Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,059 members, 7,849,281 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:49 PM

My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs (817 Views)

The Three Changes Nigeria Needs, By Muhammadu Buhari / Retired Military Officers – Nigeria Needs Damage Control / Buhari May Find It Hard To Change Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by natasha: 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
I am not trying to sway PDP or APC voters. However i do not think either candidates, presented by both dominant parties can provide the change that Nigerians need.

On one hand, we have PDP who have ruled for about 16 years. Whilst we have seen improvement in some sectors (aka IT, Housing, Agric) it has not been enough as the unemployment rate is still high + we now have a whole different level of insecurity to contend with.
My opinion of GEJ is that we have a president with good intentions, who is inexperienced but learning on the job, however he is surrounded by advisors whom are only after their own selfish interest.
My VERDICT - If GEJ wins, we will see some improvement, but not at the pace its needed and frankly, i do not believe we need someone who is still learning.

Unto APC, we have Buhari who i am of the opinion that perhaps he means well for Nigeria, however, i cannot forget that this man made very careless and insensitive comments when he lost the last election that led to the needless brutal murders of several NYSC corpers serving in the north. He has never apologized till date.
Also, i believe, APC had better candidates but the Northern elite imposed their candidate.
APC is touted as the party to bring change, but how can we expect change a greater proportion of the party are members of PDP who decamped to APC to secure their meal ticket for the next 4 years?
Its like a man who has a faulty car, after working hard for several months to save, takes the car to a dealer to trade in for a newer car but instead of getting a newer car, the dealer repaints the car and you are charged the value of a new car. In a scenario such as this, you end up with a old car in a new bodywork. Same car, same engine, just a different body work. You will see no difference in performance
Voting Buhari would in effect mean, bring PDP back to power (my opinion).
Look at the people surrounding Buhari and ask yourself, what did they do with their mandate before 2014? Did we see the change they are promising us when they ruled? (We know Tinubu was known for empowering the area boys in Lagos during his tenure then he left and became a godfather) Are we ready to go back to godfatherism days of 9ja politics when Andy Uba kept harrassing Ngige out of power? The days of Adedibu disturbing the Oyo Gov? Part of OBJ's problem is that he handpicked GEJ who then decided not to a puppet anymore.

The challenges Nigeria faced when Buhari was in power in the 80's, whilst there are some similarities however there is a great difference from what we face today and some of this need to tackled with urgency.
I dont think GEJ has the skills nor has he grasped the reality of the urgency, neither do i believe that a Buhari who's on a vendetta mission to is get everybody either locked before addressing the challenges we face is suitable to be our number 1 citizen.

In exactly 4 weeks, we will be going to the poling stations, to decide our future for the next 4 years, our children's future on FEB 14 (sorry ladies, valentine has been cancelled for security reasons grin)
in 4 yrs, you writing WAEC, might be graduating from uni....what prospects/plan do the candidates have for you?
You could be married in 4 years? Can you attest to the fact that the main candidates above can perhaps create better jobs that will enable you achieve those goals? start a family? train your unborn child through Nursery?

Like i said in the beginning, i am not telling you who to vote for however i believe that if we truly desire change, the change we desperately NEED and by God the change we have earned, we should go out to vote but vote for the unknown candidates, the ones who havent been in the coffers of powers since the days of our fathers....that to me, is the change we need. We need new minds, new ideas not recycled political LovePeddler.s jumping back/forth ship for their selfish interest.
When i was in nursery school, i was told we are the leaders of tomorrow. Yet, the people in the coffers of powers then are still the ones in power and every 4 years they promise us change (good roads, electricity, jobs, security...we never see am). All they do is change parties or move from reps -> Senate -> Gov -> advisor -> ambassador et al and then put their wives/children/inlaws and its a repeat of the same ol.

Below is the list of the presidential and VP candidates on INEC's website (Party/Age/Qualifications). Lets take our time to ready thru the manifesto of the other parties and vote for wisely for a change....Surely someone amongst the names below can deliver a better performance that the 2 candidates above. That's my take, that's my opinion
God bless us all.

1 JCI SEN. TUNDE ANIFOWOSE-KELANI PRESIDENT AA MALE BED
COMRADE ISHAKA PAUL OFEMILE VICE PRESIDENT AA MALE HND
2 RAFIU SALAU PRESIDENT AD M 58 SSCE
AKUCHIE CLINTON CLIFF VICE PRESIDENT AD M 64 B.SC
3 ALH. GANIYU O. GALADIMA PRESIDENT ACPN M HND
OJENGBEDE OLUREMI FARIDA VICE PRESIDENT ACPN F PGD
4 DR. MANI IBRAHIM AHMAD PRESIDENT ADC MALE PHD
OBIANUJU MURPHY-UZOHUE VICE PRESIDENT ADC MALE PHD
5 AYENI MUSA ADEBAYO PRESIDENT APA M B.SC (HONS)
ANTHONY FAITH OLOGBOSERE VICE PRESIDENT APA F 45 B.SC
6 MUHAMMADU BUHARI PRESIDENT APC MALE WASC
YEMI OSINBAJO VICE PRESIDENT APC MALE LLB, BL
7 CHIEF SAM EKE PRESIDENT CPP M 44 PHD
HASSANA HASSAN VICE PRESIDENT CPP F 46 NURSING CERT & MIDWIFERY
8 HIGH CHIEF AMBROSE N. ALBERT OWURU PRESIDENT HOPE M LLB, BL, PGD
ALHAJI HARUNA YAHAYA SHABA VICE PRESIDENT HOPE M HND
9 COMFORT OLUREMI SONAIYA PRESIDENT KOWA F PH.D
ALH. SEIDU BOBBOI VICE PRESIDENT KOWA M B.A
10 CHIEF MARTIN ONOVO PRESIDENT NCP MALE MSC
IBRAHIM MOHAMMED VICE PRESIDENT NCP MALE HND
11 GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN PRESIDENT PDP M PHD (ZOOLOGY)
ARC. MOHAMMED NAMADI SAMBO VICE PRESIDENT PDP M M.SC (ARCH)
12 ALLAGOA KELVIN CHINEDU PRESIDENT PPN M 46 B.SC
ARABAMHEN MARY VICE PRESIDENT PPN F 35 SSCE
13 GODSON MGBODILE OHAENYEM OKOYE PRESIDENT UDP MALE LLB, BL
HARUNA ADAMU VICE PRESIDENT UDP MALE NCE
14 CHIEF (DR.) CHEKWAS OKORIE PRESIDENT UPP MALE PHD
BARR. BELLO UMAR VICE PRESIDENT UPP MALE BA
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by SirHouloo(m): 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
How I wish we have better candidates that can amass plenty votes.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by natasha: 12:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
SirHouloo:
How I wish we have better candidates that can amass plenty votes.

I am sure we have better candidates. People like Pat Utomi and co. However I also believe that if we studied a little more about the "other" candidates in the smaller parties, we might find in them, a better candidate than GEJ or Buhari.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by theunusualmoon(m): 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Funny how you listed the discipline of the incumbent and his vice and stayed mute as regards the others.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by natasha: 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Funny how you listed the discipline of the incumbent and his vice and stayed mute as regards the others.
I didnt, like i stated, its copied "as is" from the spreadsheet on Inec's website. You are welcome to read through for yourself
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by theunusualmoon(m): 3:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
natasha:

I didnt, like i stated, its copied "as is" from the spreadsheet on Inec's website. You are welcome to read through for yourself
Okay.But truth is our major challenge as a nation does not lie in aso rock alone, we also have a role to play.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by natasha: 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
Most definitely and thats why we have the power to decide come 14.2.15 who will lead us as we go through a period of change. We can choose familiar faces, people from the same tribe/religion, our grandparents agemates or we could vote a new breed in. Its upto us to make that choice.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
@ Natasha, thank you for stating your mind. I am very much concerned in some points that you raised. You said Jonathan tried in IT, Housing and Agriculture, Please can you tell us how?

You also said General Muhammadu Buhari made some statement after losing 2011, can you specifically tell us the statement?

You also opined that the northern elite imposed Muhammadu Buhari on APC, please can you tell us how?

I believe you have your "facts", I will appreciate a factual explanation
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by theunusualmoon(m): 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
natasha:
Most definitely and thats why we have the power to decide come 14.2.15 who will lead us as we go through a period of change. We can choose familiar faces, people from the same tribe/religion, our grandparents agemates or we could vote a new breed in. Its upto us to make that choice.
Mind telling me your top 3 contestants and why?
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by natasha: 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
actually, i do not have a top three or even a preferred candidate, however i do know i dont want GEJ or Buhari in power
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hello @ Natasha?
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by theunusualmoon(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2015
natasha:
actually, i do not have a top three or even a preferred candidate, however i do know i dont want GEJ or Buhari in power
You are not alone.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by natasha: 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2015
barcanista:
@ Natasha, thank you for stating your mind. I am very much concerned in some points that you raised. You said Jonathan tried in IT, Housing and Agriculture, Please can you tell us how?

You also said General Muhammadu Buhari made some statement after losing 2011, can you specifically tell us the statement?

There were certain comments Buhari made following his loss in 2011 (when i find the links, i'll edit and add them here in the meantime, i am sure if you google "Buhari comments Post election violence 2011 you may find something) which i feel were careless and it inflamed tensions and these comments of his led to the almajiris attacking and murdering NYSC corpers at their lodge.
Corpers were specifically targeted as they were used for the election mobilization bruhaha last elections....the almajiris, on Buhari's incitement, choose to attack corpers who were only doing their jobs. People's children (like you and I) were murdered in cold blood. Parents buried their children, siblings lost siblings, friends lost friends, i can never forget that incident.
The people he was angry with did not die, their children did not die, it was the regular Nigerian that suffered losses whilst the elitist remained untouched.
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
natasha:

There were certain comments Buhari made following his loss in 2011 (when i find the links, i'll edit and add them here in the meantime, i am sure if you google "Buhari comments Post election violence 2011 you may find something) which i feel were careless and it inflamed tensions and these comments of his led to the almajiris attacking and murdering NYSC corpers at their lodge.
Corpers were specifically targeted as they were used for the election mobilization bruhaha last elections....the almajiris, on Buhari's incitement, choose to attack corpers who were only doing their jobs. People's children (like you and I) were murdered in cold blood. Parents buried their children, siblings lost siblings, friends lost friends, i can never forget that incident.
The people he was angry with did not die, their children did not die, it was the regular Nigerian that suffered losses whilst the elitist remained untouched.
I appreciate your patriotism but you didn't answer the question. What is the comment? Honestly, I will like to know myself... btw I raised other questions and will appreciate if you respond to all of them....Thank you
barcanista:
You also opined that the northern elite imposed Muhammadu Buhari on APC, please can you tell us how?
I believe you have your "facts", I will appreciate a factual explanation
Re: My Opinion - The Real Change Nigeria Needs by mauriceju2(m): 8:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
BUHARI IS NOT THE CHANGE WE WANT DEAREST NIGERIANS, Let me not talk about the PDP's, but THESE ARE THE APC GUBERNATORIAL FLAG - BEARERS: (1) SOKOTO - Aminu Waziri Tambuwal (former PDP) (2) KEBBI - Abubakar Atiku Bagudu (former PDP) (3) KATSINA - Aminu Bello Masari (former PDP) (4) KANO - Umar Abdullahi Ganduje (former PDP) (5) KADUNA - Malam Nasir El-rufa'i (former PDP) (6) JIGAWA - Alh. Abubakar Badaru (former PDP) (7) BAUCHI - Barr. Muhammad Abubakar (former PDP) (cool GOMBE - Alh. Inuwa Yahya (former PDP) (9) NIGER - Abubakar Bello Sani (former PDP) (10) ADAMAWA - Umar Jibrilla Bindow (former PDP) (11) PLATEAU - Mr Simon Lalong (former PDP) (12) BENUE - Dr Samuel Ortom (former PDP) (13) TARABA - Aisha Jummai Alhassan (former PDP) (14) RIVERS - Dakuku Perterside (former PDP) (15) IMO - Rochas Okorocha (former PDP) (16) ENUGU - Okey Ezea (former PDP) (17) ABIA - Dr Nyerere Anyim (former PDP) (18) EBONYI - Dr Steve Egbo (former PDP) NOTE ALSO THAT more than 60% of the State & National Assembly Candidates are also all former PDP members! Let me not also forget to state that AUDU OGBE, APC's chieftain was a former Chairman of PDP (2001-2005). Do I also need to mention Atiku Abubakar? Or Rotimi Ameachi who was a PDP Speaker of Rivers state Assembly for 8 Years then Governor for 7 years? The list goes on and on. If PDP wasted and stole our time and resources for the past 16 years, my dearest citizens, the names listed above and many more are part of these bunch of criminals who stole and wasted these our resources. They were and are part of the people who lied and lie to us. My people, YES! We want change, but if I am a thief in Agbada, would wearing a Nnyika make me not to be a thief? Would I stop being a thief because I changed gang? Some of us will always argue that the states controlled by these thieves are better than the others, but let me ask: Did Ameachi do all he did for Rivers in the past 1 year that he became a memebr of the APC? Was it last year that APC was formed that the transformations in KANO took place or began? Was it APC's Government that did the stuffs in IMO? Dearest Citizens, for 16 years we have been under the PDP's Umbrella. Yes, but which person in this APC has not been in the corridor or close to the coridor of power in these past 16 years? Not only am I so disapointed in us as citizens, I am ashamed to be a part of this generation. We revolved & continue to revolve aroung the same group of people since Independence yet we seem to be comfortable with it. If they're saints as they claim, we wouldnt be where we are today. Do I need to start mentioning their names and potfolios? If I cant mention all, at least I know for a fact that as far back as 1982, Audu Ogbe was not only a speaker of his state assembly, he also was a Minister in Nigeria. Infact, he held two ministerial positions. I also know without doubt that Gen Buhari apart from being a PTF Chairman, rose to become the President of Nigeria as far as 1983. Very resently, Atiku Abubakar was an 8 years Vice President. I cant believe that at 72 some one who was President at 41 wants to be president again. I cant also come to term with my self when ever I read that Gen Yakubu Gowan was about 23 years old when he became Nigerias President. Well, I am above 23 now and I cant even feed myself. My dearest citizens of the Republic, do we continue rotating our leaders and expect to move forward? Do we expect to be in 2015 and have some one who ruled us decades ago rule us? As a child, I heard of Shehu Musa Yar'dua. As a teenager, I had Umaru Musa Yar'dua rule me as president. When do I see Akpan, Taofeek, Olanipekun or Emeka at 25 , 35 or 45 year old be my president? When do we see a 25 or 31 year old Nigerian from any part of Nigeria be governors or senator or even ministers? Dearests, Gen Martin Luther Agwai, the former Chief of Army Staff is now the Chairman of SURE- P. David Mark, former governor of 2 different states is today our Senate President. Tomorow, if PDP no longer favours him, he will join forces with APC or which ever party there is. We are where we are today because our fathers failed in their reponsibilities to plan for us. Are we going to let our children suffer what we suffer by allowing these people rotate offices among themselves? Whether we like it or not, Buhari as a former president recieves a Pension of 22.7 million. Whether you like it or not, when Jonathan completes his tenure, he will also recieve his millions as pension and the cycle will continue. One thing is sure, if Jonathan retains his presidency next year, he will not employ me in his government. One thing is also sure, if Buhari wins, he will not employ you in his government. Who will they then employ? Ofcourse, they will employ the same old crooks to help them out. This is not Change, APC is not change. When we see change, we go know! God Bless Your Hearts! Apc has their slogan as change but on this note i think pdp is the party that represent change because all the old thieves has gone to rival APC

(1) (Reply)

97 Promises: Gej's Score Card By Chxta Bee / Fly Nigeria It's A Crate Way To Fly / Picture Of My Pvc And My Formula Of Voting At The Forthcoming Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.