Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,493 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:33 AM

6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? (17282 Views)

Irregularities And Low Turn Out Of Voters Mar Imo Rerun Election / Agbaje Laments Poor Turnout Of Voters In Lagos / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by voiceofnigeria(m): 10:30am On Jan 16, 2015
In few weeks to come Nigerians will be casting their votes in the 2015 elections. One of the things we should be talking about right now is why people vote and for whom they vote for.

Some people think Nigerians only vote based on ethnicity and religion. However, the voting behaviour is not so one-directional. Last year, Christians voted for Babatunde Fashola as well as Muslims did. Yoruba people voted for Jonathan in Lagos, but voted for Ribadu in Osun. The point is, the voting patterns don’t fit a narrow spectrum, and various things determine the choices Nigerians make when they cast their ballot. These are six types of voters that are most prevalent in Nigeria.

The revolutionists

Who they are: These people really just want one thing: change. Every other thing is negligible to them. Their belief is that the incumbent is the problem and that having someone new there will be the solution. These people have concluded that things won’t ever be better if the incumbent continues to run the government. So they’ll vote for any candidate except the incumbent in order to kick the incumbent out and produce a change.
ekiti-election-pdp.jpg

The partisans

Who they are: These ones often vote in adherence to their favourite party. For them it’s not really about the candidate. It’s about the party. They will vote for anyone their favourite party brings forward. They’re convinced that their party is the answer to the problems in the country and that anyone this party presents is the suitable candidate. This is whom they’ll vote for. No matter what they learn about this party, they’re convinced that it’s better than the others and that voting for this party is the wise choice to make.

The ethnicists

Who they are: Ethnicists aren’t chiefly interested in partisanship or change. Their loyalty is to the candidate whose tribe, religion or sex matches theirs. In other words, they want to vote for their own person. This person may not be the most qualified or the most fit for the position. But since he or she is their person, it’s whom they want to vote for.

The devotees

Who they are: Devotees are inclined towards the man of the people. They support charismatic people, someone who bonds with them or whose personality they simply love. These people don’t look at the party or religion or ethnicity of the person they’re voting. They admire the person because of his character, his attitude towards people and his public image and they just feel endeared to him. If this candidate moves from one party to another, they’ll still support him in the new party as they would have done if he was in the former party. They’re devoted to specific candidates more than anything else.

The sophisticated

Who they are: These ones are fastidious about politicians and rarely commit to anyone. They like to ask questions and examine candidates very carefully before voting for anyone. They don’t just go with the crowd or follow sentiments. They ask questions. They look at the facts. They check the records. They observe the candidates. They actually think about the person’s ideas and ideology before making a choice. They’re hard to win over, but they’re often ardent in their support when they commit to someone.
nigeria-elections

The cynics

Who they are: The cynics think everyone on the ballot paper is unsuitable, that they’re all the same corrupt and incompetent people and that it doesn’t matter whom you vote for anyway. They feel it’s going to be the same story at the end of the day and that nothing will change. They tend to think of voting as choosing between the lesser of two evils. They may or may not vote. But when they vote, it’s often out of obligation, not because they feel strongly about voting or feel strongly about voting for anyone on the list. They’re convinced that it’s not going to change anything.

Analysing voting behaviour helps us understand how people make up their minds about whom to vote for. It helps us determine how much progressing we’re making as a democracy and how well the electorate is making the right choices that will contribute to the development of the country. But whatever the pattern, the point is, people should be voting for what’s best for them and what’s best for their society.

What type are you? grin grin grin

SOURCE: http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2015/01/6-types-of-voters-in-nigeria-what-type.html

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by eistien(m): 10:32am On Jan 16, 2015
I rep no 1 nd 5,
Nigeria needs change, the kind of change buhari and osinbanjo can bring.

Vote buhari/osinbanjo for change come febuhari 14th.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Giitheon(m): 10:48am On Jan 16, 2015
grin ama cynic sha.....

4 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by voiceofnigeria(m): 11:06am On Jan 16, 2015
Giitheon:
grin ama cynic sha.....

LOL grin grin
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Enoquin(f): 11:19am On Jan 16, 2015
5 and 6. More of 6 though

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Giitheon(m): 11:23am On Jan 16, 2015
voiceofnigeria:

LOL grin grin
abi oo ma broda.....lyk pst Adeboye said,politicians are ppl of yes and no......nd no one(including me) is good
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by voiceofnigeria(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2015
Giitheon:
abi oo ma broda.....lyk pst Adeboye said,politicians are ppl of yes and no......nd no one(including me) is good

tongue tongue grin grin
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by ambassadorgozie(m): 12:17pm On Jan 16, 2015
8- the violent and agrresive ones....this comprise of APC boys, their mission is to rig election and cause mayhem! .......meanwhile GEJ til 2019

13 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Ayoakinkahunsi(m): 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
sophisticated of course
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Nmeri17: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
then there's number 7

online voters
these ones will engage in e-war on social media and engage in abusing people that do not support the same party with them but on the election day, you won't find them near any polling center. they normally posses armoured tank and once they realize you arr a supporter of the opposition, they will unleash virtual/verbal terror on you undecided

PS: the loudest ones arr usually the ones with no life outside the Internet wink

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Mutuwa(m): 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
N/A
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by seangy4konji: 8:56pm On Jan 16, 2015
I deh come.

Dis Heineken don touch my brain.
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by ignis: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
The politician ass lickers too.
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Vicotex(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
*/clears throat/*

OK, with this post, it's official, GMB supporters have either run mad or under a very bad juju spell-Buhari's Alfa strong gaaan!
Dear GMB fans, VOTE GEJ and receive your healing. RECEIVE IT !!!!! grin

3 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by mumumugu(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015

"Aye"
Le le le
Le le le le le le le
A le le
A le le o le
[Chorus:]
Aa yeee
(Oya shekele)
Aaa yeee
Cause you want my blood o

we no want general
She no want buhari
we say na jona oooooo
he belong to meee
And I belong to him o
buhari
You go killie somebody
They say u have changed
but I dey see blood for your eyes o
Aa for your eyes o

im trouble pass mourinho
She dey vex like marado
mario balo

he like e my blood
he like e my blood
Her favorite killer na spartacus o
spartacus o

And hes to old to see
too old to see I see
buhari just show me ur wassce
Come show me ur wassce
Aaa
Cause nobody imprisons like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do
Nobody can vex e like u do
Nobody can kill e like u do

chorus

[Verse 2:]
The baddest!
Buhari you the baddest
u dey hide ur your asset
sabi bite like suarez
Emergency!

Chorus

https://mumumugu./2015/01/15/davido-latest-song-on-buhari/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Vicotex(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
None..
Back 2 biz.

Nna Mehn, so this is the progress Mbaka spirit want us to vote against.

Mbaka make u stop to dey sell spiritual poison, u don hear so...

GEJ till Buhari finish school.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by baybeeboi: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
voting from the comfort of my home
sai baybeeboi 2035
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Mogidi: 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
Its a shame the @OP didn't have my kind up there, I belong to the patriot group.

1 Like

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by initialize(m): 8:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
I want change!!!

PDP's mistake was bringing back Jonathan.... A new person would also equal change.

I just need someone new. I've seen Jonathan for 6years and I know he has no leadership qualities...

Otuoke! Otuoke!! Otuoke!!! O! Wole pelu change e' o,

Jonathan be like! I get new #100 centenary note as change...

Cluelessness has never been absolutely defined by one person in a tenure...

2015 signals change we desire...

"I'm not for a party but for a new beginning, a renewed hope"

Sai New President.

15 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
When did I ever tell you that I fell?
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
7. those of us looking for where to register.
op I no dey joke oh
***modified ***
of course I'm number 6 already just .............
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2015
ERROR 404 - PVC NOT FOUND grin
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Lordmykel(m): 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2015

I'm not up to voting age..

Even when i turn 18 i wont get a voter card

in Nigeria votes dont count
i know so many will hate on me
for saying votes dont count.
someone would say the truth is bitter
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by cheddahboy(m): 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
A GEJ fan asked any one who doesn't like
GEJ's govt to go and hug transformer, I gladly
went looking for one. After 20 minutes walk, i
saw one 33KVA Transformer worthy of
hugging. Wit smile, i hugged it. D hug lasted
for 17 hours. 3 hours later, am here posting on nairaland (after i use gen charge
my fone). I no gree die (cox light no gree come
d transformer, as expected=)

I belong to those who will vote for Buhari/Osinbanjo.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Wisdomkosi(m): 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sai buhari

4 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by AAlozie(m): 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
The "OBSERVER" nko? That's where I belong
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by honeyad(m): 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
1985 when Buhari was the president, my teacher told me... We are the leaders of tomorrow... 2015 Buhari is still fighting to be president... Is it that the tomorrow is not here or my teacher doesn't even really knows what he's saying? We need change! Change from the people! Change in power! Change in everything! We are tired of recycling in political power... Give the youth a chance for change! You all that come here to rant Buhari, good luck, keep displaying your stupidness! The change is not Buhari! The change is not goodluck! The change begins with you and I... Change your mentality Now!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by raumdeuter: 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
I am the type who believe the PDP led govt of Jonathan has set this country back by several decades and needs to be changed in FeBUHARI

Sai Buhari is my song

7 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by gistmelove(m): 9:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Ok
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Geenickel(m): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
hmmmm.... similar to one of ma posts...ddnt make front page tho......
Not fair..cry....

nice one @op
Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
The revolutionists+The devotees =buharist... #Saibuhari

4 Likes

Re: 6 Types Of Voters In Nigeria. What Type Are You? by baybeeboi: 9:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
Enoquin:
5 and 6. More of 6 though
sure say u d vote at all?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Strikes Out Forgery Suit Against Saraki, Ekweremadu / Biafra: Kanu’s Trial Postponed Till April 5 / Gusau-Zaria Road Blocked As Thousands Protest Killings In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.