Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,108 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Dealing With A Corrupt LGI - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Dealing With A Corrupt LGI (3174 Views)

My LGI My Problem / My LGI Implicated Me. / #save Our Soul Our New Li Is Corrupt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by otunbabadok(m): 5:43am On Jan 16, 2015
National youth service is a scheme which is a necessity for every undergraduate that is 30 or under years of age after you've obtained your B.sc, HND or their equivalent in a tertiary institution. After leaving the compulsory 3 weeks NYSC leadership orientation camp the next up is your documentation at the Local government Secretariat where you'll meet the NYSC local government Inspector. Some of this LGIs have so bastardized the office and its always a center of corruption. Currently we are faced with a problem of such corrupt leader here that has turned Corp members to investments in Delta state here. He will post Corp member to private schools all in the name of stipends he gets from the school owners without even considering any welfare package the schools have for the corp members. Funny enough now there is a trend of sacking the corp members which the LGI couldn't something about. Please fellow Nigerians what do you suggest we do? Front page please.
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by Nobody: 1:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Write an anonymous letter to your state coordinator include proof of corrupt practices against the LGI if available. Make sure whatever you submit cannot be traced back to you.
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by ArchEnemy(m): 1:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
Chai. Naija shaaa. Runs everywhere
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by ArchEnemy(m): 1:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
0rex:
Write an anonymous letter to your state coordinator include proof of corrupt practices against the LGI if available. Make sure whatever you submit cannot be traced back to you.
grin until you buy guguru near d secetariat oneday and you recognise your handwritting on the paper only to discover it was the 'revealing' letter you wrote

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
ArchEnemy:
grin until you buy guguru near d secetariat oneday and you recognise your handwritting on the paper only to discover it was the 'revealing' letter you wrote
Lol...
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by XtraSmooth404: 7:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
ArchEnemy:
lol leave the guy, I dey laugh sef. @OP, while in camp, I was posted to one private school. When I got the posting letter, the school's name sounded so nice that I was kinda excited i'll be teaching in a standard school. I got there and was totally disappointed. The a*shole principal thought he was even doing me a favor by accepting me. I told him to reject me, then under reason for rejection the guy wrote ''Corps member not comfortable with conditions''. I had to press some buttons to arrive in a government secondary school with enough free time at my disposal grin
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
grin
Even though the OP does not seem to be following, let me state that a letter does not have to be on paper. SCs have phones & e-mail addresses.
Why don't you previous posters give your own advice on the subject matter too?
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

lol leave the guy, I dey laugh sef. @OP, while in camp, I was posted to one private school. When I got the posting letter, the school's name sounded so nice that I was kinda excited i'll be teaching in a standard school. I got there and was totally disappointed. The a*shole principal thought he was even doing me a favor by accepting me[b]. I told him to reject me, then under reason for rejection the guy wrote ''Corps member not comfortable with conditions''[/b]. I had to press some buttons to arrive in a government secondary school with enough free time at my disposal grin
He rejected you just like that? I've been begging this Manager to reject me for 4 days he hasn't bulged an inch. I hope my meeting with the LGI pays off tho
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by XtraSmooth404: 9:40pm On Feb 17, 2015
Twisting:
He rejected you just like that? I've been begging this Manager to reject me for 4 days he hasn't bulged an inch. I hope my meeting with the LGI pays off tho
There is endless supply of corps members to schools. I later discovered he barely had up to 4 permanent teachers, relies on corpers 24/7. Find a reason, you could use non-provision of accommodation as an excuse. However the LGIs have their price tags, play your cards well.
Re: Dealing With A Corrupt LGI by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 18, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

There is endless supply of corps members to schools. I later discovered he barely had up to 4 permanent teachers, relies on corpers 24/7. Find a reason, you could use non-provision of accommodation as an excuse. However the LGIs have their price tags, play your cards well.
bro, I really hope I find a way through. I already have a request letter from a government school. Imagine the Manager calling my sister to ask if I know what I'm doing? I wrote a letter stating non-provision of accommodation, distance and the technicality of the work, he declined he said he won't give me the rejection letter coz of those reasons that I should work my way through it. I now said it's in the way of my football training before he typed the rejection letter on his lappy. Only for him to direct me to LGI for final clearance just to collect a rejection letter.

(1) (Reply)

My NYSC Experience / August Alawee / Nysc Stream 2 Batch B 2016. Lets Know Your Posting....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.