Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,087 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

Scientists Have Discovered God - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scientists Have Discovered God (4727 Views)

Has Science Discovered God? / Has Science Discovered God? / Has Science Discovered God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 7:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
finofaya:
truthman2012 you are missing the point. The Higgs Boson has nothing to do with God. The name "God Particle" was coined for it by the media. You will agree that the media are not the Nobel prize winner you speak of and that any name they give to the particle is suspect. They are quacks, as you say. You therefore need to find out more abot this particle before you declare it to be God.

They quoted the statements by scientists, who in the course of study arived at Higgs discovery, the Nobel Prize winner.

The media is not a religious body, for what reason would they coin it? Can you define 'God Particle' in your word, stating what God has to do with it?

I mean Higgs' critics on this thread are the quacks.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2015
plaetton:

Well, I do prefer that god is a subatomic particle that binds matter , than the raging schizophrenic genocidal maniac that infects and live in the psyches of most humans.

Lol. If he must exist, then I agree.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 8:34pm On Jan 14, 2015
truthman2012:

They quoted the statements by scientists, who in the course of study arived at Higgs discovery, the Nobel Prize winner.

The media is not a religious body, for what reason would they coin it? Can you define 'God Particle' in your word, stating what God has to do with it?

I mean Higgs' critics on this thread are the quacks.

They may have quoted other things, but they did not quote "God Particle". That one is their own contribution to the research.

The media is not a religious body, just as you are not a religious body (not literally anyway). They used God Particle because its catchier and more sellable.

I can only define God Particle as the popular name for the Higgs Boson. I can't state what God has to do with it, since I don't see what God has to do with it.

I thought the people on this thread were criticizing not the boson itself but the conclusion that the discovery of the Higgs Boson amounts to the discovery of God. If you don't want to hear from them either way you can even read what science, not the media, thinks of the particle.

2 Likes

Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
finofaya:

They may have quoted other things, but they did not quote "God Particle". That one is their own contribution to the research.

The media is not a religious body, just as you are not a religious body (not literally anyway). They used God Particle because its catchier and more sellable.

I can only define God Particle as the popular name for the Higgs Boson. I can't state what God has to do with it, since I don't see what God has to do with it.

I thought the people on this thread were criticizing not the boson itself but the conclusion that the discovery of the Higgs Boson amounts to the discovery of God. If you don't want to hear from them either way you can even read what science, not the media, thinks of the particle.

There is no reason why the media have to add anything, not even for sale. It is only an assumption of yours that they added God to it.

The particle is not God but the creation of God. The scientists knew it was only God that could create that thing you saw in the picture and that is why they name it 'God Particle'
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 8:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
johnydon22:

lmao ur emotional ladened speechs always makes me wanna crygrin...the scientists discovered a particle and you now say they discovered a part of ur god...are you for real?...WTF....Since that part of him is merely a particle then it means it is just a particle...mehn chai... anyways shaa

The particle is not God but created by God, hence the name God Particle
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
truthman2012:

There is no reason why the media have to add anything, not even for sale. It is only an assumption of yours that they added God to it.

The particle is not God but the creation of God. The scientists knew it was only God that could create that thing you saw in the picture and that is why they name it 'God Particle'

I'm trying to tell you that scientists don't call it the God particle. They call it the Higgs particle or Higgs boson.

1 Like

Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by macof(m): 9:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
Dumb Christians.

How has Higgs Boson turned to part of ur God's body

Pls pick a book nd read

1 Like

Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by UrbanMystique: 9:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
plaetton:

Well, I do prefer that god is a subatomic particle that binds matter , than the raging schizophrenic genocidal maniac that infects and live in the psyches of most humans.
grin grin grin
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by gatiano(m): 9:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
where is the particle? xaxaxaxaxax, do you mean matter? nobody can find the particle because it has no ending except a special kind of people who are a little over A billion people.

truthman2012:
Higgs boson: scientists confident they have discovered the God particule.

Scientists are confident that they have discovered the long sought after Higgs boson, known as "God particule", which holds the physical fabric of the universe together.

Little science says there is no God. They have only discovered a part of God and that is only what He wants them to see of Him.

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/large-hadron-collider/9929535/Higgs-boson-scientists-confident-they-have-discovered-the-God-particle.html
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by macof(m): 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2015
truthman2012:

Who is 'Una' in this case?

Scientists discovered GSM, TV, VIDEO etc, and you see them. But when they show you picture of what they discovered about God, you show your unbelief. May God deliver you from unbelief, caused by your enemy - satan.

Can u tell us a few things u know abt Higgs particle? Don't copy nd paste..
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by macof(m): 9:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
gatiano:
where is the particle? xaxaxaxaxax, do you mean matter? nobody can find the particle because it has no ending except a special kind of people who are a little over A billion people.

lol I know ur "a little over a billion people" refers to Africans
Ifa says something about this...we call it Odu in Yoruba
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by macof(m): 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2015
plaetton:

To be honest..I consider the creator to be active only a quantum level
Or if there is a plain smaller than that grin
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by gatiano(m): 9:58pm On Jan 14, 2015
Beautiful brother, you are a MAN/GOD with understanding and knowledge of self. do you know that we have the best concept of population control and at any given time we can't pass 1 billion 8 million people evenly divided between male and female? The divive unity of the minds of these 1B8M is what is called THE PARTICLE that can further be expanded through 7 stages to make a new universe. 1B8M in unity is what is called THE ONE GOD.

macof:
lol I know ur "a little over a billion people" refers to Africans
Ifa says something about this...we call it Odu in Yoruba
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 10:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
macof:

Can u tell us a few things u know abt Higgs particle? Don't copy nd paste..

What is wrong with copying and pasting as I gave the link for all to see?

If you have a different knowledge, say it.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by Blakjewelry(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
This what happens when you put a science thread on religious section

1 Like

Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 8:24am On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

I'm trying to tell you that scientists don't call it the God particle. They call it the Higgs particle or Higgs boson.

This is an extract from the article:

But extensive testing has proved that the Higgs-like particle also behaves like the elusive God particle, which is linked to the mechanism that gives mass to elementary particles

What next?
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 8:34am On Jan 15, 2015
Blakjewelry:
This what happens when you put a science thread on religious section

There is need to put a science thread on religious section as atheists don't believe anything of the spirit, yet they keep parading the section.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 9:07am On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

This is an extract from the article:

What next?

Lol. Provide the link to the article na.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by Blakjewelry(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

There is need to put a science thread on religious section as atheists don't believe anything of the spirit, yet they keep parading the section.
If you are against atheists it better you you come out straight. No true scientist will becloud their with some religious bullscrap
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by AgentOfAllah: 10:10am On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:
Higgs boson: scientists confident they have discovered the God particule.

Scientists are confident that they have discovered the long sought after Higgs boson, known as "God particule", which holds the physical fabric of the universe together.

Little science says there is no God. They have only discovered a part of God and that is only what He wants them to see of Him.

Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/large-hadron-collider/9929535/Higgs-boson-scientists-confident-they-have-discovered-the-God-particle.html

Are you serious mate? What do you know about the Higgs boson? Wow! I'm astounded!!
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 10:25am On Jan 15, 2015
AgentOfAllah:

Are you serious mate? What do you know about the Higgs boson? Wow! I'm astounded!!

Which allah are you an agent to, or are you just impersonating? If truly you are an agent of allah, muslims believe allah is God. Then why are doubting the existence of God?

Even if I don't know, is that article you read my making? Or are you saying those scientists' you read of don't know Higgs boson?

You must be one of the quacks I think.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 10:29am On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

Lol. Provide the link to the article na.

Haha haha! So you did see the link in the OP? No wonder you have been saying what you are saying.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 12:07pm On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Haha haha! So you did see the link in the OP? No wonder you have been saying what you are saying.

Look, that article was written by one Hayley Dixon, a journalist, of The Telegraph. The words are hers, not any scientist's. I'm telling you that its the media that calls Higgs boson the God particle. I thought you'd bring an article by a physicist where the particle is also referred to as "God particle", instead you are busy showing me an article by a journalist.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

Look, that article was written by one Hayley Dixon, a journalist, of The Telegraph. The words are hers, not any scientist's. I'm telling you that its the media that calls Higgs boson the God particle. I thought you'd bring an article by a physicist where the particle is also referred to as "God particle", instead you are busy showing me an article by a journalist.

Are you saying the journalist quoted the scientists out of context? Prove.
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Are you saying the journalist quoted the scientists out of context? Prove.

Proof? What you need is to read more about the subject. This is not a matter of context.

The Higgs boson was theorised in 1964 and it wasn't referred to as the God particle until 29 years later, in 1993 in the title of a book by a physicist about the particle. When asked why he referred to it as the God particle, he said that his publisher rejected the other names for being too unimaginative. Higgs himself finds the name God particle embarrassing.

Read the full article here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

This is how CERN described the discovery of the particle:

On 4 July 2012, the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider announced they had each observed a new particle in the mass region around 126 GeV. This particle is consistent with the Higgs boson predicted by the Standard Model. The Higgs boson, as proposed within the Standard Model, is the simplest manifestation of the Brout-Englert-Higgs mechanism. Other types of Higgs bosons are predicted by other theories that go beyond the Standard Model.

No "God particle".

When giving the Nobel prize to Higgs, "God particle" was also mentioned at all:

On 8 October 2013 the Nobel prize in physics (link is external) was awarded jointly to François Englert and Peter Higgs "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider."

http://home.web.cern.ch/topics/higgs-boson
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by johnydon22(m): 1:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
please guys stop educating truthman on higg boson... We don agree.. higgs particle is truthman's god, yeah he just proved to us his god exists so we now believe... oya truthman u don win. . . carry cup...Guy lets stop the argument on this...
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 1:53pm On Jan 15, 2015
johnydon22:
please guys stop educating truthman on higg boson... We don agree.. higgs particle is truthman's god, yeah he just proved to us his god exists so we now believe... oya truthman u don win. . . carry cup...Guy lets stop the argument on this...

No, you are wrong. The particle is not my God but my God created it. The particle you saw was not put there by man, was it?
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by truthman2012(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

Proof? What you need is to read more about the subject. This is not a matter of context.

The Higgs boson was theorised in 1964 and it wasn't referred to as the God particle until 29 years later, in 1993 in the title of a book by a physicist about the particle. When asked why he referred to it as the God particle, he said that his publisher rejected the other names for being too unimaginative. Higgs himself finds the name God particle embarrassing.

Read the full article here: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

This is how CERN described the discovery of the particle:

On 4 July 2012, the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider announced they had each observed a new particle in the mass region around 126 GeV. This particle is consistent with the Higgs boson predicted by the Standard Model. The Higgs boson, as proposed within the Standard Model, is the simplest manifestation of the Brout-Englert-Higgs mechanism. Other types of Higgs bosons are predicted by other theories that go beyond the Standard Model.

No "God particle".

When giving the Nobel prize to Higgs, "God particle" was also mentioned at all:

On 8 October 2013 the Nobel prize in physics (link is external) was awarded jointly to François Englert and Peter Higgs "for the theoretical discovery of a mechanism that contributes to our understanding of the origin of mass of subatomic particles, and which recently was confirmed through the discovery of the predicted fundamental particle, by the ATLAS and CMS experiments at CERN's Large Hadron Collider."

http://home.web.cern.ch/topics/higgs-boson

Thanks for your efforts. But what or who is responsible for the existence of that particle, which picture you saw?
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by Blakjewelry(m): 2:18pm On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

No, you are wrong. The particle is not my God but my God created it. The particle you saw was not put there by man, was it?
OK we agree that your God created the said particle now who created your god
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by macof(m): 2:21pm On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

What is wrong with copying and pasting as I gave the link for all to see?

If you have a different knowledge, say it.
my point is, i want u to actually read about the higgs particle and stop reading mere titles
Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by finofaya: 2:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
truthman2012:

Thanks for your efforts. But what or who is responsible for the existence of that particle, which picture you saw?

I don't know. Either it is whoever is responsible for all of creation or its nobody, I guess. Such a person would be responsible for the Higgs boson and for sand. Is the Higgs boson any more proof that such a person exists than sand is?

1 Like

Re: Scientists Have Discovered God by jayriginal: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
Deleted.
just realized someone else did the needful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Sell My Soul To Satan / Shaykh Qari Ja'far Passed Away In Indonesia While Reciting Surat Al Mulk (video) / Catholics Are Not Christians-pastor Kelvin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.