Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better (9947 Views)

Three Nigerian Films In Top Competition At FILM AFRICA 2016 In London / Top 10 Nigerian Films Waiting To Be Made And The Recommended Directors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by safarigirl(f): 9:51am On Feb 12, 2015
meshacha1:
Which aspect is it getting better?
Is it on shooting, crime act?
Abeg e
Home video is for Nigerian girls
While foreign is for Naija guys
thank God you said 'home vvideo'...these are cinema releases, for people that have money to watch, not just the 200 naira/4 parts Asaba productions

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by iSmalles(m): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2015
I TIRE OH[color=#990000][/color]
charix:
If you're not ready to post your full writeup here, carry it and go!!!
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by Johnnoo(m): 10:10am On Feb 12, 2015
Can't remember last time I watched one undecided
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by JoeCutie(m): 10:12am On Feb 12, 2015
You only see a nice Nigerian film, if it was written & or directed by a foreigner, or a Nigerian who learnt his/her trade abroad. Again, very nice & enjoyable Nigerian films are ones that star mostly, new & uncommon faces.

Think of:
Half of a yellow sun
Mr. & Mrs.
The cry of the sun
etc

But all these things written & directed by them Chikere Chikelue, Modupe Moluwe, Osondi Owendi, Osibanjo Obasanjo etc, they are trash. undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by missionmex(m): 10:56am On Feb 12, 2015
I love 30 days I Atlanta. Off the hook
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by alobam1: 11:35am On Feb 12, 2015
Its because those Movie Producers are not into the aspect of shooting Movies that has to do with Juju and witches and Wizards..They shoot everyday Nigerian Scenes not showing an individual battling some terrestial forces

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by gustav25: 12:17pm On Feb 12, 2015
Picks up my system
Goes through the ranks of my great indian flicks
Chooses MY NAME IS KHAN
Ghajini is next in line
Then remembers today is exactly 5 years since the release of my name is khan

Feeling emotional
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by 1miccza: 12:18pm On Feb 12, 2015
lynx200:

You are so right Sholay. We have to follow best practices in what we do but all we do in this country is embrace mediocrity. For your information I heard that the major US film studios are plotting to come here to set up production and distribution facilities. Its high time we shape up. I like what the new nollywood guys are doing but the distribution and lack of cinemas is a major problem. Maybe if the Video on demand offerings improve they could be a good way for filmmakers to monetize their products.

Yeah that's typical of them out there even as we strive to be better we should also keep our standards,tradition,practices and beliefs in our movie productions. Thumbs up naija!!!
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by Euckybaby(f): 12:19pm On Feb 12, 2015
obum88:
This
writeup
is
as
uninteresting
as
nollywood
movies.
really?
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by 1miccza: 12:21pm On Feb 12, 2015
alobam1:
Its because those Movie Producers are not into the aspect of shooting Movies that has to do with Juju and witches and Wizards..They shoot everyday Nigerian Scenes not showing an individual battling some terrestial forces

Yeah you are right those movies aren't bad but everyone of our script shouldn't be about that...
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
free2ryhme:
angry angry

nollywood na child' play
if u watch noollywood wit adult brain u wil no its childs play
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 12:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
sholay2011:

Oga, how far? This 'Ida' has been scooping gongs all over the place for 'Best Foreign film'. Even though I'm not a filmmaker, explain this 'unconventional' framing you mentioned and what makes the film great. It's about sisters (nuns) right?

Ida was shot on 1:33:1 an aspect ratio of the academy and 35mm. Other ratios are
1:85:1 and 2:35:1 or 2:40:1 scope cinema. Or widescreen cinema commonly used on most movies. 1:78:1 is mainly used by IMAX. Both 1:851 and 1:78:1 can be easily derived from ur regular 16:9 the ratio of a flatscreen tv.
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by Onegai(f): 12:41pm On Feb 12, 2015
I'm going to watch the Sound Sultan movie, it sounds nice.
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by nathaniel98(m): 10:12pm On Feb 12, 2015
Saying that a vision which can b accomplish by oneself does not wot it.My vision needs serious asistance.I have written a movie script and still written some,please i need asistance.my email:olujobi.nathanielfemi@gmail.com[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by Okags: 4:13pm On Feb 13, 2015
come learn how to make good movies

Re: Opinion: Nigerian Films Are Getting Better by Qoaki3k: 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2015

(1) (2) (Reply)

BBA Stargame: Goldie Up For Eviction - Do We Save Her Or Not? / Britain's Got Talent...who's watching?? / The Village Headmaster TV Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.