Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,983 members, 7,821,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe (916 Views)

APC Rejects Senator Theodore Orji, Former Abia Governor / Explain Borno, Adamawa Attacks, Fayose Tells Lai Mohammed / How Jonathan,Governors,Service Chiefs Prevailed On Tompolo To Shelve Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by gratiaeo(m): 8:20pm On Jan 14, 2015

Amid uncertainty over the possibility of elections holding in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe states next month, the All Progressives Congress, APC, has warned the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, against any plan to not conduct elections in the troubled North-East states.
On Monday, PREMIUM TIMES reported INEC’s condition for elections in the three states under emergency rule. Kayode Idowu, the Chief Press Secretary to Attahiru Jega, the Commission Chairman, said unless security of INEC’s staff is guaranteed, elections will not be conducted in the three states.
The APC Publicity Secretary, Lai Mohammed, in a telephone interview with PREMIUM TIMES, reiterated the opposition party’s call for elections in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states.
Mr. Mohammed said: “The issue is appearing as a ploy to ensure the tide of Boko Haram insurgency in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states is not stemmed so as to provide an excuse for not holding elections there.
“Federal Government and INEC know what they are doing. They are playing hide and seek game in this issue. Some days ago, the outgoing REC in Borno said only 12 of the 27 local government areas of the state would have elections. Later, he allegedly reversed himself, saying the elections would hold only in two.”
“If elections are not held in the North-east (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states), it favours them (PDP). Everybody knows how strong APC is in those states. So not having elections there is an act of causing us disadvantage. They have seen the figures of collection of Permanent Voters’ Cards, PVCs. They are terrified.”
Mr. Mohammed denied he was categorically accusing INEC of conspiracy with the PDP-controlled Federal Government to manipulate the process of elections to favour PDP, only because he had no evidence to back the claim.
“I am not saying INEC is working in cahoots with the PDP to manipulate the electoral process. But, this is our position, if eventually elections are not held in Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states, it confirms that INEC and the Federal Government have conspired to disenfranchise citizens of those states, most of whom are APC supporters, so as to give PDP undue advantage in the presidential election,” he said.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/174834-apc-rejects-plan-shelve-election-borno-adamawa-yobe.html
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Firefire(m): 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
issokay, let APC go and supervise the election at battle line

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by lacasa: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:
issokay, let APC go and supervise the election at battle line

That has been the GEJ plan ever since

Over 100,000 + deaths at wat cost?

PDP is a vampire party

#GMB's win will serve as vengeance for the victims of PDP's thirst for blood

"BOKOHARAM IS PDP" - Late NSAn ANDREW O. AZAZI

3 Likes

Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by dguyindcorner(m): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
you nail it mate.
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by SeverusSnape(m): 8:33pm On Jan 14, 2015
Its natural for APC to reject it, I would also do the same. But the question is this, Who is willing to go and conduct elections in war zones?...Corpers won't, I heard INEC staffs saying they cant, Then who will
The voters should just be taken to the various states capital to cast their votes; It's safer there.
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by atlwireles: 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
What difference will Yobe and Borno make in the election, none. APC will win any election no matter what century it's held. Nobody in PDP is contesting Borno or Yobe. We dash you both states.
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by theV0ice: 8:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
i don't blame INEC for whatever decision they take on this matter because we all are aware of the situation there but maybe we are getting closer to knowing who is sponsoring and benefiting from boko haram.

who will benefit more from no elections in the 3 states?

i leave us all to answer it to ourselves
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Gondonu: 8:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
[color=#000000][/color] Election is practically impossible in that region at this moment.Nigeria is sick there.
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by malele(m): 9:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
Hope there sons And daughters will Go thEre and vote
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Proxy001(m): 9:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
oh no!!! election must hold in those states and nothing can stop people of that region from exercising their franchise. btw-:
Disclaimer:- the above statement will only work if buhari Tinubu Otiku and all the other forces who have truly lived up to their word by making Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan surrender their biological children to Inec as electoral field officers in those boko torn region...
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by double0seven(m): 5:18am On Jan 15, 2015
elections can hold in those States is the FG does what they are supposed to do.....deploy thousands of troops to the whole region for the elections. That's what any reasonable FG will do. But no, GEJ won't have that. He is allowing Bokoharam have a field day just because he wants to win the elections.

Also, another thing that can be dome is for the elections in those three States to hold on the 12yth, two days before February 14. That way, the while resources of the Nigerians Military can be entirely concentrated on those 3 States.

You see, there are very plausible solutions to this delieama but GEJ is nor untreated in them. He wants votes of those states decimated because they are GMB's stronghold.

That GEJ is just a pretender who likes to act as if he cannot hurt a fly. It is so obvious. All of a sudden, Bokoharam just seems to be having their way with very little resistance from the military. Some governors have already called for more troops to be deployed to the region. But no, Mr. Jonathan just does as if he didn't hear at all.
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by mrvitalis(m): 5:29am On Jan 15, 2015
I hope Nigerians can now see which party has something to gain from boko haram ....
...now we know the real boko haram supporters
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by NaijaOptimist: 5:32am On Jan 15, 2015
We reject it in its entirety.

Election most hold in all state.

FeBuhari is here.

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Akon419(m): 5:49am On Jan 15, 2015
Lao Mohammed talking shiit all the time. We are talking about safety of life., why lai or lie Mohammed is only interested in winning election and who it favour. If I was INEC ,I will direct lia Mohammed to go and conduct election their by himself
Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 15, 2015
Am very sure man is addicted to koko, Am sure if those state were PDP state Apc would have supported the cancellation of election in those Area. These pple are fighting for their own selfish reason that's they don't give a damn abt the life of Nigerians in those affected Area

1 Like

Re: APC Rejects Plan To Shelve Election In Borno, Adamawa, Yobe by double0seven(m): 6:49am On Jan 15, 2015
Teedoe25:
Am very sure man is addicted to koko, Am sure if those state were PDP state Apc would have supported the cancellation of election in those Area. These pple are fighting for their own selfish reason that's they don't give a damn abt the life of Nigerians in those affected Area

even the people in those areas want exercise their rights to vote. So what exactly are you suggesting? That elections in the three States should be canceled? Are you telling me the FG does not have the capacity to brainstorm and come up with a solid strategy to checkmate Bokoharam and conduct elections in those three States?

If I was General in the Army or a security adviser, I would suggest elections in those three States be conducted first, two before other States so that the full human resources of the military can be fully concentrated in those areas. And I don't think for even a minute that I'm more knowledgeable than security advisers and strategist with decades of experience in the military.

The problem is the insincerity of the Jonathan led FG.

(1) (Reply)

JONATHAN: Anti- Rule Of Law President Defending Rule Of Law / Hausa In Certificate Exams In 1961—cambridge Exam Syndicate States / Before We Repeat June 12 By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.