Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard (36984 Views)

Buhari: 'elections Are Not Always Easy In Africa' / If Elections Are Held 100 Times , Mark Will Always Win -PDP Tells Onjeh / Attention: Ward 022, Ejigbo Lagos Is Being Rigged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by chrisviral(m): 7:33am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:
I was getting irritated by the writer's bias, but when I got to the point below:
I couldn't stomach the irritation anymore.

Firstly, the writer made it sound as though it is INEC's fault some people have decided not to go out and collect their PVCs!! Of course not all eligible voters have theirs ready (which is a lapse that cuts across all the geopolitical zones), but the writer tried to make it look as though people from "Jonathan's strongholds" are the worst hit. Does he have a proof of that??

INEC published a data detailing the percentage PVC collection as against what has been made available across the country and one saw that Lagos, which constitutes one of the major advantage of the opposition, was lagging behind with barely over 50% of cards available collected so far, while states like Akwa-Ibom has very large percentage (84% there about). I bet the writer is ignorant of this!!! Does INEC have to coerce voters to go out and collect their PVCs?? The answer is, NO!

And back to the highly disgraceful quote above; the writer stated the incidences of violence the opposition has suffered as though it were some minor thing that could easily be waved aside, yet when he mentioned those suffered by PDP, he sounded like heaven was about to fall!! Tell me, since he chose to use the words apart from, let me join him in the game of "trivialising": now, "apart from" the burning of Jonathan's bus and the destruction of his campaign posters, what other casualty has PDP suffered?? People (APC members) were shot at at in PH and their secretariat bombed, but the writer imagines these are of lesser severity compared to burning of a bus and destruction of posters from the tone of his voice!!shocked

How bias can a journalist be!!!

This write up is one of such things that fuel the violence the writer wants to make us believe he's preaching against. The guy must be restrained before he causes more harm.

When I got to that quote, I stopped and decided to check out the link. I wasn't surprised when I saw the name of the writer.

Smh.

Barcanista, my ban ends today. Will be back guns blazing!!! Donphilopus I dey hail oo.

What are you saying?
You're the one who is even more baised!
Whoever banned you, did a good job, you need two years un till you learn to understand english

4 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Toby30(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2015
Yomieluv:
a well written article,truth be said,election in Nigeria is do,or die

I don't know when its compulsory to serve your father's land,that the politicians now turned service to humanity as a do or die thing..

it shows the politicians are out there for personal interest, and nothing else.

Exactly! The ambitiousness is weigh too overbearing. I don't just understand. am not a fan of any party but I see no reason why the PDP supporters in the region where Buhari's supporters would be deprived of their constitutional right of freedom of expression. Well lets wait and see if same would happen on the election day at the point of election. Lets see if PDP supporters would have their hands navigated by the APC supporters to vote for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by zaedd: 7:35am On Jan 15, 2015
Oh this is coming from Vanguard! An abominably biased newspaper. I wish you will cease to exist for eternity.

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by ormios234: 7:36am On Jan 15, 2015
The truth is that Buhari and Jonathan would appreciate a peaceful election. They both won't rig any election. But they are just observers and those who conduct the elections get used by greedy party supporters. Those who are involved in violence are those whose greedy ambitions are not met. The bottom line is that all parties rig elections. The winner is not the best rigger but the smartest.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by ak4God(m): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2015
Lol!!Political slavery to the Ijaws.Azikiwe Ebele Jonathan.
SUBMARINE:
Nice write up

Unfortunately a lot of APC fans even on Nairaland are e terrorists.

This election is a victory GEJ must win in the spirit of equity as shown to the SW people

SS must have their complete 8years or APC should find other sources to fund their government and everyone should get ready to feed themselves.

As for we the people of SE, we are fully in support of SS right to 2 terms

Say No to political slavery cool

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:40am On Jan 15, 2015
No mind them. They are only on the media making unneccessary noise. We know how gej won the last election. Let's wait and see if he does that again. Useless people.

MansaMoussa:
Nonsense! While the Average Northerner is willing to stand in the Harmattan Cold from Dawn till Dusk to collect his PVC, His Eastern Counterpart would rather Stay in his Shop and expect INEC to bring the PVCs to him there!

Go and Collect Your PVCs and stop ranting on Media!

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2015
The writer couldn't hide his bias and subjective view. Wasn't it the same Vanguard that sometime published that the military has no idea of Buhari's certificate? I couldn't read beyond the second paragraph as I knew where the writer was heading to. It is sad that journalism in Nigeria is being used to satisfy some political thirst of a certain group of people. WHoever hasn't collected his/her PVC should go to his ward and do that rather than the PDP sponsored article trying to blackmail INEC. For the record, INEC should not succumb to any pressure to revert to TVC. The PVC must be used so as to minimise electoral fraud

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by legendidris: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2015
This is totally a bias writeup, to the writter, your level of thinking is very litle if you believe that your writeup could confused the wise one here. The PDP's plot to rigg the election has been exposed you don't have any hope than to accept defeat and let peace reign

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by CyberWolf: 7:41am On Jan 15, 2015
amakaobiemeka:
the money dangote, dantata, abacha etc control is more that the gross amount possesed by the ibos worldwide
Does that stop the rate of poverty,illiteracy and diseases among their people? Between Igbos and hausas/fulani/kanuris, who lives a better life?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by vicogu76(m): 7:43am On Jan 15, 2015
pekeyim:
Tell me Smth

Nice write up, but I would admit that the writer is a bit biased in favour of GEJ.

But points raised are valid indeed.

Why are Northern peeps not allowing PDP to campaign freely up North like He is enjoying in the SS and SE, Even in the President's home state Bayelsa State no one harassed or is harassing them.

People up North should turn a new leaf fotr things to work.
despirate fool they derive pleasure in violence they want their aboki bro to rule by force pdp 4life

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by etin06(m): 7:44am On Jan 15, 2015
Yes ooo i agree with you. i have personally gone to collect my PVC on two occasions the inec staff refuse to give me giving me one silly excuse or the other and asking me to come back another day i guess dey have sold the PVC

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:
I was getting irritated by the writer's bias, but when I got to the point below:

Firstly, the writer made it sound as though it is INEC's fault some people have decided not to go out and collect their PVCs!! Of course not all eligible voters have theirs ready (which is a lapse that cuts across all the geopolitical zones), but the writer tried to make it look as though people from "Jonathan's strongholds" are the worst hit. Does he have a proof of that??

INEC published a data detailing the percentage PVC collection as against what has been made available across the country and one saw that Lagos, which constitutes one of the major advantage of the opposition, was lagging behind with barely over 50% of cards available collected so far, while states like Akwa-Ibom has very large percentage (84% there about). I bet the writer is ignorant of this!!! Does INEC have to coerce voters to go out and collect their PVCs?? The answer is, NO!

And back to the highly disgraceful quote above; the writer stated the incidences of violence the opposition has suffered as though it were some minor thing that could easily be waved aside, yet when he mentioned those suffered by PDP, he sounded like heaven was about to fall!! Tell me, since he chose to use the words apart from, let me join him in the game of "trivialising": now, "apart from" the burning of Jonathan's bus and the destruction of his campaign posters, what other casualty has PDP suffered?? People (APC members) were shot at at in PH and their secretariat bombed, but the writer imagines these are of lesser severity compared to burning of a bus and destruction of posters from the tone of his voice!!shocked

This write up is one of such things that fuel the violence the writer wants to make us believe he's preaching against. The guy must be restrained before he causes more harm.

When I got to that quote, I stopped and decided to check out the link. I wasn't surprised when I saw the name of the writer.

Smh.

Barcanista, my ban ends today. Will be back guns blazing!!! Donphilopus I dey hail oo.
Nice input. The writer couldn't hide his bias, I spotted it from the opening paragraph and it became more visible in the second paragraph. Instead of to mobilise people to go out to take their PVC, the writer was being mischievous

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:46am On Jan 15, 2015
a very one sided and violent instigating article. mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by blaqoracle: 7:46am On Jan 15, 2015
Redoil:
and at the end of the day our igbo brothers will still vote and remain rich while our arewa brothers will vote and continue to remain poor shoe shinner. I hope their claw mark face brothers will not come and defend them
yet the richest african is an Hausa man. dangote is richer than all the igbos put together.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Iroh88(m): 7:46am On Jan 15, 2015
chrisviral:

What are you saying?
You're the one who is even more baised!
Whoever banned you, did a good job, you need two years un till you learn to understand english
Why don't you pick out the faults in what I said and let's thrash them out instead of the rubbish you just typed??

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by queencalipso(f): 7:46am On Jan 15, 2015
I pity GEJ while buhari is enjoying a smooth ride in the ss and se his supporters here are being intimidated and threatened with death. Sometimes whe I read here how the ss ad se bRothers are clamouring for buhari it makes me wonder,hmm if only they live in the north the northern christains don't want buhari. I ve no problem with apc I only have a problem with buhari bcz that name alone is violence on its own. Here in some part of the north if u r not a buhari suporter you dare not argue about that else you will be. Attacked. While in camp we were adviced not to argue politics with any one can u imagine not being able to exercise your right for fear of being attacked just ordinary disribution of pvc here some one wa s stabed to death. No corper is willing to participate in the election everyone is planning to travel b4 the election. If only you ewarriors know how tense the atmosphere is here in the north u will only be praying for nigeria and not fighting each other on the internet. Mind u if north has the highest no of pvc collection it means nothing because there are also a lot of northerner who will vote GEJ. B4 u start shouting that I know nothing about the north I am a northerer by birth not by origin and I ve lived there all my life. If only apc had fielded another cadidate may be just may be we will be able to exercise our right without fear. As I type this now, people are selling off their properties and relocating some will come back after the election. Buhari has brought nothing but fear, intimidation and violence in nothern nigeria. Only God will save us in this election.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by blaqoracle: 7:47am On Jan 15, 2015
psucc:
If APC had wanted to control the central govt, they would have picked SS candidate but with BH, they still want to return us to political slavery which is roundly condemned.

SS must complete their term or else they should use then groundnut pyramid to fund their govt and perhaps their country.

We can't be fool again.
evev your oil is becoming worthless by the day.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by emiye(m): 7:50am On Jan 15, 2015
Iroh88:

Smh.

Exactly. What a biased writer. APC has suffered violence from PDP than the other way round. Inec distribution of PVc's has also been fraught with administrative lapses from Inec in the sw, an APC stronghold. Lagos for example had its over 6 million registered voters reduced to less than 5 million . Even Fashola does not have a PVC yet.

The traditional chief who awarded Buhari a chieftancy title has been tossed out from its leadership position in broad day bigotry from an institution.

3 Likes

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2015
etin06:
Yes ooo i agree with you. i have personally gone to collect my PVC on two occasions the inec staff refuse to give me giving me one silly excuse or the other and asking me to come back another day i guess dey have sold the PVC

Is that INEC staff a southerner or a northerner? Answer the question before you accuse any northerner.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by calaway: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2015
blaqoracle:
yet the richest african is an Hausa man. dangote is richer than all the igbos put together.
riches man because ABACHA gave him the sole licenses to import rice,sugar and salt for the entire Nation, even a goat give this undue quota advantage will be the richest goat in world. Imagine if an igbo man was given that advantage he would be the richest man IN THE WORLD.
qouta system favors only a group why?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by cmart09(m): 7:51am On Jan 15, 2015
Those PVCs that are not collect will be use by us de PDP secretly in case ya don no.
Every boby will be surprised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
emiye:

Exactly. What a biased writer. APC has suffered violence from PDP than the other way round. Inec distribution of PVc's has also been fraught with administrative lapses from Inec in the sw, an APC stronghold. Lagos for example had its over 6 million registered voters reduced to less than 5 million . Even Fashola does not have a PVC yet.

The traditional chief who awarded Buhari a chieftancy title has been tossed out from its leadership position in broad day bigotry from an institution.

Don't worry about the Abis Council of traditional rulers, their action is null and void.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by PEREP: 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
GMBb said yesterday during the Mini conference to sign a peace pact that 'It is almost impossible to take power from ruling party in Nigeria LEGITIMATELY'

This means there are Illegimatimate means in the pipeline.

Nigerians, shine your eyes. GMB is used to Coup plotting and he believes it is right.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by funshint(m): 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
Very stupid, biased and one sided writeup. What of APC members being intimidated and attacked daily in the SE/SS.?! What else do U̶̲̥̅̊ expect from a saTANic paper!
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by fanex: 7:52am On Jan 15, 2015
from your write-up it is clear you went to school only that you failed to get an education. SS, SE, SW or whatever. shouldn't we concentrate on how to collectively better our lives instead of tribalism. vote the better man. the principle of fairness has its limits.

i will however not be voting because there isn't a viable alternative. what can a 72 year old man bring to the table? if APC wins today foreign security will be recruited by the government and the major oil companies to man the oil blocks and the cost deducted from the monthly allocation of the whichever state starts any trouble. GEJ only had mercy on the militants because hes from that region.
SUBMARINE:
Nice write up

Unfortunately a lot of APC fans even on Nairaland are e terrorists.

This election is a victory GEJ must win in the spirit of equity as shown to the SW people

SS must have their complete 8years or APC should find other sources to fund their government and everyone should get ready to feed themselves.

As for we the people of SE, we are fully in support of SS right to 2 terms

Say No to political slavery cool
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by makzeze: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
#OperationkickGEJout

Sai Buhari
Sai Osinbajo
Sai APC
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by biilwwu(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
This report is one sided, provision of PVC is duty of inec so you can't blaim any party for that, in River state some APC's campaign office was blown off, In Akwa ibom one APC member was beaten to death for defacing poster of PDP's candidate.
My advise is all should embrace peace, any human's live you destroy because of election , the blood will be on your head.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by repogirl(f): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
Question: Northern youths, why deprive the president the right to campaign? Why be violent and threaten the lives of people with opposing views? Why not instead speak through your votes come February 14th?

Answer: Na illiteracy cause am.

1 Like

Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by DesChyko: 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
MansaMoussa:
Nonsense! While the Average Northerner is willing to stand in the Harmattan Cold from Dawn till Dusk to collect his PVC..

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of their desire to become educated. They live, breathing propaganda.
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by etin06(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2015
ilugunboy:

Is that INEC staff a southerner or a northerner? Answer the question before you accuse any northerner.
the staff is a southerner an iteskiri. all this happen in warri north local govt area of delta state
Re: How The Elections Are Already Being Rigged - Vanguard by Almadny(m): 7:55am On Jan 15, 2015
Pains me a lot!!!
I bliv dat anybody wo is able to use nairaland is educated to some extent but it's unfortunate to observe dat they sound as illiterate!!! Pple threaten violence if d elections is not in their favour and so i see no difference wit dos illiterates dat av no future! !! Violence can only jeopardize u, and d so called president children wil fly out of d country!! As educated felows i xpt us to think and not b brainwashed like illiterates. One thing is certain!!! Whether you are from SE, SW, SS, NC, NE, NY or you r a Muslim, or Christian, wen it's tym to suffer or enjoy from woeva is ruling, we will all sufer or enjoy together!!! ! Pls nlers, dis is just wat i perceive abt d whole stuff, let reason like pple wo have future!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers / Buhari: It Makes No Sense For Oil To Be Cheaper In Nigeria Than Saudi Arabia / Photos From The Burial Of Bello Baba-ari, NAF Pilot Who Died In Jet Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.