Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Fortune Had Always Favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Until ...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fortune Had Always Favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Until ...... (688 Views)

Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima / Ministerial List: How Buhari’s Last Minute Change Favoured Ngige / Jonathan Favoured To Win $5mil Mo Ibrahim Prize For African Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fortune Had Always Favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Until ...... by bilymuse: 12:47pm On Jan 15, 2015
[size=28pt]Fortune had always favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan until ......[/size]

The astronomical rise of Jonathan to the presidency looks like a tale from moonlight that bewildered children. Goodluck like his name suggest, had always punch above his weight, pushed forward by a mysterious force. At every major turn in his life, he always benefited from another person's demise, and someone always fought his battle for him. When Alamieyeseigha tried to challenge his karma, by stuttering back to Bayelsa to claim his governorship position, he ended up in prison. Yaradua was rushed back to Aso Rock, to claim back his presidency, which was slipping away, he ended in the grave. Clearing the way for Jonathan to ascend the most sought after job in the land, without lifting a finger. Then the gods were smiling at him.

During the 2011 election, without any boss to contend with, Jonathan hoodwinked voters with a tale of how he used to walk to school without shoe. We all fell for it, and gave him a blind cheque for four more years. At the height of the summit, Jonathan started believing in his own invincibility at the expense of the general populace. The world was in his pocket and he squandered his good luck. A river that forgets its source would in no time dry up.

Come 2015, anarchy, pain, poverty, hunger, death, is everywhere in the land, the center cannot hold; suddenly the gods spat on his face, like a deity from a Greek tragedy he must negotiate his destiny like mere mortals. His lucky charm has deserted him. Without his lucky Trojan horse to guide his route, every major turn becomes a mistake. Every time the president open his mouth he seems to shoot himself in the foot: former president is a tout (but you want his endorsement), NADECO members are hypocrite (but you want their support), stealing is not corruption (then what is it), my generation has failed (thanks, you can now leave) Nwobodo was jailed for stealing money that cannot buy a car ( I rest my case). Those whom the gods wish to destroy, they first make mad.

Like the coming of a new summer, everything started changing. The gods switch allegiance and smile at the opposition. Febuhari, sorry I mean Buhari who is label as unelectable suddenly becomes the beautiful bride. Even clergy men who once called him anti-Christ now proclaim him an angel. Despite all the personal attacks, Nigerians are flocking to Febuhari course in their droves. Victor Ikpeba captured the nation mood when he tweeted, “Even if Buhari presents NEPA bill as certificate, I will vote for him. E don reach that level”. On the question of his age, another Nigerian declared, "Even if Buhari is on wheelchair I will vote for him".

The truth about Jonathan is that the gods has deserted him, they abandoned him at the summit and there is nowhere to go except down. There is nothing neither he nor anybody can do about it. Father Mbaka captured the transformation in his New Year message when he proclaimed that Jonathan is now bad luck. Buhari sun is shining brightly, while that of Jonathan is fast disappearing on the horizon. No power on earth can stop the sun from shining, come February 2015, Buhari will be president.
Re: Fortune Had Always Favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Until ...... by lekkie073(m): 12:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
GEJ till 2019
Re: Fortune Had Always Favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Until ...... by Truth24(m): 1:03pm On Jan 15, 2015
lekkie073:
GEJ till 2019
I tell u, me and my family sef

2 Likes

Re: Fortune Had Always Favoured Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Until ...... by bilymuse: 10:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
Kkk

(1) (Reply)

I Cannot Understand Buhari's Spoken English. / APGA, Ohakim backs Jonathan, Ihedioha (photo) / May Al

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.