Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,710 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Domain Name - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name (1030 Views)

6 Costly Mistakes To Avoid When Buying A Domain Name / Any Domain Name Inncluding .com,.net,.org And Many More For NGN700 Only / Get Free Domain Name For Ur Blog /website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Name by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 19, 2015
If a domain name is registered, for example a-z.com, does it mean I have gotten a website?
I have intent of having a website meant to promote affiliate links only
Re: Domain Name by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 19, 2015
you are sitting on a bicycle grin
Re: Domain Name by Grime: 7:04am On Jan 19, 2015
indigene:
If a domain name is registered, for example a-z.com, does it mean I have gotten a website?
No it means you have gotten a name to call your website.
Re: Domain Name by WebHostingPal: 10:25am On Jan 19, 2015
indigene:

No, you will also need a web hosting package and of course developing the actual site itself.
Re: Domain Name by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
WebHostingPal:

No, you will also need a web hosting package and of course developing the actual site itself.
What will be the cost of hosting a website? I got a quote of #2_3.5k. does it jell?
Re: Domain Name by WebHostingPal: 11:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
indigene:

What will be the cost of hosting a website? I got a quote of #2_3.5k. does it jell?

Sorry I can't answer that question as we provide web hosting services as well.

As a matter of fact HostNigeria! is the fastest growing Nigeria web hosting company with the most experienced team of experts in the Nigeria web hosting industry. So if you've never heard here you go http://www.hostnigeria.com.ng

The HostNigeria! web hosting services starts from under 200 Naira per month, you can take a look at the web hosting plans https://www.hostnigeria.com.ng/web-hosting.html#PlansComparison . No binding contracts and you can choose to pay monthly backed with 24/7 customer support plus a 30 day money back guarantee.

Before choosing a web hosting company always do a thorough research be it Nigeria based web hosting company or foreign web hosts.

Hope this helps.
Re: Domain Name by Nobody: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2015
WebHostingPal:

Sorry I can't answer that question as we provide web hosting services as well.

As a matter of fact HostNigeria! is the fastest growing Nigeria web hosting company with the most experienced team of experts in the Nigeria web hosting industry. So if you've never heard here you go http://www.hostnigeria.com.ng

The HostNigeria! web hosting services starts from under 200 Naira per month, you can take a look at the web hosting plans https://www.hostnigeria.com.ng/web-hosting.html#PlansComparison . No binding contracts and you can choose to pay monthly backed with 24/7 customer support plus a 30 day money back guarantee.

Before choosing a web hosting company always do a thorough research be it Nigeria based web hosting company or foreign web hosts.

Hope this helps.
I would love to see your offline address, other than phone number and Lagos.
Like the quote I got, I were able to confirm,their physical address, to know they are human.
Re: Domain Name by WebHostingPal: 10:10am On Jan 20, 2015
indigene:

I would love to see your offline address, other than phone number and Lagos.
Like the quote I got, I were able to confirm,their physical address, to know they are human.

Does physical address really matter to you? In web hosting the quality of the service itself is what counts.

HostNigeria! is located in Broad Street Victoria Island. https://www.hostnigeria.com.ng/about-hostnigeria.html - As it stands it is the best web hosting company you can get in Nigeria. We have the best and the most experienced team, we are not like those web hosting companies that join the bandwagon, we have a team of qualified Webmasters and System administrators.

At HostNigeria! it's never about anything else than providing quality web hosting services for online bloggers and SMEs.

Please don't take this as soliciting for sale, I'm only giving you the fact about HostNigeria! Like I always advice, always do a thorough research before choosing a web hosting company.

Goodluck smiley
Re: Domain Name by bedfordng(m): 12:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
indigene:
don't really get your question.if you were the one who registered it, that means it has been registered but may not be active until you pay for the purchase.
Re: Domain Name by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
bedfordng:
don't really get your question.if you were the one who registered it, that means it has been registered but may not be active until you pay for the purchase.
Upon registration, a hosting plan are provided, like starter,basic etc,does this translate to having a website?
Re: Domain Name by bedfordng(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2015
indigene:

Upon registration, a hosting plan are provided, like starter,basic etc,does this translate to having a website?
that means you registered for hosting package and not domain
Re: Domain Name by goverment(m): 11:30am On Jan 22, 2015
This article "http://www.davinstower.com/2015/01/domains-web-hosting.html?m=0" will help you to understand the difference between domain, web-host and site file it covers what a website and a domain is n why it's necessary to have a web-server or web-host
Re: Domain Name by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jan 22, 2015
indigene:
A website is like an house. But for you to get to the house, you need an address. A domain represents that address. But for you to have an house, you must get a land. Hosting represents a Land. Then for you to promote affiliate links, you must look for what products people are buying and get them to buy more using your affiliate link. You can do this with or without a website.

Affiliate marketers like me use different methods like Email List, Blogs, Fb Ads and so on

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Internet Will Still Disappear-Google Boss Speaks. / Where To Get Free Stock Images / Good Site For Sale At 7k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.