Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,637 members, 7,809,391 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

This Got Me Confused - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / This Got Me Confused (1272 Views)

This Got Me Curious / How my question got me bank alerts / He Got Me Pregnant And Left Me To Suffer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Got Me Confused by seankafor(m): 10:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
One priest was preaching to us last sunday saying that not everybody will be rich. That some will be poor while others will be rich.
Now my problem is that those that are rich and poor are they destined to be so? Dont tell me they didnt work hard cos when they were at youth age they vowed that their future is bright just as we youths are vowing likewise. Then if they are meant to be poor then who is to be blamed.

As for me . Instead of me to be poor after what i ve gone through my secondary and tertiary level. I ll rather die trying.

1 Like

Re: This Got Me Confused by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
The 50-30-20 state makes the world rock.........You don't need to die while trying to be rich,just be comfortable because the rich also cry...

1 Like

Re: This Got Me Confused by KanwuliaJara: 10:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
Welcome to the paradox of 'religion'. . . .RICH IN HEAVEN. . . POVERTY ON EARTH!!!! grin
Are the pastors not aiming to be RICH while you die poor? cheesy

MUGU JAM MAGA!!!!

Muchechechecheche
Re: This Got Me Confused by seankafor(m): 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Veralaw:
The 50-30-20 state makes the world rock.........You don't need to die while trying to be rich,just be comfortable because the rich also cry...
when i mean poor. I mean brokeness. Churchrat. If am comfortable it means i can afford my needs then by so that aint my prblm. Bt i can never ever ever afford to be broke cos thats another hell in the making
Re: This Got Me Confused by Mprex(f): 11:03pm On Jan 13, 2015
What kinda pastor told you thatundecided

you shouldnt digest everything that is given to you by these men of God. Some of them dont even know half of the bible. You should be able to read the word of God for yourself and gain understanding.

How can someone tell you that some people will be rich and some will be poor and the bible says that "the earth is the Lord's and the fullness there of". How can the earth belong to your heavenly father and you are poorsad

1 Like

Re: This Got Me Confused by baby124: 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2015
poverty comes in different forms and not always material. And yes it is true, the poor shall always walk among us. Fingers are not equal, and not everyone can be rich. Forget what prosperity preachers say. As long as you are happy in life, you are not poor. Dont envy other's when you dont know what its like to walk in their shoes. So many wealthy people are depressed, suicidal and unhappy even with all that money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Got Me Confused by duperola(f): 5:06am On Jan 14, 2015
i think ur pastor is rite.everybody cant b rich.even in america,some cant feed themselves.i think is just a matter of followin some principles+Favour+takin chances dt can break d jinx

3 Likes

Re: This Got Me Confused by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 14, 2015
even Jesus told Judas that "the poor will always be amongst you" so ur pastor was correct
Re: This Got Me Confused by ifyalways(f): 7:08am On Jan 14, 2015
Surely, the pastors are not amongst those " destined" to be poor. Nigerian pastors.

@Topic, wealth and poverty is relative. A Lil comfort here and there on whatever pedestal of life you find your self should suffice, IMO.

1 Like

Re: This Got Me Confused by Nobody: 7:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Nothing new there, I fail to see the reason for angst against the priest, the poor will always be among us; Deuteronomy 15:11,Mark 14:7,John 12:8. Besides one only has to be a student of society and economics to realise this truth. People will always lose jobs or those with low-paying jobs, there will always be people with poor judgement in investing their resources.

I would rate this priest for having the balls to go against modern religionist trope that promises prosperity for all, especially after paying tithes and all other sorts of offerings, and saying what exactly the truth is. If you think that at any time in the history of man every one will be rich, you are in cuckoo land.

2 Likes

Re: This Got Me Confused by LordReed(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2015
Timbuktou:
Nothing new there, I fail to see the reason for angst against the priest, the poor will always be among us; Deuteronomy 15:11,Mark 14:7,John 12:8. Besides one only has to be a student of society and economice to realise this truth. People will always lose jobs or those with low-paying jobs, there will always be people with poor judgement in investing their resources.

I would rate this priest for having the balls to go against modern religionist trope that promises prosperity for all, especially after paying tithes and all other sorts of offerings, and saying what exactly the truth is. If you think that at any time in the history of man every one will be rich, you are in cuckoo land.

While I agree with your post I think we shouldn't forget the balance which this world is capable of supporting all of us to have decent food, shelter and clothing. Our collective greed allows some of this disparities between rich and poor.
Re: This Got Me Confused by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 14, 2015
LordReed:

While I agree with your post I think we shouldn't forget the balance which this world is capable of supporting all of us to have decent food, shelter and clothing. Our collective greed allows some of this disparities between rich and poor.
Our energies should be employed serving such ventures as you listed not desperately fighting unchangeable reality.
Re: This Got Me Confused by mutter(f): 10:02am On Jan 14, 2015
Honestly the kind of things some priests and pastors preach is really discouraging. Our Nigerian priest here in our Nigerian Church is no different
Sometimes his preaching makes you want to shudder.
Most annoying he preaches people`s life on the altar. We always know who he is refering to
He was trained by Father Ede and that got me wondering what kind of training they go through as priests or if they are so indoctrinated.

Don`t bother yourself too much about it.
Re: This Got Me Confused by Amhappy(f): 10:18am On Jan 14, 2015
What he said is very true. It is only in heaven that there will be no more poverty,sickness,sorrow,death etc. Since you chose not to be poor,then do your best and walk with God to provide for you. I declare that i am rich even in the midst of all challenges. But as Christ said,the poor will always be among us.
Re: This Got Me Confused by LordReed(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2015
Timbuktou:
Our energies should be employed serving such ventures as you listed not desperately fighting unchangeable reality.

Of course.
Re: This Got Me Confused by cococandy(f): 1:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
What's wrong with what the pastor said?
Oh you went hoping he would tell you you will be rich?

Abeg leave the correct pastor alone. He understands the realities of life. Not the con-men kind of pastors who only preach 'this week you shall have financial breakthrough'
'Come sow a seed to make it work'

No wonder some of them only talk about wealth. they obviously see that's what people want to hear:
Re: This Got Me Confused by Vinx4Christ(m): 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
the pastor is ryt...

This is where choice comes in
Heaven is meant for all but yet many will not enter..

So is the choice you make + hardwork+ God favouring you

So choose wisely and work harder

NB: if u are not Saved(Born again) your hustle+choice+wealth will amount to NOTHING

(1) (Reply)

When A 10 Year Old Calls Her Mum silly / Lets Share The Names Of Our Villages Here&laughter In Ur Native Language / (photos) This Story About A Stray Dog And A Newborn By Brought Tears To My Eyes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.