Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. (8524 Views)

Please Tell Me About This Car / See Pictures Of Water Buses That Can Move On Water And Land / Guy In Lekki Lagos Designed This Car... (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by chillex8(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
colossus2:

OKAY

Take your time pls

Year of manufacture- 2002

Clean title.

Also provide VIN.

I aprct, bro.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by colossus2: 1:38pm On Jan 18, 2015
chillex8:

Take your time pls

Year of manufacture- 2002

Clean title.

Also provide VIN.

I aprct, bro.
Lolz grin
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by chillex8(m): 1:42pm On Jan 18, 2015
colossus2:

Lolz grin
Why are you laughing sir

Am serious, PLS!!!!
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:
I've been planning to buy an SUV, and particularly RX 300. A colleague of mine just showed me one he's helping his brother to sell.

The interiors aren't that bad. The mileage is somewhere around 194000.

He wants to sell at at N1.55 million. Is it a good one? See Pictures.

From the tail lamp cluster, I can infer its a facelift model which starts from 2000-2003 but I can't verify if its true because even the tail lamps can be installed on pre-facelift models,
as for the odometer reading 194K, is it in Miles or Kilometers?
Do the rate of wear and tear of various parts match the mileage?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 1:50pm On Jan 18, 2015
lomomike:

From the tail lamp cluster, I can infer its a facelift model which starts from 2000-2003 but I can't verify if its true because even the tail lamps can be installed on pre-facelift models,
as for the odometer reading 194K, is it in Miles or Kilometers?
Do the rate of wear and tear of various parts match the mileage?

The 194K is in miles.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

The 194K is in miles.
Is it RHD-LHD converted?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
lomomike:

Is it RHD-LHD converted?

All i know is, it's steering is on the LHS.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by abatically(m): 2:28pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

The 194K is in miles.

It might actually be in km. Can u take a picture of the speedometer.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2015
abatically:

It might actually be in km. Can u take a picture of the speedometer.

Would have loved to. My guy don lock the car and move away with the key.

What if it's in km?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by abatically(m): 2:43pm On Jan 18, 2015
dein77:

Would have loved to. My guy don lock the car and move away with the key.

What if it's in km?

Then it means the mileage is not as high as we thought. Bros if that car is not converted, then its good at that price.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
abatically:

Then it means the mileage is not as high as we thought. Bros if that car is not converted, then its good at that price.

Pardon my naiveté: what does it mean for a car to be converted? How do you tell?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by sultaan(m): 4:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
People asked for the vin # a million years ago all you have to do is go write it from the windscreen on the dashboard in front of the steering.

That does not look like an American tag so it should be in KMb SUV is American LHD.The discrepancy either means the vehicle was painted or wrong/stolen tag.

Now the guys here can help you check on the vin number and you might find out it was stolen in Nigeria and someone just put European number on it to make it look tokunbo. Remember the selling it for a brother line

The tag is wrong, can confirm the bi fuel spec no sign of LPG fill port so it looks like North American car with European/UK tag
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 6:45pm On Jan 18, 2015
sultaan:
People asked for the vin # a million years ago all you have to do is go write it from the windscreen on the dashboard in front of the steering.

That does not look like an American tag so it should be in KMb SUV is American LHD.The discrepancy either means the vehicle was painted or wrong/stolen tag.

Now the guys here can help you check on the vin number and you might find out it was stolen in Nigeria and someone just put European number on it to make it look tokunbo. Remember the selling it for a brother line

The tag is wrong, can confirm the bi fuel spec no sign of LPG fill port so it looks like North American car with European/UK tag

Hmmmm. ....can't get the VIN today oooo
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:57pm On Jan 18, 2015
Try and drive the car, and listen to the engine (very improtant) check oil level, if short, its burning oil or leaking, go under the car, check for excessive rust ( a little rust is expected) ensure the instrument panel is free of christmas lights (check,vsc,airbags,etc), look for the timing belt replacement tag, that should inform you of when it was changed and if it is due for a replacement, check colour and smell of transmission oil, check suspension for broken rubbers and leaking strauts, check electrical, (windows, sunroof airconditioning,cd player remote locks etc) there's a lot I'm forgetting but that's a little guide that might help.

Good luck

As per the price, ill say 1.3-1.350.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by DECOtech(m): 7:00pm On Jan 18, 2015
Siena:

It looks like a good car, but there are some discrepancies. I think the VIN should be posted here. It is showing as a silver car, yet the SUV shown here is clearly metallic blue...

Really?

I see black!
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 7:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:
Try and drive the car, and listen to the engine (very improtant) check oil level, if short, its burning oil or leaking, go under the car, check for excessive rust ( a little rust is expected) ensure the instrument panel is free of christmas lights (check,vsc,airbags,etc), look for the timing belt replacement tag, that should inform you of when it was changed and if it is due for a replacement, check colour and smell of transmission oil, check suspension for broken rubbers and leaking strauts, check electrical, (windows, sunroof airconditioning,cd player remote locks etc) there's a lot I'm forgetting but that's a little guide that might help.

Good luck

A million thanks, my dear.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by chillex8(m): 7:55pm On Jan 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Good luck

Can you provide one for me.

I have 1.35M
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:05pm On Jan 18, 2015
chillex8:

Can you provide one for me.

I have 1.35M

Pics or I don't belive it

[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_died_100-101.gif?w=42&h=42[/img]

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by chillex8(m): 8:10pm On Jan 18, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

Pics or I don't belive it

[img]http://smileyshack.files./2010/12/smileyslaughing_lol_died_100-101.gif?w=42&h=42[/img]

Pics of what The cash?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by fanex: 10:06am On Jan 19, 2015
if this car was imported from the USA it should sell from between 1m to 1.3m because of shipping. this however id from the UK with very high mileage. i suggest between 900k to 1.1 depending on engine condition. unless you are getting a very sweet deal i would not advise you to buy an European model.

1 Like

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by abatically(m): 10:20am On Jan 19, 2015
fanex:
if this car was imported from the USA it should sell from between 1m to 1.3m because of shipping. this however id from the UK with very high mileage. i suggest between 900k to 1.1 depending on engine condition. unless you are getting a very sweet deal i would not advise you to buy an European model.

Bros, camry 2001 model is sold for between 1- 1.1M depending on trim. How can u ever think a 2002 Lexus rx300 SUV would sell for 1M considering this is the highest selling SUV in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by fanex: 10:29am On Jan 19, 2015
LEXUS generally are not good sellers in Nigeria. do your research. 2001 camry is a good seller in comparison. that lexus is not worth 1m to a trained buyer.
abatically:

Bros, camry 2001 model is sold for between 1- 1.1M depending on trim. How can u ever think a 2002 Lexus rx300 SUV would sell for 1M considering this is the highest selling SUV in Nigeria at the moment.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by abatically(m): 11:25am On Jan 19, 2015
fanex:
LEXUS generally are not good sellers in Nigeria. do your research. 2001 camry is a good seller in comparison. that lexus is not worth 1m to a trained buyer.

U sure must be a comedian. Lexus and Toyota are the same company, Lexus rx300 is an upgraded version of Toyota Highlander. Can u get a 2002 highlander for 1 million?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by fanex: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2015
we all know the origin of lexus. however, in the Nigerian market, the highlander sells at considerably higher prices than the rx model which is suppose to be the luxury version. this Lexus registered late 2002 judging by the Uk plate isnt worth a million. we all know the Briton love to finish their cars before selling it off. come rain or sun 950k is the fair price.
abatically:

U sure must be a comedian. Lexus and Toyota are the same company, Lexus rx300 is an upgraded version of Toyota Highlander. Can u get a 2002 highlander for 1 million?
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by erico2k2(m): 11:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Op is scammm
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
fanex:
we all know the origin of lexus. however, in the Nigerian market, the highlander sells at considerably higher prices than the rx model which is suppose to be the luxury version. this Lexus registered late 2002 judging by the Uk plate isnt worth a million. we all know the Briton love to finish their cars before selling it off. come rain or sun 950k is the fair price.

Error 404 page not found.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by abatically(m): 12:55pm On Jan 19, 2015
lomomike:

Error 404 page not found.

Bros na real error
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by nurey(m): 2:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
abatically:

Bros na real error

From 1999 to when the rx330 came out the highlander is more expensive but from the onset of Rx330 highlander tends to be cheaper than the Rx except the hybrid version.

Also those of you want to buy clean non-accidented lexus Rx first generation for less than 1.5m then you are about to buy... Complete it yourself
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by ivoryhouse(m): 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
fanex:
Joke of the year! If you see rx300 2002 at less than 1m, its used in Nigeria and if it isn't registered yet, its stolen or has serious mechanical problems. Op, its a good deal, just check it well before plunging.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
ivoryhouse:

Joke of the year! If you see rx300 2002 at less than 1m, its used in Nigeria and if it isn't registered yet, its stolen or has serious mechanical problems. Op, its a good deal, just check it well before plunging.

Ok. Thanks a lot.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by dein77(m): 4:04pm On Jan 19, 2015
Don't know how true it is: a senior colleague in the office told me yesterday that the Lexus RX300 I'm planning to buy, doesn't have SECOND HAND VALUE.

But the matter is, these cars are so common here in PH. I see them wherever I go.
Re: Is This Car Worth N1.55 Million? See Pictures. by gambus007(m): 4:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
dein77:
Don't know how true it is: a senior colleague in the office told me yesterday that the Lexus RX300 I'm planning to buy, doesn't have SECOND HAND VALUE.

But the matter is, these cars are so common here in PH. I see them wherever I go.
are you planning to buy and use or buy and sell?that word second hand value i dont rilly understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help: Gear Issues With Honda Accord V6 2003 / Disastrous Impacts Of Overheating / Choosing The Right Oil For Your Car!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.