Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,007 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely (19920 Views)

Top 5 Universities With Terrible Postgraduate Programmes / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programme / UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programme, Orders Students Out Of Hostels (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by john4aguero: 10:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Yeah...that's better. Till they subdue the amount of the fee.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Opinedecandid(m): 10:46am On Jan 19, 2015
Too bad for PG students of that school. You all should go to God in prayers for speedy resolution of the impasse, in JESUS Name!
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Akanbiedu(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2015
Postgraduate studies is not by force, people who can not afford it, should stay clear.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by flyca: 10:55am On Jan 19, 2015
Akanbiedu:
Postgraduate studies is not by force, people who can not afford it, should stay clear.

Define the word "affordable" or shut-up!

2 Likes

Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by veraiyke(m): 10:58am On Jan 19, 2015
Sheer nonsense asking men and women to vacate wen u ve der money dey mst ve paid bfor now. A pgp shud not exceed 2yrs n now u wnt dem to spend more dan dat as if dey do not ve der own programme bfor,during n after der admission
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 19, 2015
yes yes yes, APC e-rats would come on here and blame GEJ and PDP, like it's GEJ who should pay ur fees. They would soon begin blaming oga Jona for their inability to conceive, like he should come and do the bedroom job too
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by lefrenzy: 11:14am On Jan 19, 2015
this is really saddening
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by poundlander: 11:16am On Jan 19, 2015
ichidodo:
Barthoooo eeee!! it is not compulsory to be a Super Lion neither is compulsory to be an Uber Super Lion...If you don't like the hike then find another school.
shake my head at the woman that begot you. what a waste!
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Larow(m): 11:17am On Jan 19, 2015
Another reason to vote out the clueless government!!!
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Enoquin(f): 11:28am On Jan 19, 2015
angry Will their fees be returned so they could try another school while UNN indefinitely sort out things?
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Accurate11(m): 11:31am On Jan 19, 2015
oremisussan:
"Not even Sambo will vote for GEJ" - Lord Luggard et al (1913)
u r a bad guy
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by eightsin(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2015
This people should not kill my dream of doing my PGD in UNN this year.. Abeg o
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by ArcToyin(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2015
Flets:
Watch as the APC air heads blame it on GEJ.

They will be here shortly. ....
hahahahahahhaah. True talk
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by ArcToyin(m): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2015
oremisussan:
lolz
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Adedayo516(m): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2015
oremisussan:
Lexxybooy Segunflames... I always told y'all Lugard is a wise man..

1 Like

Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by An2elect2(f): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
ichidodo:
Barthoooo eeee!! it is not compulsory to be a Super Lion neither is compulsory to be an Uber Super Lion...If you don't like the hike then find another school.

They have a new V.C now.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by pickabeau1: 12:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
Enoquin:
angry Will their fees be returned so they could try another school while UNN indefinitely sort out things?

What of the time spent so far
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Enoquin(f): 1:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Annoying. Heaven knows the unprintable things I typed before erasing. Postgrads are not undergrads for heaven's sake. Time, money for fees, for transport, for accomodation, for 'by force' textbooks...arghhh

pickabeau1:

What of the time spent so far
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Akanbiedu(m): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2015
flyca:

Define the word "affordable" or shut-up!

Why would I want to define that, yeye?
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Glocal1: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
extremelygolden:
That's too bad. They should dialogue with the affected students, profer a lasting solution to their unrestiveness instead of outrighly suspending the program. What of the previous fees they paid and the time they have already spent in the school? Will that be suddenly washed down the drain?

Please the school authority should have a rethink on their decision, unless their want to tell us they've suddenly become DREAM-KILLERS!
*no unrestiveness* either unrest or restiveness.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by pickabeau1: 2:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
ezatily..
Enoquin:
Annoying. Heaven knows the unprintable things I typed before erasing. Postgrads are not undergrads for heaven's sake. Time, money for fees, for transport, for accomodation, for 'by force' textbooks...arghhh

Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by extremelygolden: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Glocal1:
*no unrestiveness* either unrest or restiveness.

Thank you.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Ikukuamaanonya: 2:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
"Gosh, the mindset an average Nigerian youth is been scarred by this generation of leaders, the worst role models of all times! embarassed
Education should be affordable, continuous, conducive and most especially fun."
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Glocal1: 2:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
I hope d issue would be resolved asap, its just a means to douse d tension caused by d fee hike. I don't think any sane sch would do dat indefinitely.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Flets:

No, this one is not political matter.

Whichever party is in power after Feburary or Febuhari or whatever.....they would soon have to face the issue of funding for education. And from the way GEJ told lecturers honestly in 2013 that there was not enough cash for extra funding(and even now with the fall in oil prices...set to get worse.) I think that whoever takes over in 2015 May 29....is going to increase fees soon. Or else...we remain backward educationally due to lack of finances.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by BetaThings: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Flets:

Why not?
If Jonathan takes credit for good things in federal university
he cannot run away from the problems of same universities

Or is it a case of
I set up universities
My generation has failed the students of UNN?
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by Chrisjane(f): 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Ozumba, the new V.C lacks good sense of direction. How can he increase the Pg sch fees from 75k to 140k. After much protest, it was brought down to 125k n subsequently 116k. The hike is still much. Most Pg students like me came for d programme cos of lack of good jobs. So, the V.C should be considerate and stop being greedy cum selfish.
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by ichidodo: 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
An2elect2:

They have a new V.C now.
I'm sorry, i only saw Nebo and Bartho's tenure then i thought the school will shut down after me...what's his name?...
Re: UNN Suspends Postgraduate Programmes Indefinitely by MrRhymes101(m): 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jst wen decided 2 go back 4 my PG chai!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Act During An Exam Made You Shed Tears? Share Your Experiences / Reinstated UNIPORT VC, Professor Lale Makes Grand Entry / Why You Must Always Have A Pen As A Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.