Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,452 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? (10139 Views)

Poll: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? And do they need it?

They know but they are lazy!: 28% (26 votes)
They know but have no free-time: 3% (3 votes)
They don't know.: 4% (4 votes)
They don't care if it exists or not: 23% (21 votes)
Of course they need it: 20% (19 votes)
As for me they are ok!: 4% (4 votes)
Answering this question won't make my life better: 10% (10 votes)
I never knew there was a movie industry in Nigeria!: 1% (1 vote)
Before i answer: what is a gym?: 3% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Meet Nigerian Actresses Who Are Ready To Act Unclad / Top 10 Highest Paid Nigerian Actresses / Nigerian Actresses And Their Role Models ( Photos ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 03, 2005
Ok, the first time they appeared in movies they were sexy slim charming, but now?  Take a look at Eucharia. man! that woman was a damsel nows she looks like [really fat]!

Ini edo had already got that big butt now that she's getting out of shape I think she's going to also get out of her pants!
Maureen solomon: a beautiful girl with a nice shape.  In fact she needs to bring it out!  My advice: 5 days a week to the gym!

Guys, we need to help these people!
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by da808cutie(f): 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2005
the first time they appeared in movies was probably a while back. maybe they've had kids now or som'n. plus, its kind of hard to stop yourself from eating when u suddenly find yourself with extra cash to spare...which is quite a common habit with a lot of Nigerian artists not just the women.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by WesleyanA(f): 1:14am On Oct 04, 2005
why don't you help yourself. at least they make more money than you! tongue

welcome by the ways cheesy
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by mia: 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2005
nigerian female actress dont go to gym, they make use of the lil cash they get from their movies by eating and growing out of shape.some of them r really not shapeful and it's gonna be difficult for them b****es
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Bibi(m): 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2005
I think the average Nigerian man's definition of a woman is on the challenge here. I think we should ask the Nigerian men (living in Nigeria) their perspectives.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by WesleyanA(f): 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2005
mia:

nigerian female actress don't go to gym, they make use of the lil cash they get from their movies by eating and growing out of shape.some of them r really not shapeful and it's going to be difficult for them b****es
shocked . . . DON'T LET THEIR FANS GET YOU!

smiley
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2005
sorry to the moderator if i used quite a strong and offensive word to describe Eucharia! really really sorry

any way
da808cutie:

the first time they appeared in movies was probably a while back. maybe they've had kids now or som'n. plus, its kind of hard to stop yourself from eating when u suddenly find yourself with extra cash to spare...which is quite a common habit with a lot of Nigerian artists not just the women.

no! we have actresses who have had children, like Omotola and Genevieve (i love this girl) and they are still looking great! maybe they are like this naturally but i can also bet that they are doing their best to keep it up. so why won't others follow their wise example?!
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Scorpio(f): 6:49pm On Oct 04, 2005
they simply can't be bothered and y shoud they? i don't think there's that pressure to lose weight like it is here. abeg na them sabi jo!
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by queen2(f): 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2005
Ofcourse genevieve is maintaining her stature, thats the best thing i like about her, shes not too fat and not too thin/slim, also i read it somewhere, she goes to gym..... also this actress....Uche osotule she is maintaining hers too.... wink
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by angelak(f): 11:47am On Oct 05, 2005
Stephine Okereke, Rita dominic, Stella damascus, Lilian Bach, etc are still in shape. If you notice the actresses that are still in shape are the ones that know wats up! They are the ones that are making waves and winning awards.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by kelvin(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2005
Ok, the first time they appeared in movies they were sexy slim charming
U've made a good observation there michelin89. Genievive was to get a role in 'Critical Assignment' but lost it 'cos she was out of shape, you should ve seen her when she first starred in 'Contractors' as a reporter. Likewise others. It's a pity...
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Missworld(f): 9:34pm On Oct 06, 2005
I don't know where to start! These actresses need great help. The world can spare me cos I'm not a movie star wink but the word "actress" means alot. They should know how to put on some weight and lose it. I'm not a movie type of person but I watch Nigerian movies when I have time. Some of them can hardly perform, the endings are unbelievable and besides they seem to forget that figure plays important role in acting. These actresses needs to travel and meet other actresses. Anyways I'm only complaining cos I care. I'm a proud Nigerian and I prefer watching Nigerian movies regardless. May the word gym cross their minds once in a while.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Ginger(f): 3:49am On Oct 07, 2005
Ok, the first time they appeared in movies they were sexy slim charming, but now?  Take a look at Eucharia. man! that woman was a damsel nows she looks like [really fat]!

Ini edo had already got that big butt now that she's getting out of shape I think she's going to also get out of her pants!
Maureen solomon: a beautiful girl with a nice shape.  In fact she needs to bring it out!  My advice: 5 days a week to the gym!

Guys, we need to help these people!

All right, lets think about this for a minute...do we really have to follow the trend of being slim?  Yes, I agree that some actresses are "too fat," but some actresses do look good they way they are...not slim but solid.  Isn't that a part of our culture anyway?
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 07, 2005
culture or not culture! i did'nt say they should become like my finger but they should try to control themselves. and this is not only for the actresses but for everyone. it makes our lives easier, or not? i believe a woman or a man is cute when they're average.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by adesodgi(m): 7:24pm On Oct 07, 2005
soory o,micheline,do you go to the gym?
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2005
well once i get to my eighteens i'll start although i don't need it that much!
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by WesleyanA(f): 10:05pm On Oct 07, 2005
you don't even need to go to the gym. it's a waste of time and energy.
just don't eat too much fatty food (even though they taste really good) and walk to school everyday ( when the weather is good) instead of taking a ride or the bus!
and do a mile test once a week.
don't waste your money on gym!
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Missworld(f): 3:34pm On Oct 10, 2005
Yes you don't have to go to gym to be in shape. However if that's the only option for these actresses then they need it. I personally don't go to gym and it's hard to believe but it's true. I won't waste a dime on gym.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by WesleyanA(f): 5:21pm On Oct 10, 2005
not that it's expensive to go to a gym. the one at my school is free but it's too hard/stressfull who wants to be lifting 50 pound every day so i can get in shape. it's easier to just cut down on calories or excercise in a fun way like playing soccer/whatever sport you like instead of suffering at the gym.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by otokx(m): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2005
when you take a look at the fold on their bellies then you realize the level of professionalism that exists in the so called "NOLLYWOOD"
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2005
but they can hide the rolls very well....
just look at Omotola and Ini
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2005
check her out!

Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2005
and again

Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by queen2(f): 6:25pm On Oct 17, 2005
queen2:

Ofcourse genevieve is maintaining her stature, thats the best thing i like about her, shes not too fat and not too thin/slim, also i read it somewhere, she goes to gym..... also this actress.Uche osotule she is maintaining hers too.... wink

i said it already that genny is maintaining her stature......shes lookin beautiful grin  cheesy
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:28pm On Oct 17, 2005
c'mon girl

Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by salako: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2005
If thin, toned people is all you want then that is all you may get - never mind talented, realistic actors; chase the talentless, imaginary actors of Hollywood!
Nigerian actresses are real women - and the fact is real women do not remain 18 forever nor do they struggle to be forever objectified.

1 Like

Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2005
this is what i mean! she's got the shape, the facial beauty and the talent!

Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 17, 2005
ajsalako:

If thin, toned people is all you want then that is all you may get - never mind talented, realistic actors; chase the talentless, imaginary actors of Hollywood!
Nigerian actresses are real women - and the fact is real women do not remain 18 forever nor do they struggle to be forever objectified.

che ca*zo dici? (in italian "what the fu*k are you saying?"wink of course noone remains 18 forever and noone here in objectified! so you mean you prefer the woman that once she gets married or has kids she'll go out of shape? i don't think! a real woman is the one who is able to mantain her beauty as long as she can and not those who use richies or pregnancy to justify their being fat!  angry
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by WesleyanA(f): 12:10am On Oct 19, 2005
michelin, ajasalako's right. you don't want hollywood's biggest problem to befall nollywood.
at least it's better than these hollywood actresses. they're no fatter than my middle finger i swear. i wonder if they know what food means because whatever they've been putting in their mouth's not called food.
hollywood is filled with anorexic blonds.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Latoya(f): 6:41am On Oct 19, 2005
Wes u r funny, i just culdnt stop laughing when u said Aneroxia. it not just getting thin that matters, some people are very thin and shapeless, while some are fat and shapy.wat matters is the shape and not the size. going to the gym isnt just to loose kilos and size but to keep fit and maintain shape, u dont even have to go the gym to look good, indoors excerises are helpful, long walks in streets and parks,eating healthy is also good.not just low fat meals but eat wat is right at the right time.
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2005
No one is telling anyone to become anorexic, it's ridiculous! but being a public figure comports a lot of responsabilities! But  some actresses are really a dramatic situation! I think Gene, Omotola, Stephanie, Chioma etc...are really pretty! and surely they aren't anorexic. and talking about it Hollywood is a millions of grade above Nollywood and if really Nigerian actresses want to get there they should start  to change their mentality! I don't of course support the fact of the stick girls ruling the showbiz but this is the law! and if you're fit you have more job offers
Re: Do Nigerian Actresses Know What a Gym Is? by WesleyanA(f): 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2005
michelin89:

I don't of course support the fact of the stick girls ruling the showbiz but this is the law! and if you're fit you have more job offers

now you don't sound like you're discouraging it.you sound like you're actually supporting it. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bernie Mac Is Dead! / 2017 Rema Buys His Mother N3.4M Car, Fans Called Rema Yahoo Boy. Video / Exposed: Man Beg Babe To Suck Her Womanliness On Instagram!! (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.