Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,083 members, 7,818,241 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? (1041 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bisola As A Bus Conductor In A Movie / Shoot A Movie For Under N189k With Camera, Drone, Jib, Light And Sound Covered! / What Is That One Movie That You Will Love To Watch Once Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by fidzy(m): 11:38am On Jan 18, 2015
I am always curious about things, though I know Indian movies always have that scene where they wld dance and sing, sorry scene(s). But this morning I found myself watching one and I just gave up wondering and decided since we have alot of minds here in nairaland I should probably ask to get a good answer. So biko who have seen an Indian movie without a dance scene and why is it always a must to dance?

If there are any Indians in here it just makes this easier.
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by bisi16(m): 11:46am On Jan 18, 2015
Lol.. I doubt it
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by fidzy(m): 11:54am On Jan 18, 2015
I just don't get it..the dancing is sometimes annoying
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
Yes. If it's a bollywood-hollywood collabo.
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by lanaVello1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 18, 2015
charix:
Yes. If it's a bollywood-hollywood collabo.
which one of the collabos?
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 18, 2015
lanaVello1:

I mean if Hollywood decides to partner with Bollywood to create a movie, if that hasn't been done yet. American audiences do not have patience to sit through dance scenes so I'm sure producers would fill them with more meaningful content.

By the way, you know those dance scenes are a form of censorship, right? They're mostly done to represent intimacy in courtship.
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by fidzy(m): 12:52pm On Jan 18, 2015
charix:

I mean if Hollywood decides to partner with Bollywood to create a movie, if that hasn't been done yet. American audiences do not have patience to sit through dance scenes so I'm sure producers would fill them with more meaningful content.

By the way, you know those dance scenes are a form of censorship, right? They're mostly done to represent intimacy in courtship.

Very big IF
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jan 18, 2015
fidzy:

It's possible they've already done one. I don't watch Bollywood movies so wouldn't know.
Check Ghajini and let me know if there's singing and dancing.
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by fidzy(m): 1:02pm On Jan 18, 2015
charix:

It's possible they've already done one. I don't watch Bollywood movies so wouldn't know.
Check Ghajini and let me know if there's singing and dancing.

Errm I don't watch Bollywood or Nollywood so no need, just that from most of them I hv by chance seen there is dancing. Maybe its a new development!
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by lanaVello1(m): 1:06pm On Jan 18, 2015
charix:

There are tons of holy-bolly collabo and the dance scenes are still there. Even some hollywood movies shot in india has dance scenes in them. have u seen slumdog millionaire?
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jan 18, 2015
Lol guys guys guys.. Actually an indian female frnd of mine told me dat the reason why dey dance in dr movies is just dr tradition and mostly they can't produce a movie without incorporating the dance steps.. As annoying as it sEems, we just have to deal wit it. Just like our nigerian movies are, some other races dnt like some features in our movies...m
Re: Can Bollywood Ever Shoot A Movie That They Wouldn't Dance? by fidzy(m): 1:36pm On Jan 18, 2015
Cutehector4u:
Lol guys guys guys.. Actually an indian female frnd of mine told me dat the reason why dey dance in dr movies is just dr tradition and mostly they can't produce a movie without incorporating the dance steps.. As annoying as it sEems, we just have to deal wit it. Just like our nigerian movies are, some other races dnt like some features in our movies...m

You sure? Well its manageable.

(1) (Reply)

Did Anyone Watch (insert Name Of Movie Here) Or Was It Only Me? / Chinese Or Asian Movies / The Sleeping Position Of Women Reveal A Lot About Them...see Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.