Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:29 AM

Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality (1025 Views)

Cindy Lee Campaigns Topless As French Presidential Candidate (Photos) / “hero Of The Ukraine” Nadezhda Savchenko Addresses The Rada / Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Paris Terrorists Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by nwigwemark: 8:12am On Jan 16, 2015
Paris (AFP) - A Malian described as a "hero" after he helped hostages at a Jewish supermarket hide during last week's Paris attacks will be awarded French nationality Tuesday, Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said.

Lassana Bathily, who has lived in France since 2006 and applied for French nationality in July of last year, was praised for his "bravery" in a statement by Cazeneuve, which also said the 24-year-old Malian's naturalisation will be granted at a ceremony on Tuesday.

As the hostage-taking siege by jihadist Amedy Coulibaly began January 9, Bathily -- an employee at the kosher store in eastern Paris -- ushered a group of trapped customers into a cold storage room, shut off the refrigeration system, and closed the terrified people inside for protection.

"I heard shots and I saw my colleagues and clients running down," Bathily recalled later. "I told them 'Come, come,' (and) got them into the freezer."

Bathily proposed helping the hiding clients escape the supermarket through its delivery lift. But when no one wanted to take that risk, Bathily fled alone, flagged down the police, and provided them information on the layout of the store that was vital to the assault that ended the siege.

A practising Muslim whose heroism drew wide praise -- and 220,000 signatures on an online petition calling for his naturalisation -- Bathily has said his actions were those that any human should take for others facing threats from a common enemy.

"We're brothers. It's not a question of Jews, Christians or Muslims," he told French news channel BFMTV. "We're all in the same boat, and we have to help one another to get out of this crisis."

Let us all say no to terrorism. I am proud of you bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by fijiano202(m): 8:17am On Jan 16, 2015
Wow...a great man...
Re: Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by Harmthe(m): 9:06am On Jan 16, 2015
i am proud of you
Re: Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by Chanchit: 9:18am On Jan 16, 2015
That's the reward for being brave, but there are too many brave people dying up north everyday, with no reward for survivors, cos if the gov't award the foreigners among them with citizenship, of what use would it be to them.
Re: Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
fijiano202:
Wow...a great man...

Wow...a great man muslim...
Re: Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by fijiano202(m): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
JonBee1:

Wow...a great man muslim...
must everything be abt religion..cant we just appreciate humanity...i tire for Una oooo
Re: Malian 'hero' Of Paris Attacks Gets French Nationality by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
fijiano202:
must everything be abt religion..cant we just appreciate humanity...i tire for Una oooo

YES, WE CAN!

fijiano202:
Am not here to criticize the catholics but to help them see the light,I will Honestly tell you that worshiping and Praying in Virgin Mary's Name wont get you to heaven.
Firstly the widely spread believe that Mary died a Virgin is a big Fat lie which the catholics are not ready to accept and the So call Father of Catholics in Rome is doing his best not to Educate people on the truth
Because these verses so clearly contradict Catholic doctrine, Catholic interpreters will insist these are cousins, kinsmen, or from a supposed earlier marriage of Joseph. Of course, the Bible proves all these things wrong. The Catechism gives this ridiculous and incorrect explanation:

"The Church has always understood these passages as not referring to other children of the Virgin Mary. In fact James and Joseph, 'brothers of Jesus,' are the sons of another Mary, a disciple of Christ..."
The Catholic church teaches that the Mary in these passages is the mother of Jesus, but Jesus brothers and sisters are children of another woman also named Mary. The children are so clearly the offspring of the "Mary" of this passage, that the Pope has come to the conclusion is must be a different Mary! Incredible!

Npw Read for yourself from the scripture and see if you agree with the Catholic church that the Mary of these passages is both the mother of Jesus and the mother of James and Joseph and Simon and Judas.

Matthew 13:55-56 "Is not this the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary, and His brothers, James and Joseph and Simon and Judas? 56 "And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this man get all these things?" 57 And they took offense at Him. But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town, and in his own household."
Mark 6:3 "Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, and brother of James, and Joseph, and Judas, and Simon? Are not His sisters here with us?" And they took offense at Him. 4 And Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his home town and among his own relatives and in his own household."

Matthew 12:46 & Mk 3:31 & Lk 8:19
Jesus is distinguishing between blood brothers versus brothers of faith. Remember it was someone else who called them "mother and brothers" not Jesus. If the brothers are not literal, then neither is the mother. Cannot simply be cousins because Colossians 4:10 uses a separate Greek word. John 1:41 uses the same term of Peter and his brother.

Mt 12:46 While He was still speaking to the multitudes, behold, His mother and brothers were standing outside, seeking to speak to Him. 47 And someone said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You." 48 But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, "Who is My mother and who are My brothers?" 49 And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, "Behold, My mother and My brothers! 50 "For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, he is My brother and sister and mother."
Mk 3:31 And His mother and His brothers *arrived, and standing outside they sent word to Him, and called Him. 32 And a multitude was sitting around Him, and they *said to Him, "Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are outside looking for You." 33 And answering them, He *said, "Who are My mother and My brothers?" 34 And looking about on those who were sitting around Him, He *said, "Behold, My mother and My brothers! 35 "For whoever does the will of God, he is My brother and sister and mother."
Lk 8:19 And His mother and brothers came to Him, and they were unable to get to Him because of the crowd. 20 And it was reported to Him, "Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, wishing to see You." 21 But He answered and said to them, "My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it."
Matthew 1:23-25

As clear as if it said, "kept a virgin until wedding day."

24 And Joseph arose from his sleep, and did as the angel of the Lord commanded him, and took her as his wife, 25 and kept her a virgin until she gave birth to a Son; and he called His name Jesus.
Mt 1:18

Can only refer to sex because "before they had sex she became pregnant" reinforces the virgin birth. But "before they began living together does not support the virgin birth". It was not normal to live together or have sex when betrothed, giving powerful evidence that the reference is to sex, not co-habitation. What value is there in mentioning that it was merely before they started living together when the real point is that they were not only living separately, but had not had sex yet!

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows. When His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.
John 2:12 & John 7:1 & Acts 1:14 & Galatians 1:19 & 1 Corinthians 9:5

These verses prove beyond any question that Jesus had literal blood brothers through Mary. Notice that brother cannot refer to "brethren in the church" kind of usage because other "brethren in the church" are listed beside "Jesus brothers". Of the 20+ times "Jesus brothers" are referred to. NEVER are they called cousins or relatives. How could the Holy Spirit say it to make the fact any clearer?

John 2:12 After this He went down to Capernaum, He and His mother, and His brothers, and His disciples; and there they stayed a few days.
John 7:1 And after these things Jesus was walking in Galilee; for He was unwilling to walk in Judea, because the Jews were seeking to kill Him. 2 Now the feast of the Jews, the Feast of Booths, was at hand. 3 His brothers therefore said to Him, "Depart from here, and go into Judea, that Your disciples also may behold Your works which You are doing. 4 "For no one does anything in secret, when he himself seeks to be known publicly. If You do these things, show Yourself to the world." 5 For not even His brothers were believing in Him. 6 Jesus therefore *said to them, "My time is not yet at hand, but your time is always opportune. 7 "The world cannot hate you; but it hates Me because I testify of it, that its deeds are evil. 8 "Go up to the feast yourselves; I do not go up to this feast because My time has not yet fully come." 9 And having said these things to them, He stayed in Galilee. 10 But when His brothers had gone up to the feast, then He Himself also went up, not publicly, but as it were, in secret.
Acts 1:14 And when they had entered, they went up to the upper room, where they were staying; that is, Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James. 14 These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.
Galatians 1:18 Then three years later I went up to Jerusalem to become acquainted with Cephas, and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 But I did not see any other of the apostles except James, the Lord's brother.

Secondly,To all who pray and worship in Mary's name,its clearly Stated in the bible that Jesus is the only way to Salvation

John14:6
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 10:9
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.
John 11:25
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;
John 1:4
In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind.
John 10:9 I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and …
Isaiah 35:8,9 And an highway shall be there, and a way, and it shall be called …
Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knows the …
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other …
Romans 5:2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, …
Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Hebrews 7:25 Why he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come to God …
Hebrews 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of …
Hebrews 10:19-22 Having therefore, brothers, boldness to enter into the holiest by …
1 Peter 1:21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and …
John 1:14,17 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelled among us, (and we beheld his glory…
John 8:32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the farmer.
John 18:37 Pilate therefore said to him, Are you a king then? Jesus answered, …
Romans 15:8,9 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for …
2 Corinthians 1:19,20 For the Son of God, Jesus Christ, who was preached among you by us, …
Colossians 2:9,17 For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily…
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1 John 5:6,20 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by …
Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first …
Revelation 3:7,14 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things …
Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat
John 14:19 Yet a little while, and the world sees me no more; but you see me: …
John 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 5:21,25-29 For as the Father raises up the dead, and vivifies them; even so …
John 6:33,51,57,68 For the bread of God is he which comes down from heaven, and gives …
John 8:51 Truly, truly, I say to you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
John 10:28 And I give to them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither …
John 11:25,26 Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believes …
John 17:2,3 As you have given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal …
Acts 3:15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God has raised from the dead; …
Romans 5:21 That as sin has reigned to death, even so might grace reign through …
1 Corinthians 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; …
Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also …
1 John 1:1,2 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we …
1 John 5:11,12 And this is the record, that God has given to us eternal life, and …
Revelation 22:1,17 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, …

(1) (Reply)

#bouycutsabusinessinnigeria / Is America Full Of Low Lives? I'm Disappointed. PICTURES. / ISIS Released #GTA5 Video In What Looks Like An Animation Of Its Drone Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.