Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,722 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants (2857 Views)

Bayelsa Guber Race: MEND Issues Stern Warning To The Presidency / Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant / War Threats: Niger Delta Ex-militants Give Danjuma 7-day Ultimatum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by LRNZH(m): 6:40am On Jan 16, 2015

Ernest Chinwo in Port Harcourt.
The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has issued a seven-day ultimatum to former militants opposed to its adoption of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to have a rethink or face the wrath of the movement.

The movement said the former militants should reject President Goodluck Jonathan and declare their support for Buhari or face the wrath of the movement.

In a statement on-line entitled: ‘Ultimatum to the Vultures Who Call Themselves Former Commanders/Militants’ and signed by Jomo Gbomo, MEND said it was reacting to the “empty musings by some of our hungry compatriots, who were incidentally a part of the struggle for the liberation of the Niger Delta, on the issue of our declaration of support for Buhari.”

The statement said: “We are aware that there are some bad eggs in our fold and these are people who are ready to eat today and sell their future because of the morsel of porridge they are getting from their benefactors. Among such people are Gen. Pastor Reuben Wilson and Gen. Paul Eris, alias Ogunboss who recently went to the media to disgrace themselves, claiming to be supporting the clueless and visionless Goodluck Jonathan on sentimental grounds.

“We are aware that they must have been paid by their ogas at the top to fight their family and we are not surprised; just that it is worrisome that they have chosen to die for a man who cannot do anything tangible for his state, or his people, or even those of them the freedom fighters who are now carrying his cross and staking their future and name for a cause that will not yield anything.

“It was even shocking that Gen. Pastor had to go all the way in Uyo to do a campaign for Jonathan who does not deserve any support. Whatever peanuts they are getting today should not be the reason for them to sell their conscience in the name of supporting the president against Buhari.

“No matter what Jonathan must have given them today, it cannot be compared to what the future has in stock for us, with Buhari. So, we have decided to stay on with Buhari because we know that with him, there will be a better Nigeria where corruption and insurgency will be a thing of the past.

“Our decision to support Buhari is total and final. That is what the likes of Gen Wilson and Gen Ogunboss should know. They can eat from Jonathan’s table for all we care. But they should also watch their back.

“They may not have realised the consequences of their action today. That is why we are giving them seven days to retrace their steps, reject Jonathan and come to where they are supposed to belong. As we get ready to launch Hurricane No Return, we are urging them repent and join the train for change. It will be in their best interest to stop their tirade and advise themselves properly; otherwise they will regret their actions.

“Our mission is change. It does not matter who will bring the change. If Buhari is the man that can come with the change that Nigerians need, so be it; he has our support. We will continue to support him. You will hear from us on this matter again, soon.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/mend-issues-ultimatum-to-anti-buhari-ex-militants/199339/

7 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by olaweey: 6:48am On Jan 16, 2015
Hehe.The drama in Nigerian politics is soo interesting.If it was a movie,na to take Oscar...

6 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by LRNZH(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2015
Ol boy shocked

I hope GMB intervenes in this issue.

Of course MEND is completely right that GMB is the change we need and for supporting him as President of choice.

But no need to use violence for GMB's cause.

GMB 2015 on Course

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by courage54(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2015
The voice of the people is the voice of God. FEBUHARI

11 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Mynd44: 6:54am On Jan 16, 2015
I am going to need popcorn and a fanta.

Pow!!
Kaboom!
Boom!!!

Nice action film cheesy grintongue

5 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by NaijaOptimist: 6:54am On Jan 16, 2015
Every rigth thinking person support progrssive change, only a fool will not.

#teamchange
#teamanythingbutjonathan
#SaiBuhari

6 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by theV0ice: 6:55am On Jan 16, 2015
i wanted to dismiss this as a figment of the writers imagination but with THISDAY as the source.......hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by temitemi1(m): 6:57am On Jan 16, 2015
Boko haram, MEND... What a great supporters for buhari... Criminals supporting criminal grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by sunkoye: 6:58am On Jan 16, 2015
This mend pple should do softly softly o.... undecided

abi y b sey na u go dey shout for another person's labour pain?

besides. ...change!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by That2: 7:01am On Jan 16, 2015
Who cares, they are all terrorists! They should start killing themselves as long as the fight is between them. It would be good news if boko haram break up like this. When things get bloody buhari should condemn them just for formality you know. It wouldn't change anything. I hope thy start with Asari dokubo who is feeding fat on Niger deltan genuine struggle for independence.

3 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Activity77(m): 7:01am On Jan 16, 2015
This mend issue is geting interesting as days goes by,are they really stil in existence.

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Welrez(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, MEND is now useless and lacks substance. I suspect it has been resurrected to score cheap political goals. How does Buhari jar with the aspiration of Niger Deltans for resource control and fiscal federalism and emancipation from internal colonisation? It does not make sense.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Yeske2(m): 7:03am On Jan 16, 2015
GEJ don enter one chance o

5 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by fleet7(m): 7:07am On Jan 16, 2015
i wonder how much they paid you for this noise
Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by omenka(m): 7:10am On Jan 16, 2015
I hope the People's General issues a statement thanking them for their support and faith in his mission for a better Nigeria but also egg them not to take the law into their hands by forcing anyone to support him. It is a democratic process and anyone is free to support anyone regardless of their motive for doing so.

This has to be done to pre-empt the Usual Suspects from latching unto this to further spread their senseless lies and propaganda.

Long Live Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Pataki: 7:11am On Jan 16, 2015
Everyone is free to choose whom they want. There should never be a recourse to violence no matter what.

I hope Jomo Gbomo has no intent to violence against his fellow MEND members.

2 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by demelza: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2015
temitemi1:
Boko haram, MEND... What a great supporters for buhari... Criminals supporting criminal grin grin grin
Asari Dokubo, Diepreye Alamieyseigha.... Thieves supporting thief. grin grin

7 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Desola(f): 7:14am On Jan 16, 2015
There is more to this than meets the eye. I think this group is covertly working for Gej. It's all part of his grand plan to destabilise nigeria.

The mend I know will never support the continuation of Nigeria as an entity rather the emancipation of the Niger Delta in order to self control its resources.

I see GEJ's sinister handwriting all over this. They are just trying to rope BUhari in their shenanigans.

8 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 16, 2015
since I notice Obasanjo is against GEJ, that's when I knew Jona own don finish. I think he should just give up that sit, his time is up. 6years no be beans.

5 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Realdeals(m): 7:15am On Jan 16, 2015
Am not sure they meant what they said.

Read Today's News Headlines at www.newsheadlines.com.ng
Click to Download the Android App
Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Desola(f): 7:15am On Jan 16, 2015
It is all a decoy ploy jo!

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by LagosBoi2(m): 7:21am On Jan 16, 2015
I am loving this but please take it easy oo but i will not regret a targetted shooting. Afterall they are enemies of this great nation
Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Collynzo9: 7:22am On Jan 16, 2015
All those guys he mentioned, Gen Wilson and Ogunboss are well known, we have seen their faces before.
Who is Jomo Gbomo? A non-existent and fictional character.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Collynzo9: 7:24am On Jan 16, 2015
googlepikin:
since I notice Obasanjo is against GEJ, that's when I knew Jona own don finish. I think he should just give up that sit, his time is up. 6years no be beans.
How do you guys calculate this your 6 years please?
I have been hearing it everywhere since the beginning of last year. Is there a different set of math rules for calculating political tenures?

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by BokoHaramm: 7:31am On Jan 16, 2015
Anybody that takes MEND serious should have his head examined. I can authoritatively tell you that Camp 5 boys are picking up the remainant of traitors in their midst.

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by chibanj(m): 7:34am On Jan 16, 2015
If this is really true den I see Gov Rotimi Amaechi's Hand work grin

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by Quaritch(m): 7:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Bush meat don catch the hunter
Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by That2: 7:42am On Jan 16, 2015
BokoHaramm:
Anybody that takes MEND serious should have his head examined. I can authoritatively tell you that Camp 5 boys are picking up the remainant of traitors in their midst.
You would be shocked. This is the same way bokoharam was underestimated. Nigerians never learned. If buhari is wise he should simply wash his hands off this, he cant control this MEND or tell them to stop. They want to fight probably because of grude or an unkempt promise by GEJ. They support for buhari is just a cover up.

3 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by egift(m): 7:46am On Jan 16, 2015
Buhari all the way!

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by dridowu: 7:56am On Jan 16, 2015
Hmmmmm MEND supporting Buhari ? Ds still gives me a doubting mind, anyway my support still stand gidigba 4 GMB

3 Likes

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by itsmine: 8:01am On Jan 16, 2015
dis threats of violence shd be condemned by all; same way we'v all be shouting down Alh Dokubo. we wdn't allow agents of destruction to warm their ways into our hearts. BH used d method to get tacit support of d northern populace by appealing to d religious sentimnts, d result stares us in d face today.

1 Like

Re: MEND Issues 7-DAY ULTIMATUM to ANTI-BUHARI Ex-Militants by phlemzy: 8:04am On Jan 16, 2015
If BH had made this kind of support for GMB, so much castigations would have evolved by now against the General. Now that its a militant group from in the SS that is giving such support, I wonder how they will juxtapose this.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Crisis: I’ll Fight With All Assets At My Disposal – Atiku / Who Are The Animals Calling Nigeria A Zoo? / Pls, Where Do I Download This Song?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.