Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,128 members, 7,818,381 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) (20281 Views)

My Cucumber And Tomatoes Farm In Abakaliki, Ebonyi State / My Cucumber Farming Experience In Lagos / My Watermelon/cucumber Experience.by Iconfarms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pavore9:

Ok. l wanted to work with the calculation of open field as against the greenhouse cucumber farm run by some Rev. sisters l worked with recently. They had about 6 greenhouses each measuring 120 square metre and from each they harvest an average of 205kg per week and supply to a supermarket chain store @ N95 per kilo.

Oh... I see, this might not be the best measuring stick, because the harvest was long overdue. Let's see how their next harvest goes in 3 days time. will update you with the statistics.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Pavore9: 2:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
jasper7:

Oh... I see, this might not be the best measuring stick, because the harvest was long overdue. Let's see how their next harvest goes in 3 days time. will update you with the statistics.

Will be following the update.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
jasper7:

oga, the total planted area is about is about 1500 square meter and the harvest was roughly 650kg.

Although because of the new specie and the big size and the light green colour. The product has not gained general acceptance in Lagos and Ibadan. People don't like what they don't understand. It calls for aggreasive marketing. But those have accepted it, buy between 100-150 per kg. we are opening a larger market for the variety.
@jasper7, pls boss, total harvest is 650kg? or one of several harvests is 650kg?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by jasper7(m): 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

@jasper7, pls boss, total harvest is 650kg? or one of several harvests is 650kg?
one of 10-15 harvests

1 Like

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2015
Hey jasper,

This your cucumber is massive oh.

I have a plot of land in ologun eru in ibadan. Its on you way to eruwa. Its fenced but I don't have funds to build any house on it though.

Since I don't live there doing vegetable farming there is it advisable?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Nobody: 9:22am On Apr 02, 2015
Hey jasper7,

This your cucumber is massive oh.

I have a plot of land in ologun eru in ibadan. Its on you way to eruwa. Its fenced but I don't have funds to build any house on it though.

Since I don't live there doing vegetable farming there is it advisable?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by FarmTech(m): 12:50am On Apr 03, 2015
jasper7:

yes o.. sorry, network in saki is just horrible.. it has been a battle all along. we tried planting without mulching film but the area is very vegetative and the grass grows like hybrid. and we have to weed every 3 days. we decided it's not worth the stress, so we decided to mulch.

But our test project has grown and is fruiting. I'll upload the pictures soon.
I don't know if false seed beds will be of any use to farmers that can't afford artificial mulch or have time to apply organic mulch. It involves making the seed bed without planting. Because of the loose soil, the weeds will grow and can be removed. This can be repeated before planting.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:52pm On Apr 23, 2015
@jasper........what variety was grown here(ago amodu project)
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by ylordy(m): 8:13am On May 21, 2015
@jasper7 nice work thumbs up,please try and update the thread cos suspense is killing me here...won't forget to also thank jethro2,kalusam,mercyilcious and others.
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by ishayaauta(m): 3:54am On Jun 16, 2015
hello sirs just so the trd thz mrnin n i had to read thru plz update us tnx n @jasper plz i may like to text or call u today i just registered my company so i can have sme profesional advice n @wold1 plz how can i get the hybrd pineaple that starts fruiting in 1year n also plz does any one have an idea on where i can get beehives in Nigeria.... Sowi 4 drailimg a lil bit tnx sirs
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by world1(m): 12:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
ishayaauta:
hello sirs just so the trd thz mrnin n i had to read thru plz update us tnx n @jasper plz i may like to text or call u today i just registered my company so i can have sme profesional advice n @wold1 plz how can i get the hybrd pineaple that starts fruiting in 1year n also plz does any one have an idea on where i can get beehives in Nigeria.... Sowi 4 drailimg a lil bit tnx sirs
Ok.
MD2 is the latest hybrid pineapple but it's not available presently for commercial purposes. I only got few from the Government but we have some hybrid that mature in 18 months. If you are interested then call or whatsapp +2348065220074

Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by kolafas1: 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2015
jasper7:

If only I could spew what is in heart randomly without thinking or reason just the way you did, I know what I'll be saying to you now. scratch that! Let me be more practical in my reply to this your funny post. Don't mind the distraction... he is a maga!!

The funny part is that it's people like you who think they are smart that discard genuine people who could impact in your life and fall for cheap scams.

I suggest that if you don't have anything reasonable to contribute or suggest, why don't you sit back and wait till I start selling or advertising something?
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by crystalf: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
jasper7:
Tuesday the 13th. (Evening) After much scrutiny on the site. Me and the team (kalusam and Jethro) headed back to our lodge to deliberate.

it was a heated (but friendly) deliberation. I was quite skeptical about the land because of the surrounding bush and pests and diseases around the land. it means we will have to do serious soil treatment before planting anything. which we finally agreed on.

First we'll need to burn the surrounding bushes if not the battle with pests and diseases will be enormous.
secondly, we have to treat the land with nematicides and fungicides before planting. so the work no be here.

we were able to carve out 3 acres for the group project and 4 acres for the community project.

Next was to draw a tentative budget and send to the group for approval.

Well done bros keep the good work. Please where can I get nematicide. Am in ogun state
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by funkyme2014(f): 4:29pm On Mar 23, 2016
Tk God I have bn able to finish within few hours n can just say wow. Kudos to Jasper, Jethro et al u guys rock. Am in Imo state n will soon disturb u jasper
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by kunletoks(m): 9:31pm On May 29, 2016
Great job guys.
I join you soon in the agric biz
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by Ifedayour007(m): 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2016
mercylicious:
jasper, can't u see d guy is funny?
plz ignore as he is a regular guy on this thread but registered wit a new username to create fun.

I personally don't think he should ignore him. Imagine a fool hiding behind keyboard calling himself farmerspolice and all he's here to do is practice some cheap blackmail to scam people, some good people might even get pissed and stop posting helpful tips for new farmers like me. @FarmersPolice or whoever you are, if you think this is how you will make a living, then trust me you will die in poverty, and I am sure Nairaland will figure you out soon wherever you are..
Re: Another Million Naira Cucumber Experience Picture Diary. (YOP1 PROJECT) by my2chains(m): 8:39pm On Jan 12, 2020
haftob:
Following keenly!

And to the mods, this thread must NOT be on the frontpage, if u can't spend ur time wisely to search for things lyk dis on NL, then u don't worth seeing dis type of info.
Don't get me wrong,I'm nt being selfish, just dat some things shud just be the way they shud be.

people like you are supposed to be posted to the war front zone in sambisa forest,

you are the type that kills people's dreams so easily,

a time we new farmers need more experience and are not encouraged enough and you are here saying all this,

anyways i dont really blame you after all you have never added any meaningfull thread here so people can learn from,

just go and search here in nairaland for a free niggar called ymodulus,

he is always free with his ideas and never hides them onlike people like you,

i think i hate your type with passion

a time where in agric section we hardly see new updates from farmers again onlike before,

as for those 2 ugly fellas accusing theirselfs for who is clean and can detect fraud,

while the other keeps denying saying his image is been demolished,

na earthquake thunder go fire the two of una yansh there

people like okoroemeka now hardly drops his sweet loving updates all because of you two rats,

i wont call names here but you 2 baboons know yourselfs,

anyone disturbing public peace should be taken down and banned for life,

please mods take note and stop been afraid to ban them for several weeks

i once remembered there was a time anytime i come to agric section i would read and learn new things that i will even be confused on the one to start from,

but nowadays i hardly see any new updates from the experienced farmers again,

hmm it is well,
because when the elders are busy accusing each other on some silly useless issues

then we the youths are to silence them or else they face severe punishment

please mods i want you guys to know that this agric section is no longer as sweet as it is before when i newly came here,

and if you do not act as expected by banning those old folks with their numerous arguments here,

then i will surely leave this thread and never return again

it grieves me to see the beloved niggars and farmers that contributed much to this thread are now silent,

all because one ugly fellow is claiming he is the most intellect of all,

if you are intelligent enough why not go pair yourself with ymodulus and lets see who is wiser?

Am really angry typing all this right now,

cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Any Idea Of Where I Can Source For Ogbono And Crayfish @very Cheaper Rate / Let Us Go Vertical And Earn Some Income. / Understanding The National Egg Production (NEGPRO) Scheme & How To Participate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.