Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,148 members, 7,811,268 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. (3915 Views)

Cnn's Jim Clancy Blasts Buhari On Twitter Over Plagiarism "Immoral... Dishonest" / Female Army Cadet Tortures A Man For Calling Her "Beautiful" / Fayose Mocks Buhari For Calling INEC Independent Nigeria Electoral Commission (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by chiefbamo(m): 9:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
CNN anchor Jim Clancy has left the network one week after a bizarre exchange with pro-Israel activists on Twitter about the terrorist outrages in Paris, in which he derided his opponents as the “hasbara team” and used a derogatory term for disabled people.

The news was broken by industry publication Adweek, which linked to The Algemeiner‘s extensive reporting of the scandal, noting that Clancy’s departure “comes just days after the veteran journalist had an extended debate via Twitter over the Charlie Hebdo cartoons.”

CNN, however, made no mention of the scandal as it paid tribute to Clancy’s 34 years of service with the channel. “Jim Clancy is no longer with CNN. We thank him for more than three decades of distinguished service, and wish him nothing but the best,” a CNN spokesperson said.

In a short statement, Clancy said: “After nearly 34 years with Cable News Network, the time has come to say Farewell! It has been my honor to work alongside all of you for all of these years. This is one of the greatest news organizations in the world. It has truly revolutionized information delivery while driving technological advances in how we gather the news. Through it all, CNN has been a family to my own family. That means something. As I reflect on all of the great adventures and achievements of the past, I wish you great success in the future.”

The anchor’s departure follows yesterday’s revelation that his Twitter account had been deactivated. In his clash with pro-Israel advocates, Clancy – whose obsession with Israeli settlement policy is well-known among CNN viewers – angrily responded to one of his detractors with the word, “Hasbara?” (“Hasbara,” the Hebrew word for “explaining,” is often invoked by Israel’s opponents to dismiss views with which they disagree, even when, as in this case, the matter at hand has nothing to do with Israel.)

As his ire rose, Clancy dismissed another user by saying, “Get a grip, junior. It’s my Friday night. You and the Hasbara team need to pick on some cripple on the edge of the herd.”

Jay Ruderman, the head of the Ruderman Family Foundation, which promotes the inclusion of people with disabilities in the Jewish community, informed Clancy on Twitter that the word “cripple” is derogatory. The anchor’s response was to block both Ruderman’s personal account and the account of the Ruderman Foundation.

Yesterday, Ruderman told The Algemeiner that an “organization held in the esteem that CNN is held in should use this as a teaching moment.”

http://www.algemeiner.com/

So much for freedom of speech!

1 Like

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by EdCure: 9:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
God bless Israel!

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by mebad(m): 9:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
What a way to go out
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 16, 2015
wait... what happened?

1 Like

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Kenai: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
Who run the world?
Who run the world? Jews!

Too bad.

1 Like

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Kenai: 9:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
PS, Al Jazeera is hiring wink

6 Likes

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by chyseth(m): 10:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
And we call Mr President all manner of names in this country and still nothing happens.

Some people are really special breed.

14 Likes

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Na waoh..
Even Man Utd has fired one of their own over twitter wahala...
PR sef
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
If you are a staff of CNN, you are bound by their terms of agreement. There is no freedom of speech here. If Jim Clancy erred, then his sack was in place. He knows the jews control the american economy, so his arguments and debates were more than meets the eye.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by temitemi1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
Wish u well man...
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by iluvnaija: 11:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
Am gonna miss Jim. I really love his style of presentation and broadcasting generally.

"I'm Jim Clancy and you have been briefed". His programme The Brief.

I love Richard Quest too. "Wherever your business may take you, I do hope is profitable" his programme. CNN business traveller and Quest means business.

These guys inspire me a lot. If I have the funds, I'll invest in Broadcasting.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Holywizard: 11:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
Eeeeya but we dont make use of DSTV
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Samchelsea(m): 11:31pm On Jan 16, 2015
Will try and re-read this to understand it clearly
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by bettercreature(m): 11:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
EdCure:
God bless Israel!
insrael are just a big disgrace to Christianity
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by shizzle11(m): 11:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
EdCure:
God bless Israel!
AMEN! cool
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by sankky: 12:36am On Jan 17, 2015
We will really miss him.
We wish him the best in his future endeavours

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by thewarrior72: 1:40am On Jan 17, 2015
bettercreature:
Ignorance is a disease, don't let it kill u. Israel is a Jewish nation & practices Judaism with just a meagre 2.1% Christians, if Israel is to be called anything outside Jewish state, then it should be islamic, which is around 16.9%.
I hope I have schooled u, next time don't make such hatefilled ignorant statement cool tongue

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by DonaldGenes(m): 1:44am On Jan 17, 2015
I am rattled by this news, Anyways, iThink freedom of speech ends the moment you cross the line into saying anything remotely critical of Israel/Jews.

Will miss you Jim Clancy, he is one of the best in CNN along side Richard Quest, Amanpour, Aisha Sese, Samuel Obot, Hala Gorani, Becky Anderson, Wolf
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by DonaldGenes(m): 1:59am On Jan 17, 2015
Samchelsea:
Will try and re-read this to understand it clearly

Let me simplify what just happened?

,it's such a pity that we live in world that is two faced but unfortunately, all Jim Clancy did was to tell someone off and he was sacked,just like that
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by gists: 2:00am On Jan 17, 2015
diluminati:
If you are a staff of CNN, you are bound by their terms of agreement. There is no freedom of speech here. If Jim Clancy erred, then his sack was in place. He knows the jews control the american economy, so his arguments and debates were more than meets the eye.
I bet to disagree with the bolded part of your message. There is FREEDOM OF SPEECH everywhere in the world and jim just exercised his. But what you may not have is FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH. Jim just "lost" his freedom after making his "speech" in USA. Same thing happened to Edward Snowden!! This applies to every country on this planet. Even in Nigeria (except you are a governor or some highly placed politician), the DSS/SSS/police etc will knock on your door if you are careless about the way you exercise your so-called FREEDOM OF SPEECH - does that mean there is no freedom of speech in Nigeria?

7 Likes

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Oklander: 3:12am On Jan 17, 2015
gists:

I bet to disagree with the bolded part of your message. There is FREEDOM OF SPEECH everywhere in the world and jim just exercised his. But what you may not have is FREEDOM AFTER SPEECH. Jim just "lost" his freedom after making his "speech" in USA. Same thing happened to Edward Snowden!! This applies to every country on this planet. Even in Nigeria (except you are a governor or some highly placed politician), the DSS/SSS/police etc will knock on your door if you are careless about the way you exercise your so-called FREEDOM OF SPEECH - does that mean there is no freedom of speech in Nigeria?
Yes, Having no freedom after speech is what is referred to as "no freedom of speech". Facing a consequence after expressing yourself is simply telling that, you should not express yourself in the first place. This is one of US hypocrisy!

5 Likes

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Nobody: 3:31am On Jan 17, 2015
He wl surely be missed.
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Olypeppy(f): 3:54am On Jan 17, 2015
We don't know him here@telemundo lovers...just migrate to Nigeria...NTA aba needs u
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Adminisher: 4:26am On Jan 17, 2015
bettercreature:

Israelis (jews) are mostly not christian. Please let us try to gain knowledge.
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by omenka(m): 4:48am On Jan 17, 2015
Person nor go talk to an Israeli for this world again!! This is utterly disgusting.

Why don't they relocate that country and her people to some other planet in the Milky Way?? This is getting too much. Call and Israeli an Israeli and the next thing, they say you sound anti semitic.

Mscheew.
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by ogb5(m): 5:33am On Jan 17, 2015
EdCure:
God bless Israel!

Yes yes

So they can kill more Palestinian children and women

maybe we should add, god bless the Palestinians so they can have more children for Israel to kill.

Israel, the only country that commits crime against humanity and is cheered on by the world

2 Likes

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by meccuno: 6:17am On Jan 17, 2015
iluvnaija:
Am gonna miss Jim. I really love his style of presentation and broadcasting generally.

"I'm Jim Clancy and you have been briefed".

I love Richard Quest too. "Wherever your business may take you, I do hope is profitable"

These guys are my inspiration in the industry.
I like that jim clancy guy......but where I would be angry is if they sack quest.......but he better behave too....its a responsible country and people are held accountable for whatever action they take......but Nigeria,anything goes
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by minister2015: 7:23am On Jan 17, 2015
aljazeera might come ur way with twofold pay. israel keeps on committing war crimes wuth impunity, dont worry another HITLER is on the way coming!
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by Samchelsea(m): 8:03am On Jan 17, 2015
DonaldGenes:

Let me simplify what just happened?

,it's such a pity that we live in world that is two faced but unfortunately, all Jim Clancy did was to tell someone off and he was sacked,just like that
he made anti-ISraeli remark?
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by fr3do(m): 8:34am On Jan 17, 2015
The way Jews are just showing self like their Arab cousins is getting out of hand.
Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by cirmuell(m): 8:42am On Jan 17, 2015
Bigots all over this thread grin He got served! IMO.
Why make derogatory remarks at people in the first place? If you don't like them, tell them off politely.
FYI BBC sacked a DJ for playing-just playing-a 1932 song that contains the 'N-word'(the sun has got his hat on) after 32years of active service. Rules are rules, you break them you get axed, in saner climes that is. People should learn to respect other people & whatever they hold dear.

1 Like

Re: CNN Fire Jim Clancy For Calling Out Isreal. by poundlander: 10:08am On Jan 17, 2015
WHERE ARE THE CHARLIE HEBDO SUPPORTERS. ISN'T THIS ANOTHER VIOLATION OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Tinubu In Fresh Move Against Saraki / Chelsea Quote From Mugabe / Unknown Gunmen Shot 2 Police Men Dead At Mgbemene Enugu (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.