Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably (17915 Views)

WONDERFUL!!! How To Get A Pay Raise During A Recession / JUMIA Nigeria Sacks 250 Staff, Others Get Pay Cut. / Vacancy For A Pay Roll Administrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by asha01: 9:30am On Jan 13, 2015
DeanOlamide:
collect the letter and let us know the content.... why is he so desperate about ur former salary structure? hmmmmmmmmmm its well just calm down.

they are fighting for superiority (who is doing better than d other) unfortunately your guy is the grass that is suffering now.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by kevoh(m): 9:30am On Jan 13, 2015
Jobs are scarce, yet some people are toying with the one they have by falsifying payslips and whatnot. Not smart at all. Good thing your present boss is not that strict, a sack would have done the deal.
You better take the paycut, I don't need to remind you of how things are getting harder by the day.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2015
I just called d guy now and he said he has not received d letter yet, but the Admin. Manager told him not to panic dat d content of d letter won't be bad. Dat he shouldn't be too bothered. Will kip updating u guys.
Thanks all for ur meaningful contributions.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 9:36am On Jan 13, 2015
Meanwhile i forgot to add dat our boss is a Non practicing lawyer dat cud hav taken d matter more serious. But dats not d case, cud he be upto something else?
Oga Seun, whats ur tek on dis situation?
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by ogaprime(m): 9:43am On Jan 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
Blackchampion

Bros, do it de Nigerian way, go down on your knees and beg your oga and tell him the truth if not, he won't trust you again. Remember, first impression last longer and you don spoil am already.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 9:46am On Jan 13, 2015
ogaprime:

Bros, do it de Nigerian way, go down on your knees and beg your oga and tell him the truth if not, he won't trust you again. Remember, first impression last longer and you don spoil am already.
Bros u funny gan. Kneel down beg? No be small something ooo
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by sunnshyn(f): 9:52am On Jan 13, 2015
Tough situation. However, whatever you do, accept the pay-cut, see it as your punishment for lying and a stepping stone to your bright future..

Reality is, this is an industry you've always wanted to work with/in. So monetary compensation I think for you should be secondary, get the experience first.

Don't worry about your integrity and stuffs like that for now, you'll have to work twice as hard now to earn their trust.. And from time to time, where the need or opportunity arises, you apologise to your boss about what you did(pay slip falsification).. And work harder than any other person, be very honest.

In the not so far future, you may be able to re-negotiate your pay because you would have earned it by then. And even if the opportunity doesn't show up for you to re-negotiate, be on the look out for better opportunities, now, you'll be armed with some manufacturing experience and be asking for the kind of pay you truly deserve..

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by sunnshyn(f): 9:56am On Jan 13, 2015
ogaprime:

Go down on his knees to beg? A professional? Never! He lied, yes! All he needs to do is earn his boss trust again by being very honest and hard working in the future.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by sunnshyn(f): 10:11am On Jan 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
Meanwhile i forgot to add dat our boss is a Non practicing lawyer dat cud hav taken d matter more serious. But dats not d case, cud he be upto something else?

When you say "our boss" who are you referring to?

Anyways, your non-practising lawyer definitely sees potentials in you/your friend. I'm sure he's only trying to maximise this opportunity.

He's a smart boss albeit cunny.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Edusouls(m): 10:14am On Jan 13, 2015
ur lies and so much sense playing just caught up with you, u tied up ur self with rope, they say basket will always trap a cunning man, that's what happened to you, that letter maybe diplomatic sack letter be warned...
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 10:20am On Jan 13, 2015
sunnshyn:

When you say "our boss" who are you referring to?

Anyways, your non-practising lawyer definitely sees potentials in you/your friend. I'm sure he's only trying to maximise this opportunity.

He's a smart boss albeit cunny.
We both work in d same company as Production/Quality Control Engineers. D victim is my 2nd
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 10:26am On Jan 13, 2015
holatin:
why do you Ve to falsify a payslip because you want high pay
You must be a jonathanian or taniod

but wait ! you are !
your signature says it all.

Honest is virtue
be honest
say no to corruption
buhari4president
Stop abusing boy, grow up! BTW, am not d victim. So u should stop hating on GEJ.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by tartar9(m): 10:30am On Jan 13, 2015
so you told him you were paid 90,000 naira and resigned for his 70,000 naira.anyway he didnt expect you to tell him the original amount you were being paid and i dont see that as any criteria to determine how much you should be paid hez using all this as an excuse he just doesnt want to pay you fully.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by sogah: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2015
My advice!

Quit the job before you are sacked as this record will affect any background check on u for future employment.

Next time, call a spade a spade!

All the best.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by 100Cents: 10:44am On Jan 13, 2015
What are you lieing up.and down like a woman ?

If I am the one, I will sack you.

In business, liars are very dangerous and treacherous..
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2015
100Cents:
What are you lieing up.and down like a woman ?

If I am the one, I will sack you.

In business, liars are very dangerous and treacherous..
Gud. At least u re not d boss here

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by holatin(m): 10:46am On Jan 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
Stop abusing boy, grow up! BTW, am not d victim. So u should stop hating on GEJ.
point where I abused there kid.
stop embracing stagnancy
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by 100Cents: 10:46am On Jan 13, 2015
Big4wig:
Nigerian musicians are gradually ruining me. Now when I hear a pastor say "First of all.." My mind completes it with "go down low"

Eyah, sorry about that.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by 100Cents: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
Gud. At least u re not d boss here

Next time, be a good boy.

You should have waited for one more month for confirmation with the former employer before leaving. You would have saved yourself all the disgrace..
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Aura2(f): 10:55am On Jan 13, 2015
[quote author=Blackchampion post=29744893][/quote]

Rule number one, don't you ever leave a job for another where the actors have mutual interest, rather move to the side of competitors.
A defection from PDP to APC, can attract a judicial tussle, but a defection from APGA to PDP is a migration, on this; you must learn from Nigerian politicians, gudluck!!

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by ogaprime(m): 10:57am On Jan 13, 2015
sunnshyn:

Go down on his knees to beg? A professional? Never! He lied, yes! All he needs to do is earn his boss trust again by being very honest and hard working in the future.

Aunty, I get your point, its in america you can put "a professional" into use. He lied, he did a criminal act, he should just go and meet his boss privately behind close doors and beg him. Do you know if de boss is waiting for his letter of apology and physical begging and a promise never to do such again. "Na all lizard get dir stomach for ground, we no know which one him stomach de pain oo"
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by kingston247: 11:06am On Jan 13, 2015
[quote author=Blackchampion post=29744893][/quote]

I understand Ur situation very clear..been there Don there...
My candid advice is don't quite Ur present job... Accept d pay cut but start looking for another job..when dat pull tru then u can leave....
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by kccarew(f): 11:09am On Jan 13, 2015
Well since you have messed up, unknowingly, that means you are not a bad person as your mistakes shows. My advise would be;like you said you only changed job because you wanted to be in your field of study, basically not because of pay,"while that is also important" and since you are sure its going to be a pay cut, my advise is you take it with humility resume and be humble at all time, you have to prove yoursellf otherwise from the picture of what the organization has already painted you, you have to prove to them you are not bad, it was only just a confussion from your own part which lead to your mistake, because if you dont, believe me it might follow you all through even to another organization, think about this!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by ogaprime(m): 11:12am On Jan 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
Bros u funny gan. Kneel down beg? No be small something ooo

E funny, oya give your job make I replace you...some aint lucky as you are and physically saying am sorry to your boss dey hard. Letter of apology na for management, saying am sorry physically to your boss is for your boss so also to show that you are remorseful. all the best

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by ArabianPrince: 11:29am On Jan 13, 2015
Instead of people to condemn forgery which is a criminal act, they are here sympa or empathizing with the OP. You should count yourself lucky that the matter was not escalated. If I were your boss...not only will I sack you...I will prosecute you and make you refund all excess payment. A staff who can forge pay slip will ultimately forge any document. I will consider your person as high risk individual. Your boss is at risk.

If you are the type that faces reality...You had better quit the job before you are shoved off in a despicable way.

Am not condemning you...but highlighting where you went wrong and the consequences that may follow. Next time...Say No To Forgery.
Start seeking for another Job.

Please am not to be quoted. cool
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by otokx(m): 11:38am On Jan 13, 2015
HE smiled each time "formal" appeared instead of "former"
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by maryhaam(f): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2015
Evryfyn will be fyn,buh don't forge things again for future sake.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by carpenter(m): 11:59am On Jan 13, 2015
olawale2014:
FIRST IMPRESSION MATTERS A LOT. Your first impression to your new boss was to display your lack of integrity. To tell you the truth, dismissing you is the best option for the MD. Lack of integrity is a red flag for any organisation and such a person is a black sheep within an organisation. I will be very surprised if the MD does not dismiss you. But if he does not dismiss you, be rest assured that you are in for perilous times within the organisation as you will spend a long time trying to get the trust of the MD. For people like that, first impression matters a lot, you may never be able to get his trust. He will be constantly watching your back and making references to the issue, overtly or covertly.

MY ADVICE:
1. If you are dismissed, look for another job fast.
2. If the above occurs and you can put aside your shame, go back to your former company. If you are accepted back, know that you don't have a reliable job yet, still look for another job fast.
3. If you are not dismissed but your salary reduced, you will never be trusted, hence still continue looking for another job fast.
4. If you are not dismissed and your salary is not reduced, continue in the job but spend a great effort convincing your boss it was an honest mistake and an unintended error.

Above all, learn your lessons and be truthful during salary negotiation. Not everything should be tied to money. Some other qualitative benefits are attached to a job other than money.

There is no honest mistake in this. Own up and do your time with the reduced salary or look for another job.

Tell your friend that his boss is a good guy and he doesn't need to make him (boss) look stupid by telling another lie.

And the former boss has done nothing wrong...when you lie to get a job, and I have evidence to show you were telling lies, I will tender it.

Na so e dey start, later we would say Nigerian Govt is bad.

He should pick himself up and use this event as warning to do something better... I have a situation where I really disappointed myself about 13yrs ago...that event keeps me truthful to date.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
carpenter:

There is no honest mistake in this. Own up and do your time with the reduced salary or look for another job.

Tell your friend that his boss is a good guy and he doesn't need to make him (boss) look stupid by telling another lie.

And the former boss has done nothing wrong...when you lie to get a job, and I have evidence to show you were telling lies, I will tender it.

Na so e dey start, later we would say Nigerian Govt is bad.
Thanks 4ur comment. Will kindly relate ur advice to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Secretary Vacancy For a Company based in Warri Delta / Exxonmobil Nigeria Recruiting! Its Hot And Fresh!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.