Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,007 members, 7,825,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Walcott Relegated! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Walcott Relegated! (2324 Views)

Never Been Relegated La Liga Clubs / Epl: Blackpool,wigan Relegated Along With West Ham / Juve, Lazio And Fiorentina Relegated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Walcott Relegated! by TSpurs(m): 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2006
He got the train to Germany 2006 via Arsenal's David Dein while my Aaron Lenon got his ticket via front Door.

David Dein removed by the FA and and and Theo booted to u-21 team.

After 7 months of non-competitive football, Theo scored yesterday.

Arsene wenger, Where are you?
Re: Walcott Relegated! by elile99(m): 5:20am On Aug 18, 2006
I never Saw what that Guy played in Premiership so I'm not that Supprised if he was relegated,
Re: Walcott Relegated! by kitaun(m): 5:50pm On Aug 18, 2006
@Tspurs

So because he has played at the u-21 level now means he has been relegated abi? You should watch yourself comment on certain things, u hella make me laugh cos you make some really funny statements, was not our own Obafemi Martins invited to play for the junior team even after making his mark at the senior level?

Na wah for you o! do you even have any other thing doing to do except hate, hate, hate and hate Arsenal and anything associable with it shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Walcott Relegated! by LoverBwoy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 18, 2006
Tspurs i know its hurts mate
you saved so much money for Eurostar thinking you will be roaming the continent with your team

i think you will do well this season though maybe UEFA again wink
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Akolawole(m): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2006
Na wa o
Re: Walcott Relegated! by LoverBwoy(m): 10:55pm On Aug 18, 2006
Bros Ak how far long time o wink
hope no shaking
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Akolawole(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2006
@Lover-Lover

I hope una no dey carry our ladies away like NiceTohave o. grin

How u dey my brother?

I am back now.
Re: Walcott Relegated! by LoverBwoy(m): 11:13pm On Aug 18, 2006
I dey kampe,

nairaland ladies hmmm they be sisters just waiting for their bride money grin

Good to know you're back wink
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Akolawole(m): 2:20am On Aug 19, 2006
Honestly, Theo was sent to where he belongs.

Do you know what Gerrad says about his inclusion?

1 Like

Re: Walcott Relegated! by LoverBwoy(m): 3:10am On Aug 19, 2006
what he said was what everybody else said, shocked/suprised shocked

that doesnt mean he aint a good player it was a managerial gamble 50-50, thats why Mcclaren recommended he should utilised properly at under 21 level

scored in the 2-2 draw recently too in the first 3minutes
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Akolawole(m): 3:44am On Aug 19, 2006
Shocked because he is not worth going to Germany.

I know Nairaland _Gunners will never say otherwise.

You know, he shouldnt be there at all.

This guy cannot even make Nigeria's U-17 team anytime.
Re: Walcott Relegated! by sirwebs(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2006
Yes, he can't make Nigeria U-17 because it is filled with 20 something year olds. Ask Glenn Roeder about Obafemi Martins true age? He's probably befuddled and rigthly stalling the purpoted transfer. i hear Martins was a contemporary of Celestine Babayaro but somewhere drank from the fountain of youth and stopped getting older.
Re: Walcott Relegated! by GUNNER(f): 10:44am On Aug 19, 2006
TRUE TALK!  wink grin

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=8350

It certainly wasnt Theo"s fault that he was included in the England world cup squad
and i am encouraged by the fact that he is back playing amongst his peers,all the lad
needs his a coupla games under his belt, and everyone will also see the TALENT that
AW saw in him cuz by then he would have gained more confidence in himself, only then
will he be unleashed on the EPL cuz that boy got Pace and some skill too! cool
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Akolawole(m): 11:02am On Aug 19, 2006
@SirWebs

So, are you happy Oba is having the recent problem?

What has England Age-group achieved in Europe? Nothing.

I have once played with one of our Previous Eaglet, i can tell you, the guy revealed his true age.
Re: Walcott Relegated! by kitaun(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2006
@akola

I AM REALLY BEFUDDLED BY YOUR COMMENTS. I THOUGHT YOU KNEW BETTER THAN SAYING THOSE THINGS ABOUT WALCOTT, FOR NOW I RESERVE MY COMMENTS shocked shocked shocked
Re: Walcott Relegated! by kitaun(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2006
These are quotations from people that matter on Theo Walcott;

"Theo's pace is extraordinary. I'd be surprised if he'd make a splash running on water. Tremendous prospect." —Harry Redknapp

"He's better than me at that age." —Wayne Rooney

"I don't think the whole World Cup can rely on Theo Walcott but he can certainly come on and make a difference - and why not start him in a game or two? He is an interesting weapon because he can play wide and centrally. Then, once he is in front of the defender, nobody can catch him. He is a fantastic prospect." —Arsène Wenger

"For me, it is not so surprising England chose him. In training we all notice him because he is confident and very quick." —Gilberto Silva

This is the same boy that would not have made our under-17 if Sir Akolawole (the anointed one?) had been the coach shocked shocked
Re: Walcott Relegated! by kitaun(m): 1:14pm On Aug 19, 2006
The question we should be asking is the wisdom behind the gaffer taking him to the world cup without using even for a second.
I bet you even if Darren Bent or Jermain Defoe were taken to the world cup they would not have been better than those that were taken, the issue is they were all thrash right from their media, gaffer, the players and everything that surrounded them, Walcott was not their problem
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Akolawole(m): 4:41pm On Aug 19, 2006
kitaun:

@akola

I AM REALLY BEFUDDLED BY YOUR COMMENTS. I THOUGHT YOU KNEW BETTER THAN SAYING THOSE THINGS ABOUT WALCOTT, FOR NOW I RESERVE MY COMMENTS shocked shocked shocked

Its like you dont know me at all.

I will comment the way i see things irrespective of the clubs involved. I dont care, Older Nairaland members like Bagoma, sirKay,Vieria and nightRider knows me for that.

I praise Mourinho and criticise his stupid way at times.

The truth of the matter is Walcott did not DESERVE to be in that squad. Please be truthful.

He is a very good player but [b]NOT MATURE [/b]YET.

Happy to know he play for Arsenal today though.
Re: Walcott Relegated! by SirKay3(m): 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2006
The boy played well today, despite his being introduced in the 78th min, yet he provided the assist that resulted in the goal scored by Gilberto

Anyway, TSpurs continue your criticism of ARSENAL, as you have the right to say anything that you like

@ other GUNNERS,

If we are not a threat to other clubs, definitely we'll never be criticised or hated, so let them say whatever they liked against us.

Today is one of those days, you win some, lose some
Re: Walcott Relegated! by GUNNER(f): 5:04pm On Aug 19, 2006
What a debut by Walcott, kiss setup the equalizer for Gilberto and caused them Villa defenders a few problems!

anyhow sha i thought Arsenal deserved to win based on their performance they totally dominated play till that Mellberg goal but then i"ll settle for a draw and pray our strikers find the way to the net ASAP wink

hopefully Wenger will buy a quality defender NOW embarassed

as for that fake "KANU" he is just a waste of space, u know he is there u just don't know why! angry
Re: Walcott Relegated! by SirKay3(m): 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ GUNNER,

It's too early to start criticising any player now, guess you see that Henry too was a shadow of himself in the match. I believe with time they all will be as sharp as expected again
Re: Walcott Relegated! by GUNNER(f): 5:15pm On Aug 19, 2006
I hear u o and i hope u will be proved rite cuz only time will tell wink

as dem dey talk da race 4 the EPL crown is a marathon, so lets see how it all pans out undecided
Re: Walcott Relegated! by SirKay3(m): 5:29pm On Aug 19, 2006
My sister dont be afraid. Sure when the players watch the clips of the match, they'ld be surprised to see that they played very well with good ball possession, but were complacent in front of goal.

Only Eboue impressed me, though Adebayor, the fake KANU, as you said missed two glaring scoring chances (he cant be blamed) until Walcott was introduced and this proved the right tonic we needed. Henry was not as sharp nor focused as he used to be in front of goal
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Grizzly(m): 5:39pm On Aug 19, 2006
Yeah rite, anybody that was criticised, deserved it,
disregard my signature, its the truth,
I think arsenal like passing the ball around,  thats what they did all day,

Henry was as visible as a micro-organism,
Adebayor obviously dedicates more time to look like kanu,

BAck to thread, walcott was a darling,

End of Story,
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Fimmy(m): 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ Tspur
Although im not an Arsenal fan i will tell you i really dont like that Club
pls do u watch Arsenal Vs Aston Villa God i need to see Walcott that boy is really good
WATIN UR CLUB DEY PLAY
Re: Walcott Relegated! by debosky(m): 7:12pm On Aug 19, 2006
they just got their butts whupped by bolton cheesy

Tottenham are you watching, tottenham are you watchingg! grin grin

[quote author=Akolawole link=topic=20976.msg571647#msg571647 date=1155955449

This guy cannot even make Nigeria's U-17 team anytime.
[/quote]

dude that is pure crap you're talking. he is an excellent talent not yet ready for the national team, but he will be. at least he showed some of his potential today
Re: Walcott Relegated! by kitaun(m): 8:59pm On Aug 19, 2006
@ Akola

Can you please withdraw your statements now that Walcott has proved himself? grin grin

@ TSpurs

Sorry for the whooping of your boys o! am sure you must be seething with rage right now cool grin grin
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Jackal(m): 9:27pm On Aug 19, 2006
Walcott's inclusion in the England's squad was the cause of England's elimination.
Jermain Defoe or Darren Bent wld have been more effective especially after Owen's injury and Rooney's misdemeanours.
Even Pele was shocked with Eriksson's decision to include Walcott in the squad but we know better now.
Thanks to David Dein for using his influence to get Walcott in the squad .

I dont honestly think Walcott will make U-17 team in Nigeria cos 'em Nigerian kids are twice as skilful as Theo.
My visit to Nigeria last december took me to a football ground around Glover Estate in Lagos and i saw some amazing talents who are better than Walcott, Mikel Obi and Rooney waxed together.
These boys are too good to be true with deft touches, ball control and football brains.
Unless Walcott knows someone at the NFA or the Presidency, i dont really see him making any age-grade team in Nigeria,not even U-10. grin
Re: Walcott Relegated! by kitaun(m): 9:37pm On Aug 19, 2006
Et tu Jackal? shocked shocked

I want to believe you did not watch this lad play today or why say this bright star will never have made it into any age grade team of nigeria, na wah o! na another thing you dey watch? how did he cause the elimination of england? shocked shocked you say this of Walcott but you are ever read to praise Mikel Obi to the high heavens undecided hmmn

Truly you will always get kids that have the raw talents here but at the end of the day what happens?
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Fimmy(m): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2006
kitaun:

Et tu Jackal? shocked shocked

I want to believe you did not watch this lad play today or why say this bright star will never have made it into any age grade team of nigeria, na wah o! na another thing you dey watch? how did he cause the elimination of england? shocked shocked you say this of Walcott but you are ever read to praise Mikel Obi to the high heavens undecided hmmn

Truly you will always get kids that have the raw talents here but at the end of the day what happens?
Re: Walcott Relegated! by debosky(m): 4:56am On Aug 21, 2006
jackal = guy who talks out of his ass

did walcott play?? if no how was he the cause? the cause was the mediocrity of the english team as a whole coupled by that nincompoop of a coach called eriksson. watch this seaon as theo proves y'all wrong
Re: Walcott Relegated! by Jackal(m): 9:58am On Aug 21, 2006
debosky=Nairaland's biggest ignoramus.

Walcott's inclusion denied a place for tested strikers like Darren Bent/Jermain Defoe.
In the absence of injured Owen and un-fit Rooney, Defoe /Bent wld have been played instead of Crouch and make-shift strikers like Lennon and Joe Cole.
Check this, Eriksson went to Germany with 4 strikers(he should have taken 5) and only Crouch was used effectively.
Owen was not fit.
Rooney wasn't fit cos he just came out of serious injury that ruled him out for weeks.
Walcott was fit but was not used at all.

If Darren Bent/Defoe had been taken, Eriksson wld have been more compelled to use em instead of a young Walcott.
Read between the lines and tell me if Walcott's inclusion aint the cause of England's misery.
I'm still fazed with the fact that u have eyes but u cannot see.
Is it out of ur sheer patriotism to ur club or ur imbecility?

(1) (2) (Reply)

UCL: Ajax Amsterdam Vs Real Madrid (0 - 3) On 7th December 2011 / Villarreal Vs Barcelona (0 - 0) On 28th January 2012 / Kaka: The Best Midfielder In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.