Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,514 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) (20288 Views)

My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos / My Watermelon/cucumber Experience.by Iconfarms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jethro2: 3:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
jasper7:
back in owerri. good news just came in from saki. 3 more Labour hands have been gotten. To God be the Glory. Expecting more this week. Kalusam come and update pictures o.
Wow. Thank for wonderful learning sessions in Saki. Its been an experience.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by saliubello(m): 7:56pm On Feb 10, 2015
Let the photos speak please. Cant wait.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Angoni(m): 7:36pm On Feb 12, 2015
Following, looking forward to seeing the plants, and more pictures of course!!!!
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by X3MLY(m): 10:46am On Feb 19, 2015
Hi peeps!
discovered this beautiful thread today and following already!
but no posts since 12th...werrin hapin?
jasper? Kalusam? Jethro? Hope d manual work neva power una down ooo!
I dont mind coming over to help wit manual labour...just keep d posts coming!!!
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jethro2: 11:12am On Feb 19, 2015
X3MLY:
Hi peeps!
Sincerely we need more hands as it is. We will surely appreciate a helping hand.
Pictures will still follow. Every team member is weigh down by labour
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 1:42pm On Feb 19, 2015
X3MLY:
Hi peeps!
my brother, the work has been exhausting for those there. hardly do we find time for nairaland. lol. But God is in control. Am no longer on ground with my team due to pressing matters in owerri. but will join up with them later this month. your hands and even legs are highly welcome grin
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by nikaShow(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2015
I just left the YOP1 farm in Sarki today...work is going on oo, both mental and physical...
But Kalusam and Jethro are up to the task, overcoming every challenge as it comes...
Kudos to those guys...
There's no training like the practical and am sure they have open arms to people wanting to learn...

3 Likes

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
dotmoth4life:
ARE FARMERS RICH?
www.myagricworld.com
Can Agricultural Business or farm work Alone make you wealthy As Dangote/Adenuga

If you go into agriculture from the scratch with little capital as will have said, in NIGERIA? You would even be struggling to pay your bills talk less of living above average, talk less of becoming a millionnaire and talk less of being a Dangote and Adenuga, Who told u those 2 guys are farmers in the 1st place? www.myagricworld.com
You will be making common mistakes if you call Dangote a farmer, Dangote is an Agri-businessman not a farmer.... to view know my opinion on this Question... visit the link below www.myagricworld.com ..
i render consultancy service for any intend agribusiness. mainly AGRONOMY..no livestock I also help my client prepare a comprehensive feasibility study on their intend project.
i also training my clients on how to multiply plaintain/banana suckers, maize breeding, vegetable farming.. Not theory oooo.. Praticals
you can mail me on dotmoth4life@gmail.com
you sir are spamming people's thread and it's quite irritating. everywhere I go, I see your fallacy of an advertisement, I hope you repent soon and change from these ways. JahBless
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by RealChris(m): 10:53pm On Feb 22, 2015
Jasper, You are indeed a genius.... I have been following your thread silently from day one. like what was preached in church today, Jasper "You are in Purpose" n I love all you've been doing. God will CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU n You will NEVER experience anything "lack" I'm really impressed n encouraged n also envy You. I practically started my farm after reading much from this forum, I plant fluted pumpkin leaf n it has been my source of income that foots my school fees n other bills with little support from my family. I'm in HND1 now n hoping to expand my farm n grow other vegetables before rounding up with studies. I will be glad to see you live one day. Thanks to You n others like world1, jethro, kalusam who hv contributed to my life...... Pls keep d good work up. God Bless You all.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 8:10am On Feb 23, 2015
RealChris:
Jasper, You are indeed a genius.... I have been following your thread silently from day one. like what was preached in church today, Jasper "You are in Purpose" n I love all you've been doing. God will CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU n You will NEVER experience anything "lack" I'm really impressed n encouraged n also envy You. I practically started my farm after reading much from this forum, I plant fluted pumpkin leaf n it has been my source of income that foots my school fees n other bills with little support from my family. I'm in HND1 now n hoping to expand my farm n grow other vegetables before rounding up with studies. I will be glad to see you live one day. Thanks to You n others like world1, jethro, kalusam who hv contributed to my life...... Pls keep d good work up. God Bless You all.
I am humbled that I have been able to impart in your life. and also excited about your fluted pumpkin testimonial. what is the size of your farm? do you use irrigation on it? I love to see young people making money from vegetable farming.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by RealChris(m): 6:11pm On Feb 24, 2015
jasper7:

I am humbled that I have been able to impart in your life. and also excited about your fluted pumpkin testimonial. what is the size of your farm? do you use irrigation on it? I love to see young people making money from vegetable farming.

Its 2 acres but was not measured with tape n I'm not sure its up to 2acres. Eye gauge things.... the community boys refused to use tape. I'm not using irrigation for now n its affecting the yield but I'm managing it that way for now cos I'm doing all d work myself n its stressful. thanks boss.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Nobody: 11:52pm On Feb 24, 2015
RealChris:

Its 2 acres but was not measured with tape n I'm not sure its up to 2acres. Eye gauge things.... the community boys refused to use tape. I'm not using irrigation for now n its affecting the yield but I'm managing it that way for now cos I'm doing all d work myself n its stressful. thanks boss.

i just feel i need to chip in. wen buying land, try and measure d land b4 u pay. get a trusted surveyor to reconfirm wat theirs measured. i will write my story at d right time.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by RealChris(m): 6:22am On Feb 25, 2015
mercylicious:

i just feel i need to chip in. wen buying land, try and measure d land b4 u pay. get a trusted surveyor to reconfirm wat theirs measured. i will write my story at d right time.

Yo' right Mercy but I didn't buy it, I rented d land n d community boys are just so frustrating, they will always want to extort money from pple.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 6:40am On Feb 25, 2015
RealChris:

from your narrative, am believing your land is in ogun. I heard the locals can be very unreasonable and sometimes aggressive. a friend of mine just had similar experience. Try and sort it out with them first, if not whatever project that goes on there is in jeopardy.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by noblefarm: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2015
jasper7:

from your narrative, am believing your land is in ogun. I heard the locals can be very unreasonable and sometimes aggressive. a friend of mine just had similar experience. Try and sort it out with them first, if not whatever project that goes on there is in jeopardy.

Oga jasper7 u left us in ur other thread on cucumba farming. pls are u still in ogbomoso, I wanna meet u pls.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 9:28am On Feb 25, 2015
noblefarm:

Oga jasper7 u left us in ur other thread on cucumba farming. pls are u still in ogbomoso, I wanna meet u pls.
yes, am atill in ogbomosho temporarily. will be leaving by 11am.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by noblefarm: 5:40pm On Feb 25, 2015
jasper7:

yes, am atill in ogbomosho temporarily. will be leaving by 11am.

sorry Oga I was busy, just come online now. pls how do we see, I want to ask somethings about the vegetable farming and if it will warranty me to come over just lemme knw. pls can I have ur number to call u or u call me 08077774003. thanks
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 11:41pm On Feb 25, 2015
noblefarm:

sorry Oga I was busy, just come online now. pls how do we see, I want to ask somethings about the vegetable farming and if it will warranty me to come over just lemme knw. pls can I have ur number to call u or u call me 08077774003. thanks
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by noblefarm: 12:11am On Feb 26, 2015
jasper7:

thanks Oga, its late now. will give u a call later in d day
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by RealChris(m): 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2015
jasper7:

No.... Edo state
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by saliubello(m): 10:00pm On Mar 07, 2015
Where are we? Can we progress?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 10:30am On Mar 08, 2015
saliubello:
Where are we? Can we progress?
yes o.. sorry, network in saki is just horrible.. it has been a battle all along. we tried planting without mulching film but the area is very vegetative and the grass grows like hybrid. and we have to weed every 3 days. we decided it's not worth the stress, so we decided to mulch.

But our test project has grown and is fruiting. I'll upload the pictures soon.

2 Likes

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 10:49am On Mar 08, 2015
cannot wait for first harvest. the crops have been through a lot. especially with pest invasion. but our experienced hands on the field were able to handle it. no we know what to look forward to in the bigger project, that's why it's always good to have a test plot or pilot project
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by saliubello(m): 4:53pm On Mar 08, 2015
Please treat asap.

1.Can mulching film be used without staking?
2. can use manure with mulching film. how is it applied?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 9:40am On Apr 01, 2015
Remember this project in Ago Amodu? well, this project was almost abandoned by the organizers after the challenges of Labour. but from the harvest from our test plot, they have decided to push it through. If you want to succeed, you can't Let challenges pull you down. Thanks to Jethro2, Kalusam and the team for proving this

2 Likes

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Pavore9: 11:20am On Apr 01, 2015
jasper7:
Remember this project in Ago Amodu? well, this project was almost abandoned by the organizers after the challenges of Labour. but from the harvest from our test plot, they have decided to push it through. If you want to succeed, you can't Let challenges pull you down. Thanks to Jethro2, Kalusam and the team for proving this

What is the land size of the project and how many tonnes is the harvest?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pavore9:

What is the land size of the project and how many tonnes is the harvest?
oga, the total planted area is about is about 1500 square meter and the harvest was roughly 650kg.

Although because of the new specie and the big size and the light green colour. The product has not gained general acceptance in Lagos and Ibadan. People don't like what they don't understand. It calls for aggreasive marketing. But those have accepted it, buy between 100-150 per kg. we are opening a larger market for the variety.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Pavore9: 12:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
jasper7:

oga, the total planted area is about 2 and a half plots and the harvest was 650kg

And what is the average selling price per kilo? ls each plot 50 by 100?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 12:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pavore9:

And what is the average selling price per kilo? ls each plot 50 by 100?
just modified my earlier post.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Pavore9: 1:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
jasper7:

just modified my earlier post.

Ok. l wanted to work with the calculation of open field as against the greenhouse cucumber farm run by some Rev. sisters l worked with recently. They had about 6 greenhouses each measuring 120 square metre and from each they harvest an average of 205kg per week and supply to a supermarket chain store @ N95 per kilo.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Idea Of Where I Can Source For Ogbono And Crayfish @very Cheaper Rate / Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. / Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.