Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos (1178 Views)

Is Rochas A Contractor Or Governor? / Witches Advise Rivers Governor Wike.'pray Harder Not To Lose.' / Fuel Scarcity Bites Harder, Petrol Now N400 Per Litre - Punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by ochejoseph(m): 8:52am On Jan 17, 2015
Considering the debate and discourse generated by Fashola's Statement on Jimi where he said 

“You see, this job is a tough job. When I took this job, at the age of 44, I was counting the number of white hair on my head. Today, at 52, I am counting the number of black hair on my head.
“Akinwunmi (Ambode) is younger than me. You need youthfulness to do this job.

It has become imperative to seek the opinion of Nigerians on which of the positions is more demanding and why considering the Fact that the APC which Fashola represents is fielding a 73 year old man for the post of President !

NB: please kindly indicate the reason for your response 

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

www.twitter.com/ochejoseph

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by SeverusSnape(m): 8:56am On Jan 17, 2015
I believe this is a rhetorical question.
Everyone knows it's not easy to lead a country especially one like Nigeria.
So it's much more easier to govern Lagos than to lead Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Fash is going senile.

3 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by YouthsPC0: 9:24am On Jan 17, 2015
Give the Governor of Lagos 2 1 week Boko Haram Wahala he will relocate to Ghana! Lol

As president you are in charge of 36 state 774 Local government in a multi ethnic and multi religious Nigeria
Fash Made a big Blunder!!!

4 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by amazingqueen(f): 9:56am On Jan 17, 2015
This is an interesting topic that will generate robust debate and Contributions by Nairalanders with something upstairs !

Let the flow Begin!!!
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by ellechrystal(f): 9:58am On Jan 17, 2015
Na wa o. President na. Lagos is only a state in Nigeria o..
No b only him white hair follow. Even oga Johna, Obama, u name them.
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by theshadyexpress(m): 10:09am On Jan 17, 2015
Fashola don fall APC hand with this statement
He has even indirectly campaigned for jonathan

GEJ till buhari starts rearing pigs

3 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:11am On Jan 17, 2015
It will take a person with a vast knowledge and the ability to reason to decode Fashola's use of grey hair. It shows the difficulty in governing Lagos State effectively, just the United States. A study was carried out in the US in which it was discovered that whoever that becomes the President of the US grows grey heir quickly.

2 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by talktimi(m): 10:14am On Jan 17, 2015
Lagos is more difficult to rule than Nigeria because Lagos is bigger and more complex than Nigeria
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by YourCoffin: 10:21am On Jan 17, 2015
I think it's Lagos for the reason below:

Lagos is a mini Nigeria in terms of the diversity in both human and economic resources. Unlike Nigeria that is well positioned to effectively govern the people with 109 senators, 360 members of House of Reps, numerous ministers and countless organs, Lagos barely has and is yet to have a robust government structure to support the state's teeming and largely divisified population and econmic activities. Lagos needs an administrative worker to lay a proper foundation before an economist takes over.

Anyway, Fashola inadvertently discredited Buhari with his comment....
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by starlingbawa(m): 10:40am On Jan 17, 2015
Of cause it's being the president of Nigeria and by a long shot too!!!

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by starlingbawa(m): 10:42am On Jan 17, 2015
talktimi:
Lagos is more difficult to rule than Nigeria because Lagos is bigger and more complex than Nigeria

Like seriously

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Chigold101(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2015
I can see and hear how our youths think... Lagos is harder to govern than Nigeria... i wonder where the people that said this is thinking from. It is like saying that driven Range SUV is harder than driven a Trailer... Funny sha...

If at 58 Agbaje cant govern Lagos...
I wonder how at 73 Buhari will preside over Nigeria's affairs... Funny sha...

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by sunkoye: 10:50am On Jan 17, 2015
I believe if u can delegate job functions to pple of vast experience and technocrats...job of a president might be easier. To work in lagos...u av to commune with the knitty gritty of the state. But if you can rule lagos successfully. ...u can rule anywia in nigeria.

but right inside me...fash shouldn't have said that. Bt He is not perfect though. smiley
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by talktimi(m): 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
starlingbawa:

Like seriously
me sef dey confused grin

2 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by amazingqueen(f): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
It will be nice to have berem and barcanista give their opinion on this
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by zimoni(f): 12:47pm On Jan 17, 2015
Which kain question be this na?

Nigeria of course.

They work round the clock at State House, I have an uncle who works there.

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Djicemob: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2015
amazingqueen:
This is an interesting topic that will generate robust debate and Contributions by Nairalanders with something upstairs !

Let the flow Begin!!!
OP why would you ask a silly question like this and still try to promote it with your alternate moniker?
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2015
Fashola just turned the table, now pdp clowns are defending Buhari’s age. Lol
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 17, 2015
There is no controversy here on which is difficult to rule between the country and Lagos State. The Governor is concerned with the administration of the state. The Presidency is not a Kindergaten teaching role, he has the responsibility of running the economy of the country, sucuring the country against external and internal threars, diplomatic relationship with other countries and external institutions, and many other responsibilities. Babatunde Fashola goofed when he made that statement. Age has never been a factor in governance at any level as long as the candidate is of a stable state and a sound mind. At 58, Agbaje can't be said to be "old" for the governorship job in the real sense and I find it ridiculous. However, I have to state that Nigerians in unison supports Muhammadu Buhari because we believe that competence and commitment should not be sacrificed for mediocrity. Vote Buhari as President of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Truckpusher(m): 2:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
barcanista:
There is no controversy here on which is difficult to rule between the country and Lagos State. The Governor is concerned with the administration of the state. The Presidency is not a Kindergaten teaching role, he has the responsibility of running the economy of the country, sucuring the country against external and internal threars, diplomatic relationship with other countries and external institutions, and many other responsibilities. Babatunde Fashola goofed when he made that statement. Age has never been a factor in governance at any level as long as the candidate is of a stable state and a sound mind. At 58, Agbaje can't be said to be "old" for the governorship job in the real sense and I find it ridiculous. However, I have to state that Nigerians in unison supports Muhammadu Buhari because we believe that competence and commitment should not be sacrificed for mediocrity. Vote Buhari as President of Nigeria
Competence and commitment can neither be exhibited by a stark illiterate who cannot make coherent speeches without too many blunders while trying to transliterate his spoken English to his local dialect unless you are just too busy nibbling on your stipend to understand the implications of making an illiterate your number 1 citizen in this time of the century when the world is at a crossroad.

I know that you might argue that his diction doesn't define his capability and that his anti-corruption mantra is the key here but again what would a non corrupt man like Buhari be doing with the likes of Tinubu,Amaechi and their fellow co-travellers?

Until you answer those questions as to what relationship exists between light and darkness in this context, I still reiterate that a vote for Buhari is a vote for backwardness.

Goodluck Jonathan never took us to where we wanted considering a lot of factors and the state of moribund he met almost all our infrastructures and institutions which you cannot surpass overnight , but voting for Buhari is a slap on common sense and any civilised mind of this 21st century.

Nigerians shouldn't settle for less ,we should cling to what we have now ,until better and serious people emerge either from the APC or PDP ......I maintain that Buhari is a bad news

3 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Truckpusher(m): 3:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Obiagelli:
Fashola just turned the table, now pdp clowns are defending Buhari’s age. Lol
Apparently you didn't get the message.

In an attempt to mock the PDP flag bearer in Lagos state he just reminded us of how his party decided to field a dying man like Buhari.

I am also aware that he was one person that didn't like the idea of endorsing Buhari by the party faithfuls which almost pitched him against the owner of Lagos. tongue

3 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 17, 2015
Bros it is very clear that you have no case against the general. Muhammadu Buhari is a member of a political party, the APC may not be a party full of 100% saintly men, at the same time an incorruptible and disciplined Buhari can't chase people out. It is incumbent on the EFCC and other Agencies under the clueless government of Jonathan to bring whoever is found wanting to book, whether APC or PDP. When Buhari assume office, he will not tolerate any form of graft or theft whether from his party men or opposition PDP. Support Buhari
Truckpusher:
Competence and commitment can neither be exhibited by a stark illiterate who cannot make coherent speeches without too many blunders while trying to transliterate his spoken English to his local dialect unless you are just too busy nibbling on your stipend to understand the implications of making an illiterate your number 1 citizen in this time of the century when the world is at a crossroad.

I know that you might argue that his diction doesn't define his capability and that his anti-corruption mantra is the key here but again what would a non corrupt man like Buhari be doing with the likes of Tinubu,Amaechi and their fellow co-travellers?

Until you answer those questions as to what relationship exists between light and darkness in this context, I still reiterate that a vote for Buhari is a vote for backwardness.

Goodluck Jonathan never took us to where we wanted considering a lot of factors and the state of moribund he met almost all our infrastructures and institutions which you cannot surpass overnight , but voting for Buhari is a slap on common sense and any civilised mind of this 21st century.

Nigerians shouldn't settle for less ,we should cling to what we have now ,until better and serious people emerge either from the APC or PDP ......I maintain that Buhari is a bad news
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by BlackTechnology: 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2015
Nigeria of course

Therefore

"Grandfather can't handle Nigeria since he is far more older than Agbaje" Fashola grin

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Truckpusher(m): 3:54pm On Jan 17, 2015
barcanista:
Bros it is very clear that you have no case against the general. Muhammadu Buhari is a member of a political party, the APC may not be a party full of 100% saintly men, at the same time an incorruptible and disciplined Buhari can't chase people out. It is incumbent on the EFCC and other Agencies under the clueless government of Jonathan to bring whoever is found wanting to book, whether APC or PDP. When Buhari assume office, he will not tolerate any form of graft or theft whether from his party men or opposition PDP. Support Buhari
Again you left to address the issue raised and continued blaming Jonathan for your woes allover again.

How would Buhari ,with his murderous diction function properly during his international assignments and not once again make Nigeria an object of mockery, considering his half education which is so pronounced beyond any reasonable doubt.

By the time the same EFCC goes haywire on these your these thieves that are dining and wining with your saviour Buhari ,you'll be the same people to cry wolf where there is none.

3 Likes

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2015
Firstly, the making speech at international conference or whatever is not synonymous to a debate contest. Everyone has his/her own diction. The Chinese, indians, Arabians, Fulanis, Ijaws etc. Buhari is not a newbie when it comes to attending international events, just 2013 he addressed the British Parliament. He has held interviews with top media outlet and he never flopped. I won't succumb to abusing Jona's diction and mother tongue because it will amount to disrespect of my tribe. We are not blaming Jona for anything, he's the President and he has to do his job. Prosecuting corrupt ppl is a welcome development, if he has been doing that some of us will be fronting for his re-election. I can't remember when I accused any leader of witch-hunt for fighting corruption, in fact that is one of the many reasons we are backing Buhari. No matter how performing you are once you steal a pin from the treasury you should answer for it.
Truckpusher:
Again you left to address the issue raised and continued blaming Jonathan for your woes allover again.

How would Buhari ,with his murderous diction function properly during his international assignments and not once again make Nigeria an object of mockery, considering his half education which is so pronounced beyond any reasonable doubt.

By the time the same EFCC goes haywire on these your these thieves that are dining and wining with your saviour Buhari ,you'll be the same people to cry wolf where there is none.
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by gebest: 4:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
no one is hard if not they would not been crying, begging for our vote a re-election, they would ve quietly go home.
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by Truckpusher(m): 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2015
barcanista:
Firstly, the making speech at international conference or whatever is not synonymous to a debate contest. Everyone has his/her own diction. The Chinese, indians, Arabians, Fulanis, Ijaws etc. Buhari is not a newbie when it comes to attending international events, just 2013 he addressed the British Parliament. He has held interviews with top media outlet and he never flopped. I won't succumb to abusing Jona's diction and mother tongue because it will amount to disrespect of my tribe. We are not blaming Jona for anything, he's the President and he has to do his job. Prosecuting corrupt ppl is a welcome development, if he has been doing that some of us will be fronting for his re-election. I can't remember when I accused any leader of witch-hunt for fighting corruption, in fact that is one of the many reasons we are backing Buhari. No matter how performing you are once you steal a pin from the treasury you should answer for it.
Chinese speaks mandarin/Chinese ,the French speaks French and so on and so forth but we speak English though not like the English man .May I also remind you that English Language is our official language and a little mastery of it shouldn't be a taboo for one that is aspiring to lead or become something that serves in a capacity that is as big as the Nigerian Presidential seat etc.

I wonder what my sensitive nieces, nephews and kids around the country would be thinking when they hear this your backward,uneducated and illiterate General address the nation.

I have told you to stop defending the indefensible lest your conscience become an emotional battle field for the next four years.

A vote for Buhari is a vote for backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by iconize(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2015
talktimi:
Lagos is bigger and more complex than Nigeria? undecided
Which institution produced a dumb fellow like you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by ochejoseph(m): 2:26pm On Jan 18, 2015
iconize:

Lagos is bigger and more complex than Nigeria? undecided
Which institution produced a dumb fellow like you? undecided

Lol
Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by hillsate: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
@ OP, congrats Oche Joseph on making it to the GEJ campaign team list. You were always rooting for that by your post on Nairaland. I do not expect an unbiased topic or post from you.

1 Like

Re: Which of these Is a Harder Job : President Of Nigeria Or Governor Of Lagos by hillsate: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2015
@ OP, congrats Oche Joseph on making it to the GEJ campaign team list. You were always rooting for that by your post on Nairaland. I do not expect an unbiased topic or post from you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Simple Riddle For Both Jonathan And Buhari Supporters. Drop Your Answer. / Robert Mugabe Falls Down Stairs, Tries To Get Photographer. / The Gospel Of Change According To Saint Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.