Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,664 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 (756 Views)

The Coup Speech That Overthrew Buhari On August 27, 1985… / 5 Major Reasons That Made GEJ Loose - UK Guardian / GEJ, President Of Biafra? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 13, 2015
Refrence: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=140709

It was like yesterday when GEJ gave nigerians a touching speech to solicit for our votes four years ago.
“I am Goodluck Jonathan. I never thought I would be where I am today. I had no shoes, no school bag; I carried my books in my hands to school. I have no enemies to fight. I was not born rich. I am Goodluck Jonathan. If I can make it, you can make it.”
President Jonathan declared in what was perhaps, his most riveting campaign message in the lead-up to the 2011 presidential election in which he defeated his closest challenger, former head of state, General Muhammadu Buhari to occupy Aso Rock.
According to a pundits, these simple words from Jonathan, born in Otueke in Bayelsa State to a fishing family, echo the several challenges the 56-year-old president has had to contend with. Again, not necessarily the fact, he “had no shoes and sometimes trekked to school” but also, that statement painted a poignant reference to his tortuous walk to the presidency in the heady days of former President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua’s illness. The former president would later die, paving the way for the inauguration of Jonathan as Nigeria’s president on May 6, 2010.Clearly, that popular, frenzied and somewhat widespread acceptance has escaped Jonathan.
In August 2012, Jonathan claimed he is the world’s most criticised president. He also vows to become the most praised before he leaves office. Again, that leaves open the question of whether he plans to make good that pledge by 2015 or 2019.
Let's hear each other's opinions...

Re: The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 by theV0ice: 6:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
so much hopes placed on this man but......... embarassed
Re: The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 by FastShipping: 6:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
I have never seen a man in my life that squandered enormour goodwill given to him in short period of time like Jonathan did within four years.

The man became president accidentally; not by his ambition or plan for the country.

Never again in our lives we should vote for a president base on sympathy.
Re: The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 by ORACLE1975(m): 6:21pm On Jan 13, 2015
that was then!
Re: The Speech That Made GEJ President In 2011 by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2015
GEJ will win only if he chooses this heading as his new campaign slogan, "before I had no brains, now I don get sense"
grin

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Photo:Mrs HID Awolowo Hosts And Blesses Buhari And Osinbajo In Ikenne / Buhari To Armed Forces: Your Neglect ’ll Soon Be Over! / Imo State Government Not Happy With Gej's Campaign Visit:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.