Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,555 members, 7,958,709 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 09:13 PM

Can A Police Just Arrest You? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Can A Police Just Arrest You? (933 Views)

“no Policeman Should Arrest You For Having A Car With Tinted Windows”–lagos PPRO / How My Car Was Wrecked Due The Carelessness Of A Police Officer. Advice Please! / Recovered Vehicle In A Police Station In Port-Harcourt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Police Just Arrest You? by rainmaker12(m): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
I see this alot. Police men intimidating less educated nigerians for arrest on feeble grounds. Pls can anyone throw more light on police arrest inrespective of the error being committed. Can A Police Man Just Arrest You?
Re: Can A Police Just Arrest You? by Mcowubaba: 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
Yes..to avoid accidental discharge...

1 Like

Re: Can A Police Just Arrest You? by colossus2: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2015
I don't understand your question sir sad
Can police arrest you?
YES
Can police just arrest you?
Please explain

1 Like

Re: Can A Police Just Arrest You? by DECOtech(m): 9:04pm On Jan 18, 2015
rainmaker12:
Can A Police Man Just Arrest You?

Yes.

That's if you just Bleep up.
Re: Can A Police Just Arrest You? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 03, 2015
rainmaker12:
I see this alot. Police men intimidating less educated nigerians for arrest on feeble grounds. Pls can anyone throw more light on police arrest inrespective of the error being committed. Can A Police Man Just Arrest You?
A traffic police can randomly stop a car, when a case of robbery is reported within his or her jurisdiction, for searching purpose or for preliminary question
For over speeding, or trafficable offense, this might warrant caution.
Arrest is only under criminal offences, maybe on suspicion that your car is deemed to be stolen, or have been marked, or harmful object or contents are found in your car.
Maybe what you re talking about maybe unwarranted harassment, likely to extract some money? If this is what you mean, it is as old a practise even during the time of Jesus christ
Re: Can A Police Just Arrest You? by rainmaker12(m): 11:38am On Feb 04, 2015
indigene:

A traffic police can randomly stop a car, when a case of robbery is reported within his or her jurisdiction, for searching purpose or for preliminary question
For over speeding, or trafficable offense, this might warrant caution.
Arrest is only under criminal offences, maybe on suspicion that your car is deemed to be stolen, or have been marked, or harmful object or contents are found in your car.
Maybe what you re talking about maybe unwarranted harassment, likely to extract some money? If this is what you mean, it is as old a practise even during the time of Jesus christ
Nice one

(1) (Reply)

Cars Dealers Complaining Of Low Patronage / I Need Advice Between Acquiring Used Kia Picanto And Peugeot 206 And Reasons / Alarming: FRSC To Increase License Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.