Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,920 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely (19916 Views)

Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programme / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programme, Orders Students Out Of Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chrisjane:
Ozumba, the new V.C lacks good sense of direction. How can he increase the Pg sch fees from 75k to 140k. After much protest, it was brought down to 125k n subsequently 116k. The hike is still much. Most Pg students like me came for d programme cos of lack of good jobs. So, the V.C should be considerate and stop being greedy cum selfish.

In 2013...ASUU went on strike to get the N3trillion promised for Universities in 2009...which was to be paid over 4 years...and was to be used for facilities mostly.

After a lot of talk...Govt told them that they could only give universities N1 trillion over 5 years.....for facilities.

ASUU...already under pressure from parents and students, agreed...and the new deal was struck.

And as a result...the countdown to high fees began.

Plus...University Autonomy is now in place apparently...so unis can set their fees.

And since we are not increasing funding for education (and it may even drop further thanks to the fall in international oil prices) fees must go up...or the postgrad students will not have the facilities to do their projects.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by callmenow: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
APC YOUTH WING again? I thought their youth wing is based in the social media and North East of Nigeria, especially Sambisa forest? Where are the armed forces when you need them? Jonathan must destroy Boko haram and the causes of boko haram wherever he finds them. So university is evil as well? We are watching.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Vstuffs(m): 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2015
angry angry angry angry
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Chrisjane(f): 4:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
bushdoc9919:

In 2013...ASUU went on strike to get the N3trillion promised for Universities in 2009...which was to be paid over 4 years...and was to be used for facilities mostly.

After a lot of talk...Govt told them that they could only give universities N1 trillion over 5 years.....for facilities.

ASUU...already under pressure from parents and students, agreed...and the new deal was struck.

And as a result...the countdown to high fees began.

Plus...University Autonomy is now in place apparently...so unis can set their fees.

And since we are not increasing funding for education (and it may even drop further thanks to the fall in international oil prices) fees must go up...or the postgrad students will not have the facilities to do their projects.
Facilities you say? Ain't nothing like that in the Social Science. Mode of teaching is archaic. Don't know about others.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chrisjane:
Facilities you say? Ain't nothing like that in the Social Science. Mode of teaching is archaic. Don't know about others.

Sciences need a lot of facilities for research.....especially the pure and applied sciences. Especially if you are doing a PhD...where you will sit down for lab tire! grin

Even the Social Sciences...need well equipped libraries.Which cost money (Yes I know UNN opened new E-library....but still..libraries need updating).

But sadly...as I said earlier....it is going to be difficult to find fund for new facilities....because of so many issues.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Ralph30: 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
Even if the program is suspended don't go home to rest but keep writing your thesis, project
faculty of Education students view this, rest of us there many for you at www.uniprojectsearch.com
Factors Affecting the Motivation of Teachers in Secondary Schools
click
http://uniprojectsearch.com/factors-affect…ondary-schools/
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by An2elect2(f): 7:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
ichidodo:
I'm sorry, i only saw Nebo and Bartho's tenure then i thought the school will shut down after me...what's his name?...

Prof Chukwuma Ozumba.
You thought the school would shut down after you? LOL
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by ichidodo: 10:47pm On Jan 19, 2015
An2elect2:

Prof Chukwuma Ozumba.
You thought the school will shut down after you? LOL
What faculty was he recruited from dearie?..
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by An2elect2(f): 11:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
ichidodo:
What faculty was he recruited from dearie?..

hmmm... i know you can easily google this but...well,faculty of med sci. i think.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by ichidodo: 12:02am On Jan 20, 2015
An2elect2:

hmmm... i know you can easily google this but...well,faculty of med sci. i think.
Google can't give in depth info that we would like but thanx anyway for your attention and patience..
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by chubbypearl(f): 9:52am On Jan 20, 2015
please ohh,is UNN not a federal university?why increase fees&when students protest,you evict them from the hostels like its your personal property and even dare to threaten them if they dont comply.chei!its times like this i wish we really could act on our rights.i for sue nonsense comot for the sch.its cases like this that make students take laws into their hands....all in the name of education!
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Emeka30: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2015
project topics and materials in all departments
example
Influence of Misconception on Teaching and Learning of Secondary School Biology
http://uniprojectsearch.com/influence-misc…school-biology/

visit www.uniprojectsearch.com for project topics and materials in all fields

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oyo State Governor, Makinde Sacks LAUTECH VC, Professor Ologunde / List Of Best Graduating Students In Nigeria Universities / What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.