Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life (21609 Views)

[VIDEO] 3 Fatal CV Mistakes You Must NEVER Make / Why Weak Students Usually End Up Being The Most Successful In Life / Do Simple Nigerian School Jobs Here, Get Paid! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
olrotimi:
Speaking of drop outs, GMB readily comes to mind. Despite being head of state for 2yrs, am not sure he has made it:
^ having lost out on the presidency three consecutive times
^ not being able to grow his 'at least ' N1 Milla bank balance & his 150 cows over the past 12 yrs and
^ Claiming to have only an uncompleted house in daura while his children study in the UK.
My friends, at all cost do whatever you can to get an education. If you must drop out, make sure you at least pass your WASSCE, obtain your original certificate & keep it safe to avoid stories that touch.......... #OneMan'sPointOfView
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by adedayourt(m): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
olrotimi:
have you even studied up to a Masters level? Very typical of the yorubas to drink panadol for other people's headaches. That's why they remain perpetual slaves to the drop out abo.ki.s who have always made it a fad to lord over the yorubas who claim to have all the books in their heads.

I was waiting fr pple like u to com gnash @ me grin

Unfortunatly ur teeth aint sharp enof, try harder
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by macklef(m): 7:11pm On Jan 23, 2015
Our chances iin life are 50:50 only the more fortunate ones have 60:40

No one can vehemently say where a decision will land him/her

U just take the risk if u need to and hope ur chances fall in the positive 50%

1 Like

Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by diasporaman(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
I dropped out of school not because I was a dullard, but because of paucity of fund. My family was indigent. I was among the best crop of students in my department.

In one's life, the place of education cannot be compromised. ThankGod I am back to school. Not until I get my masters in one of the worlds Best universities i will never quit.

Determination is the key to success

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by dabrake(m): 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
acidtalk:
BIG LIE!!!

TRASHY TALK!

Majority of Nigerian dropouts make it most.

I don't start listing them out for you, go back and do your research.

* USES THREAD TO CLEAN SWEAT FROM FACE*
Did you read the thread?
The OP didn't 'say' drop outs do not succeed.
He gave reason why they don't.
The dropouts who succeeded, did they fall into the category of op's 'bulleted' points?
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Abbey2sam(m): 7:25pm On Jan 23, 2015
unofficial:

No one is saying you shouldn't drop out,,,,,,,all the writer said is ''get a life before you do!!''

Have a friend who dropped out in 500l,,roamed the streets for about a year,,,he's back in school now, at 28years! He'd have made a better decision had he seen this writeup; I guess.

at 500L

i won't dropout for anything in this world at that level

patient is a virtue. .......... I'm about to start my own business now..but i finished school first
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Mhizkel(f): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
adedayourt:

Wait let me ask Ifa bout dat one
Choi! u dis boi again?
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by akpumping7720(m): 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
Just like the Op said 'self education is priceless'. In Nigeria, whether u are a graduate or not, what u need most is what I called 'PACKAGING'. Whatever u find yourself doing, especially in this country, you just have to learn how to package yourself, products or services. In Marketing it is called 'BRANDING'. Whether you drop out of school or you are a graduate, study this carefully:
1. I can't continue my education or am a graduate but no job, what can I do to make a living, what do the society need? Commerce is all about 'exchange' what can I give to people in exchange for money. (I called this Self-discovery)

2. Now have been able to discover what I can sell or give to the general public in exchange for money. How do I package this my products or services that will attract more consumers or customers? Let's take AY for example, forget all this award they are giving to AY as the best comedian of so so year, if u listen to AY's comedy, u will find out that he is not that funny, but AY packaged himself. He came up with AY Comedy Open Mic, his AY live show is always full of glamour and he package his show to the taste of all his wealthy guests. (So I call this BRANDING)

3. The last but not the last is Diversification. That particular product or services I have, shouldn't I create PLAN B? If I can't cope with competitors and some other future factors that can affect my bizness or product and decline in sales or patronage set in. Since I have enough money in my account, I need to diversify, I don't have to be stereotype. In what areas can I invest on again and again.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by gbadexy(m): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Well one thing i know is that its kind of easier for those with basic knowledge of science.
most of those you listed developed products due to their knowledge if science.
l dropped out too, even though im still not there yet, i have a product in the market with modest distributors due to research on formulations that those in the fueld may find impossible thereby allowing much lower cost of production and decent margin even though im not yet buying materials cheaper in bulk.
Since certificate is treasured here, someone not in a science field with ability to research and produce wont find it easy as their field is tied to certificates gotten.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Lagusta(m): 7:44pm On Jan 23, 2015
ebamma:
And there is one other friend of yours you are not telling us about who dropped out and started following this Senator around, now he is the chairman of your local government

What of your own friend who dropped out of school, became a hooker, a junkie and a street urchin, and finally employed you to be his shoe polisher?
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by adedayourt(m): 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
Mhizkel:

Choi!u dis boi again?

U just dey folo up-dwn NL, wetin I colet fr ur hand
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Akbee(m): 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
hahn:
Lol. Tell that to the ibo boys in Idumota, Alaba etc, the hausa abokis who have their own businesses, land and cattle and compare their numbers with the amount of unemployed graduates including graduates that can't fill their NYSC forms and the ones that can't compose a simple essay. Don't forget the graduates that have been employed by these drop outs and then you can come back and delete this thread
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
seun oshewa said it all. And in addition dropping out of school without a planB and fast action to execute it won't help.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Emodeee: 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
hahn:
Lol. Tell that to the ibo boys in Idumota,
Alaba etc, the hausa abokis who have their own businesses, land and
cattle and compare their numbers with the amount of unemployed graduates
including graduates that can't fill their NYSC forms and the ones that
can't compose a simple essay. Don't forget the graduates that have been
employed by these drop outs and then you can come back and delete this
thread

u r mean.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Karleb(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
Now this thread is an eye opener.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by 989900: 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
4. They drop into thorny grounds Most billionaires who dropped out of school had a soft landing. They had rich or average parents who provided some sort of key support for them after they dropped out. Bill Gates had a well to do magistrate as his father and a mother who helped him secure the big contract at IBM. Mark Zuckerberg's parents supported him with $85,000 loan when he started. Aliku Dangote, had a rich uncle who helped set him up in business and supported him through the early stages.

There are few exceptions to this though, people like steve jobs the founder of apple and Atiku Abubakar, one time vice president of Nigeria actually started from the bottom. But there is something else to look at - they had a conducive economic climate. Things usually go as planned. Software and software don't get pirated as much. Its easier in their respective countries to find 1 million people who can easily buy your product online for $1 just to test it.

Its far easier to find investors there because of enlightenment. Generally, most people who made it landed on soft grounds.

5. They drop out of school and out of learning Most people who fail after dropping out of school actually dropped out of school and out of studying. The truth is that no one can succeed without self education. Learning new tricks of the trade, under standing the stock market, studying econmics and accounting and so on. Quote me anyday, Self education is priceless.

Don't stop learning...however you do it.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by chidiebere2020(m): 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
I came here to learn, thanks to every 1 that makes useful comment........
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by jonsn: 8:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REMIX THE OP'S LIST? I STRONGLY DISAGREE!
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by fijiano202(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Conclusion. Dropping out of school should only be for people who know what they want to do with their life. If you re not sure yet please stay in school.
ur dp made my day...thanks
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by psalm121vs1: 9:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
The OP is biased...looking for an excuse to fail..tell this story to the young shall grow motors or coscharis or li ka shing the richest man in hongkong or..so many of them..even the man that revolutionized cardiac surgery dint attend college
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Adiwana: 9:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
The Worse thing to do is drop out of school..imagine millions of grads no get job.is better to get that cert first and be on the waiting list hoping and praying rather than you have so many job offers but no Cert which qualifies you
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by 100Cents: 10:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
acidtalk:
BIG LIE!!!

TRASHY TALK!

Majority of Nigerian dropouts make it most.

I don't start listing them out for you, go back and do your research.

* USES THREAD TO CLEAN SWEAT FROM FACE*

Funny..

If you know 10 people who made it, do you know the other 990 people who didn't make it but retired into oblivion ?
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by 100Cents: 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
pekeyim:
But I kinda wish I dropped out though.

And become what ?
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by infogenius(m): 10:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
op
I don't agree seun alone made naira land what it is today.
Seun created the platform while u,I & many more. great intelligent Nigerians made this platform a success dynamite by providing content.
It is this content that has made N/Land what it is today.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
hahn:
Lol. Tell that to the ibo boys in Idumota, Alaba etc, the hausa abokis who have their own businesses, land and cattle and compare their numbers with the amount of unemployed graduates including graduates that can't fill their NYSC forms and the ones that can't compose a simple essay. Don't forget the graduates that have been employed by these drop outs and then you can come back and delete this thread

Bwahaha... Such is life, as they say! That is the reality! It is very sad though. Education is overrated sometimes because most people just go there to have the certificates but not to learn. That is one of the major reasons many can't create wealth in the society only to be seeking for employment that is very limited.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by armadeo(m): 11:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lagusta:
I had a friend that dropped out of school, thinking he would make it like[b] Ben Carson[/b] or Steve Jobs.....

That guy is now a messenger in one firm like that undecided

This guy is a proffesor of peadiatric neurosurgery.
Re: Why Many Nigerian School Dropouts Never Make It In Life by armadeo(m): 11:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
psalm121vs1:
The OP is biased...looking for an excuse to fail..tell this story to the young shall grow motors or coscharis or li ka shing the richest man in hongkong or..so many of them[b]..even the man that revolutionized cardiac surgery dint attend[/b] college

I was amazed when I discovered this. He was given an honoutary doctorate later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Pictures Job Seekers Can Relate To / Married People With Children Earning Below 30k, How Do You Survive? / N-Power Device Delivery Update

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.