how well recognized iš the school and its certificate in the labour market?
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jan 24, 2015
BornSad
Please, I need clarification on these

1. Can one proceeds with admissions processes with copy of my credentials as I am currently far away from where all physical copies of my credentials are, though will get it before April ending?

2. Can one choose online based lectures?

3. Can one access his/her online examination anywhere?

Thanks for anticipated response.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 9:02am On Jan 25, 2015
thegreatman4ww:

BornSad
Please, I need clarification on these

1. Can one proceeds with admissions processes with copy of my credentials as I am currently far away from where all physical copies of my credentials are, though will get it before April ending?

2. Can one choose online based lectures?

3. Can one access his/her online examination anywhere?

Thanks for anticipated response.

You see, you can apply online and get your provisional admission letter but at the point of clearance, you'd have to present your original copies.

The school do not have lectures in the real sense of it. They only have non compulsory facilitation classes and study groups. However, your course materials are all online, assignments are online too and can be accessed from anywhere.

Only first and second year students do online exams. The rest do pen-on-paper exams for now.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 9:23am On Jan 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Errrrm what iš the minimum Cgpa one needs to have before being admitted into NOUN and how well recognized iš the school and its certificate in the labour market?

Minimum of 2,2.

Yeah, it recognised. I, for one, work in a corporate organisation. In my firm, presenting your MSc cert from any school simply gives you the chance to be measured alongside other people with MSc but your recognition depends on how you prove yourself afterwards.

For you to pass in NOUN, you must read cause the school has no means of exam malpractice or paper sorting. I believe if you eventually do well, you'd be able to represent well out there.

Having said that, I'd also like to pre-inform you that you'd meet a lot of people who would tell you the cert is not recognised. This category of people are skeptical cause it's not what we are used to and we're always allergic to change. Check out, such people are not in managerial positions. The school is trying to run things the western way and has become the choice for busy workers. It is presently the 15th best in Nigeria which rates it better than some conventional universities like UNICAL, FUTO etc.

It's all about determination and focus.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 11:57am On Jan 25, 2015
BornSad:

You see, you can apply online and get your provisional admission letter but at the point of clearance, you'd have to present your original copies.

The school do not have lectures in the real sense of it. They only have non compulsory facilitation classes and study groups. However, your course materials are all online, assignments are online too and can be accessed from anywhere.

Only first and second year students do online exams. The rest do pen-on-paper exams for now.
Thanks you.
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 25, 2015
thegreatman4ww:

Thanks you.

Anytime

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by vayne(m): 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2015
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by prettyblaqy(f): 9:37pm On Jan 26, 2015
This thread is right here on time, i thank the you so much for creating this group.
I applied for ME.d Edu admin & planning, where i was supposed to write d name my 1st degree cert carried i wrote my other name which i always abbreviate cos i saw other names on that colum, where i was supposed to write my username i wrote the name i had in mind writting before, when i was done with filling the form & submitted i printed it out & saw it was bearing CHUKWU UZOCHUKWU INSTEAD OF CHUKWU GERALDINE U as it should have been, i was directed to someone to change it by d guy in d business centre just outside the ph study centre iriebe, was told its 5k after much talk he inisted i paid only for me to have been given another printout bearing my name in d manner i wanted it. I went for screening & got my matric no, i have to confirm it & still found out d eportal still bears that chukwu uzochukwu instead of the one that it was changed to bear. It really weigh me down cos i feel i have spent d cash on notting, but i was told by d guy who did the ninga wll reflect but i will have to write officially to school who will send os ge it over there. I tot that was why i paid. Wen i went to pay school fees i was asked to pay in the same name in my e portal to avoid bank wahala. I dont know what else to do nor how to do'
2. I applied for ME.d eduactional administration & planning ( ph centre if i have any of my coursemate here pls don't hesitate to contact me
3. Just paid some cash what exactly is the compulsory fee 40k or what?
4 when registering the courses wiill i stillpay to collect the couse materials & where?
What exactly is my fee cos i have abt 3 of the 3unit course with d exams which is
3000 * 3 =9k
2500 *4=10k
+2k each for exam which is 14k every thing summed up to 33k plus the compulsory fee of 40k making a total of 73k, plus do i still thing else?
Anticiapating ur honest & urgent response

1 Like

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
prettyblaqy:

This thread is right here on time, i thank the you so much for creating this group.
I applied for ME.d Edu admin & planning, where i was supposed to write d name my 1st degree cert carried i wrote my other name which i always abbreviate cos i saw other names on that colum, where i was supposed to write my username i wrote the name i had in mind writting before, when i was done with filling the form & submitted i printed it out & saw it was bearing CHUKWU UZOCHUKWU INSTEAD OF CHUKWU GERALDINE U as it should have been, i was directed to someone to change it by d guy in d business centre just outside the ph study centre iriebe, was told its 5k after much talk he inisted i paid only for me to have been given another printout bearing my name in d manner i wanted it. I went for screening & got my matric no, i have to confirm it & still found out d eportal still bears that chukwu uzochukwu instead of the one that it was changed to bear. It really weigh me down cos i feel i have spent d cash on notting, but i was told by d guy who did the ninga wll reflect but i will have to write officially to school who will send os ge it over there. I tot that was why i paid. Wen i went to pay school fees i was asked to pay in the same name in my e portal to avoid bank wahala. I dont know what else to do nor how to do'
2. I applied for ME.d eduactional administration & planning ( ph centre if i have any of my coursemate here pls don't hesitate to contact me
3. Just paid some cash what exactly is the compulsory fee 40k or what?
4 when registering the courses wiill i stillpay to collect the couse materials & where?
What exactly is my fee cos i have abt 3 of the 3unit course with d exams which is
3000 * 3 =9k
2500 *4=10k
+2k each for exam which is 14k every thing summed up to 33k plus the compulsory fee of 40k making a total of 73k, plus do i still thing else?
Anticiapating ur honest & urgent response

Good day, dear.

You might have made an error by inputting the wrong name but the actual mistake is relying on a guy that runs a business centre to rectify it for you. Those boys you see around most study centres are only there to do their businesses. They can help with photocopying, typing and other things done in a business centre but surely not in rectifying such issues.

What you will do, which is what you should have done, is to contact a staff in your school of choice. Though I already know what his response will likely be, it'll be much better hearing from the horse's mouth. And do this before proceeding with the registration to avoid waste.

The compulsory pay is 41k (please, verify at your study centre). The actual amount paid is dependent on how many courses you are taking and their credit loads. Your calculation above uses the right formula. Once you're sure of your figures, no extra charges are incurred.

Good luck, dear.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by gabialonso(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2015
@BornSad please do you know the actual tuition for Msc HRM? Pls ur urgent response wud be appreciated
Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 27, 2015
gabialonso:
@BornSad please do you know the actual tuition for Msc HRM? Pls ur urgent response wud be appreciated

All students have a basic compulsory pay of 41k however, the overall fee paid at the end includes the registration and examination fee per course. So your net pay depends on the number of courses you're taking and their credit loads. Read the posts above to see how it is calculated. I also suggest you visit the nearest study centre for further clarification.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For All Prospective\New Postgraduate. Students Of NOUN by gabialonso(m): 9:43am On Jan 30, 2015
@BornSad when are we suppose to pay up our fees to be eligible for exams?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Unilag 2012/2013 Post UTME/Admissions (Part II) / Best Polytechnic In Nigeria / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.