Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,976 members, 7,817,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably (17932 Views)

WONDERFUL!!! How To Get A Pay Raise During A Recession / JUMIA Nigeria Sacks 250 Staff, Others Get Pay Cut. / Vacancy For A Pay Roll Administrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by adioolayi(m): 8:36am On Jan 13, 2015
@Op ..I think you committed fraud by drafting your own payslip...It is a great mistake on your part...Good corporate organisation will not even listen to your explanation before they fire you.
That said, since you opted for the new job based on a reason that you want a career in your field of study...I will suggest you get the pay cut if close to what you were getting before at your former place of work

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 8:37am On Jan 13, 2015
Obinoscopy kindly ban all dis jokers occupying meaningful spaces ASAP
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by ajealadick(m): 8:39am On Jan 13, 2015
patrickdarlins:
see what d content of the paper holds for u first.....

dont be in a haste to conclude!!

I totally agree. but I will advice you look further for another job because you've gotten a credibility issue, if anything goes missing there is a proof that you are dishonest and you will be the primary suspect. don't think you've gotten a job yet. you may be sacked anytime to when you director is faced with any opportunity cost.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by TRADELYN: 8:42am On Jan 13, 2015
WhoDeyThere:
its kiev not kiv...
Good morning space booking partner
grin
OK!

So, what does 'kiev' mean?
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 8:43am On Jan 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

My dear little, kind ,and misguided, and lovely friend.

This is not the political thread....this is an advice thread.

I kindly ask that you either delete this post....or give the OP your valued advice.

Oh and.....stop being so full of such negative feelings. They do not help you.

@op...Lionelnkem's article is the best advice....as for me....I would suggest that you eat humble pie....and go back to your former place of work.
quote me again I will teach u a lesson is nairaland ur father's property? useless
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Exponental(m): 8:49am On Jan 13, 2015
accept d pay cut n honorably apologise reassuring them it wont repeat itself else u will end up being frustrated till u resign cos ur boss sees u as a fraudster now.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 8:55am On Jan 13, 2015
Blackchampion:
He is not happy dat d nigga left his company to his friend's. Though he neva knew d re friends shaa. So he probably wants to punish him cos he left him even wen d offered additional 10k to him he turned it down telling dem dat his intention to leave wasn't money motivated but career.
the forma boss is terrible i swear....

people like that can never let good things happen to their employee...or easily give promotions to those its due for!!
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2015
Frankmishael:
quote me again I will teach u a lesson is nairaland ur father's property? useless

Good morning....and do try to be more Christlike.Let your speech be seasoned with salt.

God bless you and have a wonderful day, little friend!
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 13, 2015
Frankmishael:

And keep on the sunny side of life..... wink

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Dbboy(m): 9:00am On Jan 13, 2015
Corruption every where even the leaders of tomorrow are not exempted. You should honorable resign for delving into such venture in the first place.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by InZA: 9:01am On Jan 13, 2015
I just want to chip this in for the benefit of many people who may have reason to use the word in their cvs, and as its obvious, typographical errors in cvs can cost you that job.

There's a difference between "Former" and "Formal"

The word you intend to use in the context of your initial post is "Former" and not "Formal"

I hope you don't take this correction wrongly, I'm not suggesting I'm perfect, Infact there may be mistakes in this very post of mine, but I just thought it fitting to call your attention to that error in your post.

As someone suggested before, since your friend's decision to change companies was majorly a function of career development rather than monetary benefits, I think it's best he stays in this new company (with the pay cut), especially if his job designation falls in line with what he is truly happy doing, it's not just about money many times, it's about what you know you are good at and you enjoy doing. As time goes on, better opportunities would arise either in this new company or in another one. Summarily he should take this new job

3 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2015
ajealadick:

I totally agree. but I will advice you look further for another job because you've gotten a credibility issue, if anything goes missing there is a proof that you are dishonest and you will be the primary suspect. don't think you've gotten a job yet. you may be sacked anytime to when you director is faced with any opportunity cost.
true!!
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by tolexy007(m): 9:04am On Jan 13, 2015
Big4wig:
Nigerian musicians are gradually ruining me. Now when I hear a pastor say "First of all.." My mind completes it with "go down low"
how old are u?

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

And keep on the sunny side of life..... wink
stay there and let uncircumcised Philistine be ur president for my gej I know
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by dapsoneh: 9:09am On Jan 13, 2015
Get d paycut and continue luking for another job. A bird in hand is worth more dan thousand in the bush
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 13, 2015
Frankmishael:
stay there and let uncircumcised Philistine be ur president for my gej I know

This is me last response to you...so I will make it quick.

You need to be careful....because you claim to be a Christian, yet at the slightest pressure...you yield to the old man.

Remember....you should be slow to speak, slow to wrath, slow to anger.

Good advice....especially for those who claim to follow Christ.

BTW...I am not a Buhari supporter...neither do I care for the PDP. However, your problem is two fold. Jesus did not tell us to rely on Christian leaders for protection, nor did he tell us to hate those who hate us.If Paul had not been welcomed by Barnabas....the church might have lost a gem....and a lot of knowledge.

Take heed....I have spoken to you like, nicely.

Trust God.....not man (I did not say vote APC).

p.s...My ancestors did not come from the sea...neither am I uncircumcised...nor do I speak Greek, or Canaanite. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Jarus(m): 9:11am On Jan 13, 2015
It's a serious integrity issue.

You should not have lied about your pay

For him not to sack you for this, I think he likes you. He only adjusted your pay to reflect what he would have given you if he knew all the facts about you during recruitment period.

I advise you take the pay cut. He should be able to bury the case there.

5 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by okoolori(m): 9:13am On Jan 13, 2015
patrickdarlins:
be a man....have a talk with your boss..

but when you see the outcome of the discussion...if not favourable to u....go for the cut!!!

that ur forma boss is a nonentity...he thinks he is doing his friend favour by telling him the amount??
he has a case to answer to carma!!!
This is a good advice I have seen in nairaAnd since my initiation Ma, this is what we want on this forum. Keep up the good work.
That's the best thing to do bro. Stick with what she said and don't hold grudge against ur former boss, he doesn't knows that Life doesn't operate on that axis.
Things can only get better. Believe in Almighty and be fogus
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by okoolori(m): 9:13am On Jan 13, 2015
patrickdarlins:
be a man....have a talk with your boss..

but when you see the outcome of the discussion...if not favourable to u....go for the cut!!!

that ur forma boss is a nonentity...he thinks he is doing his friend favour by telling him the amount??
he has a case to answer to carma!!!
This is a good advice I have seen in nairlaAnd since my initiation Ma, this is what we want on this forum. Keep up the good work.
That's the best thing to do bro. Stick with what she said and don't hold grudge against ur former boss, he doesn't knows that Life doesn't operate on that axis.
Things can only get better. Believe in Almighty and be focus
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 9:13am On Jan 13, 2015
tolexy007:

u need to c a doctor, seriouslly ur brain is nt workin fyn,i will help u to pay d bill
u mad
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2015
bushdoc9919:

This is me last response to you...so I will make it quick.

You need to be careful....because you claim to be a Christian, yet at the slightest pressure...you yield to the old man.

Remember....you should be slow to speak, slow to wrath, slow to anger.

Good advice....especially for those who claim to follow Christ.

BTW...I am not a Buhari supporter...neither do I care for the PDP. However, your problem is two fold. Jesus did not tell us to rely on Christian leaders for protection, nor did he tell us to hate those who hate us.If Paul had not been welcomed by Barnabas....the church might have lost a gem....and a lot of knowledge.

Take heed....I have spoken to you like, nicely.

Trust God.....not man (I did not say vote APC).

p.s...My ancestors did not come from the sea...neither am I uncircumcised...nor do I speak Greek, or Canaanite. smiley
kk tanks
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by presiade(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2015
Frankmishael:
I am a fool and a loggerhead
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 9:20am On Jan 13, 2015
Jarus:
It's a serious integrity issue.

You should not have lied about your pay

For him not to sack you for this, I think he likes you. He only adjusted your pay to reflect what he would have given you if he knew all the facts about you during recruitment period.

I advise you take the pay cut. He should be able to bury the case there.
Thanks Jarus. Greetings to u
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by fleezytran(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2015
My friend what u did was very wrong and if taken up under the law, could result in things you don't even bargain for. If my MD was your new boss, my friend you are gone. But now that the admin has hinted you that you are not going to be sacked, I'd say you take whatever comes and be on the look out for a different job soon because he is not going to forget that easily which might also affect your work relationship with him greatly. In my office we will say "it's an integrity issue"

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by HopeAlive14(m): 9:22am On Jan 13, 2015
I have come to understand that there is nothing better than laying a foundation of truth in all our dealings.

Again, we must be courageous and confident to say our price when our profession and services are being priced.

See what the pay cut looks like. You may have to accept it (especially if it is within the range of what you were earning in your former company), work there for a while, add to your experience while looking for another job.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nobody: 9:27am On Jan 13, 2015
FIRST IMPRESSION MATTERS A LOT. Your first impression to your new boss was to display your lack of integrity. To tell you the truth, dismissing you is the best option for the MD. Lack of integrity is a red flag for any organisation and such a person is a black sheep within an organisation. I will be very surprised if the MD does not dismiss you. But if he does not dismiss you, be rest assured that you are in for perilous times within the organisation as you will spend a long time trying to get the trust of the MD. For people like that, first impression matters a lot, you may never be able to get his trust. He will be constantly watching your back and making references to the issue, overtly or covertly.

MY ADVICE:
1. If you are dismissed, look for another job fast.
2. If the above occurs and you can put aside your shame, go back to your former company. If you are accepted back, know that you don't have a reliable job yet, still look for another job fast.
3. If you are not dismissed but your salary reduced, you will never be trusted, hence still continue looking for another job fast.
4. If you are not dismissed and your salary is not reduced, continue in the job but spend a great effort convincing your boss it was an honest mistake and an unintended error.

Above all, learn your lessons and be truthful during salary negotiation. Not everything should be tied to money. Some other qualitative benefits are attached to a job other than money.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Melahou(m): 9:27am On Jan 13, 2015
my brother...the information disclosed to your current boss from the start was not correct
meaning you are dishonest and can not be trusted

there`s noting wrong telling him the truth.
its never a must your salary will be reviewed after confirmation, infact your confirmation period can even be extended from 6tmhs to 9mths as the case maybe.

so what ever decision the management comes out with you will have to take it because you are reaping what you sew.

you are lucky they didn't fire you for not only providing false information but also forging document (payslip) concerning your salary

Better you resign because you have lost the trust and respect of your boss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ccsnl Call Center Representative Test Invite / I Got A Job Today Through Nairaland / Icrc Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.