Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,087 members, 7,821,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest (17404 Views)

Tribunal Grants Apga Request,... Ikpeazu's Aides Beats Up Court Bailiff / Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest / Governor Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest To Coma In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by greggng: 11:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
There re so many educated iliterates in nairaland. This news is never correct . This is aimed at creating hatred. The governor has denied the news. If this actually happened, I will expect the catholic dioceses where the rev father comes from to report. It not the criminal who owes that demon invested itv .I am a catholic and I know shobaba can never do that . This cannot stop apc from winning again in edo state
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mogidi:
Rev father beaten black and blue for refusing to drive into the bush when Oshiomhole's convoy approached.

[size=15pt]Oshiomhole’s Aides Accused of Beating up Catholic Priest[/size]

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/oshiomhole-s-aides-accused-of-beating-up-catholic-priest/199049/

Actually, I was in my village that weekend, they blocked the entrance to the town because they were commissioning painted Road and sidewalk as a project. Shameless system. They messed up the priest.

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 11:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
greggng:
There re so many educated iliterates in nairaland. This news is never correct . This is aimed at creating hatred. The governor has denied the news. If this actually happened, I will expect the catholic dioceses where the rev father comes from to report. It not the criminal who owes that demon invested itv .I am a catholic and I know shobaba can never do that . This cannot stop apc from winning again in edo state
Please stop speaking without facts. I was in my home town this weekend, it actually happened. They blocked the entrance to the town because they were commissioning painted Road as a project.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 11:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
soulglo:

What does you living in the area have to do with anything? You are basically spreading rumors. Some people prefer to get all the facts and then make deductions. If the diocese has not even heard of the incident shouldn't that make you think differently? Even from a common sense view point
The parish priest at Saint Denis Catholic Church at Ugboha even spoke of the incident during the Sunday mass pleading with the people to forgive. So stop supporting what you know nothing about
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by soulglo: 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisja:
Please stop speaking without facts. I was in my home town this weekend, it actually happened. They blocked the entrance to the town because they were commissioning painted Road as a project.

What are your facts? Did you see the priest being beaten to a coma? If you did not then you do not know any better then anyone reading here. All you know for sure is that a road was being commissioned. Sometimes you become a rumor monger without even realizing you are. You are insisting something happened when you have no proof. The church has even publicly admitted that they have not heard anything about it. Why is the hospital the priest in undisclosed? Why would the church not know that one of their own is in a coma?
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by OneNaira6: 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
Why is everything about APC violence orientated? Tufiakwa
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
shine96:
Governor Oshiohmole's aide did not beat up the Rev Father. I T should verify facts before coming on air. This kind of dubious politics been played by PDP should stop. The Governor has a alot of respect for the clergymen not to mention a priest from the Catholic fold which belongs to. The Governor was no where around where was mentioned in the report. The Catholic Archdiocese has refuted the report already.
You are the one supporting falsehood. The governor was at Ugboha on Friday 9th of January 2015 to commission painted Road. The said incident actually happened. My guess is they are trying to bury it not to heat up the polity.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by soulglo: 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
chrisja:
The parish priest at Saint Denis Catholic Church at Ugboha even spoke of the incident during the Sunday mass pleading with the people to forgive. So stop supporting what you know nothing about

"When contacted on the phone, Reverend Father Stephen Okojie, Director, Benin Archdiocese Directorate of Communication, said he was yet to receive such information."
Father Stephen Okojie has no knowledge of anything happening. Maybe you should ask your parish priest what hospital his fellow priest is in so you guys can go visit him there. Are they hiding the priest?
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
donfidelio:
Oshiomhole’s aides didn’t attack priest, says Cleric

A Catholic Cleric, Reverend Father Andrew Obinyan has dismissed reports that Governor Oshiomhole’s aides attacked his Cleric brother at Ujogba in Edo Central.

Giving his homily at a mass on Tuesday, Father Obinyan who is the Parish Priest of St Albert’s Catholic Church, University of Benin said: “I heard in the news a report that a Catholic Priest in Esan Central of Edo State was grievously oppressed and beaten to a state of coma by aides of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

“If I am sure of anything about Governor Oshiomhole, it is his reverential fear and respect for all ordained ministers especially Bishops, Priests, and Religious of the Catholic Church to which he proudly belongs. Governor Oshiomhole has maintained a very cordial relationship with Catholic Bishops, Priests and Laity beyond Benin City.

“As a priest, I have an obligation, in conscience, based on privileged information, to let the public know that neither the Governor nor any of his aides was involved in such incident as reported. It was a tale concocted to drag the Holy Catholic Church into the fray of politics.”

The Cleric who admonished politicians to always say the truth at all times said: “we should never forget that God regards with extreme repugnance those who bear false witness against their neighbours for whatever reasons. Speaking the truth as it is, is one of the noblest virtues we should not expunge from our lips.

“What is happening, I suspect, is a reflection of the intensity of the wave of political sentiments in the state.

“I solemnly admonish all politicians, in charity not to condescend to the extent that their consciences can no longer control their thoughts, opinions and utterances. I also appeal to them, passionately, to leave the Catholic Church out of their political fray.

“As a Priest of God, I can vouch that Governor Adams Oshiomhole would never encourage anyone to beat up a Priest who gives him the Holy Communion.

“I recall that sometimes ago, a clergyman of high repute in the state had an embarrassing confrontation with some officials of the state on the road. I recall how the Governor was so disappointed and the officials were instantly reprimanded.

“Scoring political points should not compel anybody to proclaim as truth, what in his heart, he knows to be falsehood.

“May God help us to know the truth, because the scriptures say you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.”
Rev Father Andrew wasn't at Ugboha on Friday so he can't speak for what he was not a witness to. I was present at Ugboha, so I speak as a witness. Except the Catholic Church is trying to cover this because their parish priest at Saint Denis Catholic Church pleaded with the congregants to forgive APC's misgivings.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by greggng: 12:21am On Jan 15, 2015
from your postion on this issue one will understand that you re not been objective....you re just another pdp e-rat and puppet. How do you want an intelligent man like me to believe your story and also accept it? Every story has got three sides.....I ve heard from you, i have heard from oshobaba ....Finally , i have not heard from the parish priest you are talking about neither ve i heard from the catholic dioseses or the bishop of that area. I am a catholic and issues of this nature are taken seriously. Dont come here to score cheap political goal. As far as this matter is conern, this story is null and void and must be rejected by any sane person....i put it to you that you re not the spoke person of the victim neither are you authorised to speak on his behalf. watch ur mouth, catholics are not people you can bribe to cover a thing like this.Confess and be free now.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 5:39am On Jan 15, 2015
greggng:
from your postion on this issue one will understand that you re not been objective....you re just another pdp e-rat and puppet. How do you want an intelligent man like me to believe your story and also accept it? Every story has got three sides.....I ve heard from you, i have heard from oshobaba ....Finally , i have not heard from the parish priest you are talking about neither ve i heard from the catholic dioseses or the bishop of that area. I am a catholic and issues of this nature are taken seriously. Dont come here to score cheap political goal. As far as this matter is conern, this story is null and void and must be rejected by any sane person....i put it to you that you re not the spoke person of the victim neither are you authorised to speak on his behalf. watch ur mouth, catholics are not people you can bribe to cover a thing like this.Confess and be free now.
It's clear that your myopic view of life affects your objectivity greatly. Every human has got a price let alone the Catholics whose system it very politicize. Please don't let me get into the corruption in the Catholic organisation. I don't support any party neither am I asking you to believe me because myopic folks tend to always portray themselves objective. If you truly were, you wouldn't conclude me associated with pdp.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 5:44am On Jan 15, 2015
soulglo:

"When contacted on the phone, Reverend Father Stephen Okojie, Director, Benin Archdiocese Directorate of Communication, said he was yet to receive such information."
Father Stephen Okojie has no knowledge of anything happening. Maybe you should ask your parish priest what hospital his fellow priest is in so you guys can go visit him there. Are they hiding the priest?
I'm no Catholic, I happened to have attended their Sunday mass because I was there for the weekend and my folks had something doing in the service. And please I said he talked about it pleading with the congregants to forgive. It was already wide spread all over Ugboha.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 6:00am On Jan 15, 2015
Most religious or church going folks irrespective of their denomination tend to defend with all their being the organization and they should. Please the sooner you open up to the idea that your organization is not faultless the easier your objectivity. Everyone one of these organization have got their faults but that doesn't take away the mandate of Jehovah on the organization. To say the Catholics can't be bribed makes me hilarious. They are the experts in selling the message they want believed. All the new and upcoming religious organisations are still in kindergarten level. Maybe you should go and do an indebt research about the Romans Catholic organisation before you come here and open your ignorant mouth and say things you have no idea how they function.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by neocortex: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2015
APC and lawlessness are twins. We all know all the antics of Buhari , who disrespected the law he even made himself.

Oshiomole destroys Uniben VC's lodge based on politics even though their is a court order that restrained him from doing so. - ILLEGAL

Now Oshiomole beats up a Rev. Fr for using a road which was constructed using Tax Payers money - ILLEGAL and EVIL

GEJ:PROGRESS
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:35am On Jan 15, 2015
@Mogidi: what are you driving @? Do you realise Oshiomhole is a STAUNCH catholic member?? I laugh you! Keep deceiving your likes...in hope that the catholic diocese would respond to your lies...
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:45am On Jan 15, 2015
chrisja:

Rev Father Andrew wasn't at Ugboha on Friday so he can't speak for what he was not a witness to. I was present at Ugboha, so I speak as a witness. Except the Catholic Church is trying to cover this because their parish priest at Saint Denis Catholic Church pleaded with the congregants to forgive APC's misgivings.
Oga, I schooled @ Uniben...father Andrew Obinyan took over when I was in my final year...if there is ANYTHING he's known for, it's his fearless approach to sensitive matters and integrity!

Oshiomhole is an ardent catholic, that I know...even, when he came to do his 1year anniversary in office (2009), I was there live @ St Albert...

If it was anyother issue concerning Oshiomhole, I would have given it a benefit of doubt...but certainly NOT this issue...
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by chrisja(m): 7:16am On Jan 15, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Oga, I schooled @ Uniben...father Andrew Obinyan took over when I was in my final year...if there is ANYTHING he's known for, it's his fearless approach to sensitive matters and integrity!

Oshiomhole is an ardent catholic, that I know...even, when he came to do his 1year anniversary in office (2009), I was there live @ St Albert...

If it was anyother issue concerning Oshiomhole, I would have given it a benefit of doubt...but certainly NOT this issue...
Your believing this adds nothing to me. But if you are truly concerned about the truth, Ugboha is only 2000 Naira away from Benin. Take a trip there and interview the residents there. Anyway this is my last post as regards this issue. It's after all it doesn't put cash in my account.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by donfidelio(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2015
It is sad that many commentators here fell for a fabricated news item that originated from ITV. This TV station has since ceased to be independent and it is solely used to promote PDP agenda in Edo state. Has anyone asked why ITV is the only station that reported a priest was beaten by Oshiomhole aides. Why didn't NTA, AIT, Channels, Silverbird and EBS who also have stations in Edo state report the news, if it was true? It is easy to use a general term like "Oshiomhole Aides " Why didn't ITV tell viewers who the aides are, the car they drove, if they are political appointees or security personnel to the governor. Why has there not been an update about the incident from ITV, since the earlier bogus report. The Edo state government has reported ITV to the broadcast regulatory body. Let us wait and see the outcome of their investigation, before we draw conclusions on this matter.
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by mondob2k(m): 1:36pm On Jan 15, 2015
This is d pics of the priest that was beaten up. He was ordained Nov 2014.. pics were taken at his ordination ceremony

Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by mondob2k(m): 1:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
greggng:

i just uploaded the pics of the priest that was involvedd. if u want is phone no. i will give u. he is a bossom friend of mine. nobody hates Osho. He is jus a thug
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by mondob2k(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
People should learn to read before commenting. It is clearly stated in the article/report that the DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF BENIN said that HE HAS NOT RECEIVED SUCH INFORMATION. Now, how can the Arch diocesan secretariat not know that one of her priests was seriously beaten up by the Gov'nor's aide and is currently receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital IF the report by ITV is true? People like Igbinediom and PDP in Edo State and else where should tune down on baseless propaganda that can easily be exposed. Udo diri unu

The priest in question works for THE CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF UROMI not the ARCHDIOCESE OF BENIN so u should be asking the DIRECTOR OF COMMUNICATION CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF UROMI. St Dennis Ugboha is under Uromi Diocese..
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by mondob2k(m): 2:16pm On Jan 15, 2015
Plshavmercyamen:
And have the Rev. Father confirmed it? Were u at the scene of the incidence? Did ITV show clips to back up their devilish allegation? Nwanne m, ask questions. Intellectuals and educated minds ask questions while the very foolish and utterly clueless swallow everything hook, line and sinker. Udo diri gi

I spoke wit the priest involve Fr Udo. he has a forgiving spirit and said he doesnt want to talk abt the incident. some parts of his car were damaged too.

from the horse's mouth.

Udo diri gi kwa
Re: Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest by greggng: 2:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
I can see you re trying so hard to replicate what happened in imo state during ohakim era. I can assure you it won't work cos edo people re better informed. Let the victim come and defend himself or remain silent forever. You ve tried but I am not convince.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Inspects Armoured Personnel Carrier / Ben Bruce Laments About The Rejection Of His Bill For Electric Cars In Nigeria / Timeline Of Air Crashes In NIGERIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.