Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,206 members, 7,839,109 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ (1068 Views)

MTVbase Compares WizKid To D'banj. WizKid Slams Them / Tekno Compares Nigerian Jollof Rice With Ghanaian Jollof Rice (pics,Video) / Jidenna Compares Donald Trump To Hitler [PICS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
[img]http://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:1158410?width=1024&height=576[/img]

'Where are you safe at?' Wale asks.

Wale, like many around the world, is still trying to make sense of the violence that has plagued Nigeria and, more specifically, the rash of mass murders making headlines in recent days. For some, the hashtag #BringBackOurGirls was the first introduction the problems there.

“My dad is out there right now, he’s in Nigeria — and I believe it’s north Nigeria. My dad is in the country … part,” Wale told MTV News on Monday night during an interview in New York City.

Wale was born in America, but his family hails from Nigeria, where violence has run rampant for years. “It’s f–ked up and it’s just like, ‘Where are you safe at? Where?” he reflected.

[b]“Something as pure as religion — which is essentially love, love for mankind and respect and loyalty to your spirit, a loyalty within self, a love within self — it’s so crazy that has been used as a tool to kill, to murder and to have no boundaries,” he said, speaking in broad terms, beyond Nigeria’s recent attacks. “Killing children, suicide bombings, even 9/11.

“That’s the most unfortunate thing. If you can take religion and use that as something to spin and make it hell on earth,” the MMG rapper continued, “Hope? For who? For what? This is the only thing we have is our religion, and now you’re going to use it to validate killing children?”

“I didn’t want to see them, but people kept sending them, people kept posting them,” he explained. “It’s one of those things where we can complain all we want: ‘My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurts, my girl broke up with me’ — you got to look a little deeper into the world. These are minuscule, minor things compared to what’s going on in the world.”[/b]

http://www.mtv.com/news/2048464/wale-boko-haram-attacks-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by titiann(f): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ok........
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by sinaj(f): 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
diz boy wor wor sha...shebi na gel go kiss dat lips...de shud ban islam as a religion since de av become a nuisance not jux to Nigeria buh to d world...u guyz forced me to type dix undecided
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by cirmuell(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
sinaj:
diz boy wor wor sha...shebi na gel go kiss dat lips
Pathetic! is that what the post is about? his looks?
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by Missmossy(f): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hahaha funny but true, only God will help us in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by LagosBoi2(m): 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
no be lie
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by januzaj(m): 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2015
sinaj:
Fine girl...pix of ur bf
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by januzaj(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
sinaj:
Fine girl...how market......Beyonce wouldnt av married jay z....she dey talk as if she no go grab am if she get d chance
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by woodboi(m): 5:17pm On Jan 14, 2015
sinaj:

Do u have a life! So numb# guess u are d type dat only spend time online checking wedding pix, make up, and shit. Looking for a trendy guy with fish brain to waste ur time and bored moment with.

Be warned: The issue in dis nation affects everyone of us, just lyk Alicia said "We are here". What value's do u as a person add to humanity? We need to wake up and be sensitive to issues around us.
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by sinaj(f): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
woodboi:

Do u have a life! So numb# guess u are d type dat only spend time online checking wedding pix, make up, and shit. Looking for a trendy guy with fish brain to waste ur time and bored moment with.

Be warned: The issue in dis nation affects everyone of us, just lyk Alicia said "We are here". What value's do u as a person add to humanity? We need to wake up and be sensitive to issues around us.
...in LUCKY DUBE'S voice...itz a crazy world...
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by sinaj(f): 6:10pm On Jan 14, 2015
woodboi:

...u got me smilin here bae...u xo lucky m in a vewi guuud mood wud av loved to reply u kid buh...
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by sinaj(f): 6:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
januzaj:
Fine girl...how market......Beyonce wouldnt av married jay z....she dey talk as if she no grab am if she get d chance
...lol na d market yo poppa open for me u de talk about...anyway i xo lyk jay z,2 chainz nd wale too...i rily av a tin for American rappers...i go evn grab rozay sef so...
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by sinaj(f): 6:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
januzaj:
Fine girl...pix of ur bf
yea u can go online nd download rick ross pic coz hiz ma b.f wink
Re: Rapper Wale Compares Boko Haram Terrorist Attacks In Nigeria To ‘hell On Earth’ by woodboi(m): 4:44am On Jan 15, 2015
sinaj:
...u got me smilin here bae...u xo lucky m in a vewi guuud mood wud av loved to reply u kid buh...

Smh! Nairaland... I understand age is a product of time, jes flourish in your adolescent age, you will surely grow with time. I've done my part, which is to school u & its up to you, either to take my words or leave it.

(1) (Reply)

Boy Attacked By Dogs Got Infections At LASUTH –indian Hospital / Nigerians Spraying Naira & Dollars At Fineface Party In Germany / So Sad: Another Reality Star 'real' Dies At 33 From Colon Cancer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.