Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Pre-independence Yoruba Women - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pre-independence Yoruba Women (75036 Views)

The Beauty Of Yoruba Women / Beauty Of Yoruba Women ! (pictures) / Naija Girls Before And After Independence (photo). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by isan(m): 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2015
D gud olding days grin

I wish I was alive then
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ElekeNtioba: 8:41pm On Mar 24, 2015
isan:
D gud olding days grin

I wish I was alive then

pls tell me u ar not a ghost. Pls...b4 i deactivate my acct. shocked shocked
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by isan(m): 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

pls tell me u ar not a ghost. Pls...b4 i deactivate my acct.
I'm a ghost grin
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by eyinjuege: 8:50pm On Mar 24, 2015
tiredface:
TODAY'S YORUBA WOMEN ARE MUCH MORE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE OF MIX BLOOD WITH OTHER TRIBES.

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.... "Itumo"- meaning the perception of beauty is SUBJECTIVE.

Beauty in things exists merely in the mind which contemplates them....... David Humes

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by taharqa: 8:52pm On Mar 24, 2015
This is just so beautiful....

Thnks OP

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by SirShymexx: 8:59pm On Mar 24, 2015
Dollyparton1,

Come in here with ya badonkadonk. I wanna celebrate my beautiful Yoruba mum on here.

And since she's half-egba like you - you're hereby chosen to come twerk fi mi. tongue
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Setaje(f): 9:27pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

Anytime I travel to Ekiti, I enjoy my stay. I love that state die........before Fayose.

Are u from ekiti smiley
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by daveP(m): 9:31pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:
[img]http://goldmyne.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/1394399_636805983038348_923638314_n.jpg[/img]
This very pix is in Senior English Project 2 or 3. Herbert Ogunde. Yoruba women!!! smiley

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ElekeNtioba: 9:32pm On Mar 24, 2015
ChristyG:
we all know ibo women dont bleach,they are saints compared to others,yet on nairaland frontpage,we keep seeing news of ur so called ibo women cheating on their husbands,killing their partners(2 of those are on the frontpage),not to to talk of the thousands of ibo girls doing ashawo work all over the country and producing children in baby factories and ur id1otic self wants us to believe ur rubbish story.ibos will forever be envious of yoruba people,useless people.

i know how painful it sounds bt when you consider that majority of yoruba women married to Igbo men was during the independence era u will understand where am coming from. Sake of time, i could have given you a good list. I'm just being realistic.

Lool...if Igbo girls are as bad as u make them sound why are they the most desirable ladies in Nigeria. I can no longer count hw many girls from my community ALONE are wedded to yoruba and edo men. Yoruba women dont stand a chance where Igbos ladies are presently and its a fact.

I'm a big admirer of yoruba ladies....i see them as being more courageous and assertive than their men. So when I see the tins I love abt yoruba being eroded its only fair I speak up.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by daveP(m): 9:48pm On Mar 24, 2015
Ilekeh:

Anytime I travel to Ekiti, I enjoy my stay. I love that state die........before Fayose.
smiley
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by noahklub: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2015
Do you know that the bible is about Africa, and written by Africans? Do you know that king Solomon was a black man?
'5. I am black, but comely, ….. . 6. Look not upon me because I am black, because the sun hath looked upon me: …..'.
- Songs of Solomon 1:5-6

for more details, see www.noahklub., www.facebook.com/noahklub.com, www.twitter.com/nuaclub

Do you know why you are poor? Do you know that there is nothing called money? Do you know that the concept of money is a charade and a fraud?
for more details, see www.noahklub., www.facebook.com/noahklub.com, www.twitter.com/nuaclub
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by tolababa(m): 10:00pm On Mar 24, 2015
My Great grand mother in 1944....proudly Baiyegun of Ikare Land

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Adeyinka12(m): 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
Awon awelewa
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by xtervaganza(m): 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
pazienza:

I opened the thread cause I was expecting such post, and I wasn't disappointed.

You brought in an ant infested firewood and you wonder why the lizard came to pay you a visit?

Next time you open a Yoruba thread, stick with your Yoruba chest beating and leave Ndiigbo out of it, if you don't want your thread derailed and end up in tribalism section.
Yoruba chest beating?

This loser says hi to you from hell

Shekau lookalike

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Adeyinka12(m): 10:15pm On Mar 24, 2015
Awon oreke awelewa
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by xtervaganza(m): 10:30pm On Mar 24, 2015
christopher123:
they said that yoruba women are beautiful...? hmmm ok let me believe
only people with beauty in their life can see beauty in others

I believe you didn't see any beauty jare
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by xtervaganza(m): 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2015
ElekeNtioba:
When yoruba women were beauty personified and well-groomed. Now all they do is bleach to compete with Igbo ladies, stab nd cheat on their partners.

Traditional values gone pftt!

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by xtervaganza(m): 10:37pm On Mar 24, 2015
isan:
D gud olding days grin

I wish I was alive then
then you would have failed English and become a farmer grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 25, 2015
Chubhie:
strong cheekbones, A petite nose, less prominent
forehead, finer eyebrows and a strong immune system. Above all, keeping it real and natural keeps my blood hot any day any time. My allegiance and loyalty to the african woman is top notch.
I wonder if she is a time traveller... Beautiful. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by ijiini(m): 1:53am On Mar 25, 2015
...wow...c.natural beauty
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by DollyParton1(f): 5:21am On Mar 25, 2015
Chubhie:
strong cheekbones, A petite nose, less prominent
forehead, finer eyebrows and a strong immune system. Above all, keeping it real and natural keeps my blood hot any day any time. My allegiance and loyalty to the african woman is top notch.
She is indeed beautiful. I stared at her picture for like a minute. Her facial features are so on point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by DollyParton1(f): 5:23am On Mar 25, 2015
SirShymexx:
Dollyparton1,

Come in here with ya badonkadonk. I wanna celebrate my beautiful Yoruba mum on here.

And since she's half-egba like you - you're hereby chosen to come twerk fi mi. tongue

Lol..... errrrm still mixing ur smoking with nicotine patch? tongue tongue
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by femi4: 5:29am On Mar 25, 2015
Ilekeh:

Ileke Idi....Omo won le Ekiti

Omo owa omo ekun

Omo oro ninu waya agbele sebi eko, aidamo ro o yangba

Omo otiriki ju Ida, ki leri ogun hun won lule owa

Udile Ekiti Omo aji mogun sano omo opababa lesi lodo ose oko.

Edumare bawa da Ule Ekiti si
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by eleko1: 6:05am On Mar 25, 2015
kiss tongue wink cool Nor bi lie
VickyRotex:
Awwww... The days of natural beauty kiss kiss

Oleku is back again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Nobody: 6:53am On Mar 25, 2015
ElekeNtioba:

i know how painful it sounds bt when you consider that majority of yoruba women married to Igbo men was during the independence era u will understand where am coming from. Sake of time, i could have given you a good list. I'm just being realistic.

Lool...if Igbo girls are as bad as u make them sound why are they the most desirable ladies in Nigeria. I can no longer count hw many girls from my community ALONE are wedded to yoruba and edo men. Yoruba women dont stand a chance where Igbos ladies are presently and its a fact.

I'm a big admirer of yoruba ladies....i see them as being more courageous and assertive than their men. So when I see the tins I love abt yoruba being eroded its only fair I speak up.

Your above statements are mere fantasy. What makes an Igbo girl "more desirable" for marriage compared to a Yoruba girl? I await your answer. In the meantime, when I see an Igbo woman, I see a woman for sale with price tag called bride price, I see a woman who will unbundle inherited liabilities in family responsibilities from both close and distant relations on her husband -just don't let them know how rich you're, otherwise you have the tuition fees of her whole villagers to pay. She's simply a hole in your pocket whether you're rich or poor. Tell me, what makes such a woman desirable?

5 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by isan(m): 7:11am On Mar 25, 2015
xtervaganza:
then you would have failed English and become a farmer grin grin grin grin grin grin
farmer are very rich in dos days grin

2 Likes

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by kingston277(m): 7:23am On Mar 25, 2015
rabzy:

You could have been dead from small pox, chicken pox, cholera before you could say maami. Or worse u could have been an abiku cursed to die reborn and die for the nth time. grin
Yep. The invasion brought on a lot of diseases.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by kingston277(m): 7:27am On Mar 25, 2015
kayalla:
this was when life had a meaning.
if only technology didnt come,
if only oyibo man didnt open our eyes and brain,

To fundamentalism and armed robberies.
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by Chubhie: 7:33am On Mar 25, 2015
DollyParton1:

She is indeed beautiful. I stared at her picture for like a minute. Her facial features are so on point.
I stared at it like a work of art then teleported back to the spirit of the times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 8:06am On Mar 25, 2015
xtervaganza:
only people with beauty in their life can see beauty in others

I believe you didn't see any beauty jare

my dear your putting words in my mouth..i never said they aint or are beautiful. I am just a keen observer...but why do we have less MBGN from there?
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by christopher123(m): 8:18am On Mar 25, 2015
naijamark:

Your above statements are mere fantasy. What makes an Igbo girl "more desirable" for marriage compared to a Yoruba girl? I await your answer. In the meantime, when I see an Igbo woman, I see a woman for sale with price tag called bride price, I see a woman who will unbundle inherited liabilities in family responsibilities from both close and distant relations on her husband -just don't let them know how rich you're, otherwise you have the tuition fees of her whole villagers to pay. She's simply a hole in your pocket whether you're rich or poor. Tell me, what makes such a woman desirable?

b ut good and quality things dont come cheap...we all know that the most desirable ladies are igbo intellectually and physically they are on point...but i still love my yoruba women ..they have backside, that alone is a credit..thats all
Re: Pre-independence Yoruba Women by SirShymexx: 9:19am On Mar 25, 2015
DollyParton1:

Lol..... errrrm still mixing ur smoking with nicotine patch? tongue tongue

Lol. Stop frontin'.

I don't smoke anymore - wanna start making Yoruba babies soon lol. So they gatts be nicotine free.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

King Jaja Of Opobo And Wives In The 1870s [ Location: Rivers State ] / I Am Not Igbo, I Am Ikwerre! / Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.