Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,585 members, 7,955,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. (72061 Views)

Amunike, Gaurdiola And Mourinho In The Same Picture. A Blast From The Past. / 10 Highest Paid WWE Wrestlers In 2015 / How Do Wrestlers Bleed? How Real Are The Injuries? Wwe's Darkest Secrets Reveale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Blackkie: 1:43pm On Mar 21, 2015
That name is Mighty Igor not mighty eagle.

Redoil:
Dont forget our own "power uti" and "mighty eagle". I know only few people will know them because 95% of nairalanders are indomie generation. If you know these names click share
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Blackkie: 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
Pure indomie generation.
Sile12:

grin

Actually that name "Mighty Eagle" sounds familiar but dont actually know him. People refers to those who believes in themselves when it comes to fighting or displaying of physical strength in our area back then. Just like asking someone 2day "u b van damme?"
Then you said he fought last in 1982, my papa mama never collabo that time na not to talk of....Started seeing wrestling as a kid on OSRC and NTA Akure around early 90s.
So bros I b red Palp, white palp (packaged 4 leave) and bitter Agbo generation o.....
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Blackkie: 1:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
Wrestling watched with black and white television every Saturday evening:-

Mill Mascaras
Mighty Igor
Andre the Giant
The Von Eric brothers
Argentina Apollo
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 21, 2015
Blackkie:
Pure indomie generation.

Thank ugrin
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by UuzbaGuuzba: 2:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Money, money, money, money, money. ...

Some might cost a little. (Song)
Some might cost a lot . (Song)
But I'm the million dollar man. (Song)
And you will be bought! (Hahahaha)

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by themanderon: 3:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
Sile12:
15. DEMOLITION.
This guys were known back in the days as the legion of doom.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by purplekayc(m): 3:33pm On Mar 21, 2015
Sile12:
2. THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR.
dead
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by purplekayc(m): 3:39pm On Mar 21, 2015
Them just dey deceive us undecided
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by armadeo(m): 3:44pm On Mar 21, 2015
i just gorged myself on old wrestling vids on you tube. i got stuck on the undertaker entrances into the ring.

now that guy made an entrance. the music was eerie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XakYl_YIVOg
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by coalcoal1(m): 4:13pm On Mar 21, 2015
I remember in the early 80s while growing up... the popular ones then were
mighty Igor
mil mascaras and
Argentina Apollo.
it was so fascinating then. brings big smiles of fond memories
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Aeman(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
Waitin de smell aabi she sombody don mess
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by ukandi1(m): 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
bomasek:
Bros na u kill Sgt Slaughter?

Yes ke...
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by bomasek(m): 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
ukandi1:

Yes ke...
He's alive
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by themanderon: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
kuuljay:
the undertaker then is not the same with the one presently
He is the same person, just that he has aged now.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Caveatemptor(m): 5:55pm On Mar 21, 2015
My favourite wrestlers were guys who fought with blood and guts.
My favourite wrestler of all time was the late D1ck the bulldog Brower,a complete psycho in the ring. He didn't care for any techniques. Every match was a brawl to him and he used everything he could lay his hands upon to win a match. He would bite,gouge eyes and claw skin to win a match. He enjoyed inflicting pain on his opponents and his bouts with Mighty Igor and Abdullah the butcher are classics on the IWA.
Please check him out on Youtube. Todays mamby pamby wrestlers couldn't carry his shoes.
RIP,BROWER POWER!!!
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Caveatemptor(m): 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2015
There is this match where Brower beats up the Mighty Igors manager. It is a classic. Check ot out on Youtube.
Damn! Blood and guts!
Nostalgia!
They dont make them like that again.
RIP. BROWER POWER.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by themanderon: 6:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
Caveatemptor:
My favourite wrestlers were guys who fought with blood and guts.
My favourite wrestler of all time was the late D1ck the bulldog Brower,a complete psycho in the ring. He didn't care for any techniques. Every match was a brawl to him and he used everything he could lay his hands upon to win a match. He would bite,gouge eyes and claw skin to win a match. He enjoyed inflicting pain on his opponents and his bouts with Mighty Igor and Abdullah the butcher are classics on the IWA.
Please check him out on Youtube. Todays mamby pamby wrestlers couldn't carry his shoes.
RIP,BROWER POWER!!!
wrestling of those days always kept us on our heels with excitement and thrills even though it was scripted unlike the bland predictable nonsense we now have today.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Caveatemptor(m): 6:14pm On Mar 21, 2015
themanderon:

wrestling of those days always kept us on our heels with excitement and thrills even though it was scripted unlike the bland predictable nonsense we now have today.

At the time I watched those bouts,I never knew they were scripted.
It was fun though and at times I go back on youtube to catch up on my youth.
I don't watch wrestling any more except I just stumble upon it and I got to say todays scripts are too poor.
There are no characters in wrestling any more.
Sad.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by holums(m): 6:48pm On Mar 21, 2015
Greg "The Hammer" Valentine

1 Like

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by holums(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2015
Iron Sheik (Col Mustafa)

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by holums(m): 7:09pm On Mar 21, 2015
Dusty Rhodes

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by kuuljay(m): 7:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
themanderon:

He is the same person, just that he has aged now.
why not research very well before commenting cos I was a bit amazed when I did my own research Internet is your friend bro
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by donbenie(m): 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2015
Sile12:
15. DEMOLITION.
No,they were not known as Demolition rather Legion of Doom..
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by donbenie(m): 11:16pm On Mar 21, 2015
Ishilove:

Mighty Igor I know, Mascara, i don't.
Mil Mascaras,the man with a million masks..Mexicos greatest wrestling export,father to Wrestler, Alberto Del Rio..
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by donbenie(m): 11:45pm On Mar 21, 2015
arusoncd:
GEJ while fighting all the
corrupt cabals said:
"Prevention is better than
cure.". While Buhari said:
"Allow them to steal or loot
then put them to jail." Now
which one is better?
So how many corrupt cabals have GEJ prevented from corruption?
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by donbenie(m): 11:53pm On Mar 21, 2015
stigman:

Ur head dey there my brother, let me add, Lex lugan, new age outlaws, hunter -HHH ( triple H now), mankind, chain saw, mr T, sean mcman, jerry lawren (the king), hoooo ho ( the man with wood, have forgotten his name)
Hacksaw Jim Dugan..
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by stigman(m): 1:28am On Mar 22, 2015
donbenie:
Hacksaw Jim Dugan..

Thanks
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Biggyd2: 7:43am On Mar 22, 2015
Una no remeber
Jessie 'the body' Ventura
Virgil
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by ukandi1(m): 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2015
bomasek:
He's alive

thats what u shud hvae said. Its simple but u choose to show d nigerian in u. These guys are our heroes and no one would wish them death. Its so sad seeing some pass away.
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by Senjuchiha: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2015
Sting
Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by sportbetting86(m): 3:05am On Mar 27, 2015
TO ALL FANS AND LOVERS FOOTBALL MERRY BET IS THE FASTEST PAYING ONLINE SPORT BETTING COMPANY IN NIGERIA WITH 100% BONUS ON FIRST DEPOSIT AND HIGH ODDS, LIVE CASION, AND MANY MORE REGISTER THROUGH THIS LINK http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate223151

I want you fans and Lovers of Football not to be deceived by people and because Merry Bet is the Fastest Online Sport Betting Company In Nigeria today.. With Instant Customer Service Protection and many more.. REGISTER THROUGH THIS LINK http://www./Odds/registration/affiliate223151

A trial will convince you because we are the fastest and not just that Largest Bonus and Odds to top it all bonus..

Think Sport.. Think Merry Bet

Were Champions Play..

Re: Some Popular WWF Wrestlers From The Past. by M4gunners: 11:44am On Mar 27, 2015
Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior were making name everywhere you go back then. But the person that is making the show is Undertaker . Whenever u hear that his sound mehn.I will leave everything am doing inside house and run to the sitting room.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Buys MiM Hotel (Photos) / Giovani Dos Santos' Leg Torn Open In Horror Injury (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Boards His CR7 Private Jet In Style (Pictured)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.