Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,459 members, 7,958,377 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:31 PM

Kalabari Proverbs - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Kalabari Proverbs (2682 Views)

Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings. / Nigeria Pidgin Proverbs & Their Meanings / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalabari Proverbs by VickieZion(f): 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2015
I am a student of the University of Port harcourt and I'm working on an assignment in oral literature,I was asked to do any form of oral literature and I'm working on proverbs so please I need proverbs in my dialect(Kalabari) translated to English too.I have not seen anybody around that can write in Kalabari but I expect to get positive results here.thanks.
KALABARI is a place in RIVERS STATE in NIGERIA.
Re: Kalabari Proverbs by bigfrancis21: 2:10pm On Jan 15, 2015
VickieZion:
I am a student of the University of Port harcourt and I'm working on an assignment in oral literature,I was asked to do any form of oral literature and I'm working on proverbs so please I need proverbs in my dialect(Kalabari) translated to English too.I have not seen anybody around that can write in Kalabari but I expect to get positive results here.thanks.
KALABARI is a place in RIVERS STATE in NIGERIA.

Can you speak Kalabari?
Re: Kalabari Proverbs by dabosuker(m): 2:40am On Jan 16, 2015
me i can"t o, can any of you?
Re: Kalabari Proverbs by VickieZion(f): 9:57am On Jan 16, 2015
bigfrancis21:

Can you speak Kalabari?

Partially.do you have proverbs for me?
Re: Kalabari Proverbs by bigfrancis21: 4:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
VickieZion:

Partially.do you have proverbs for me?

Not really. I was just wondering if you could speak the language and wanted to add that if you can, at least, speak the language you would be also able to write the proverbs and maybe have someone check it for correctness and syntax.

(1) (Reply)

History : The Kingdom Of Benin (BBC) / Beuty of Africa / Which Of The Nigerian Local Languages Would You Like To Learn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.