Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? (3604 Views)

Ali Modu-Sherrif Taking The Oath Of Office As PDP Chairman (Photos) / If A Governorship Aspirant Dies Before Election Result Is Declare . / What Happens If The President-in-waiting Dies Before Swearing-in-day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by abeltolu: 1:09pm On Jan 19, 2015
what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office?

Some people misjudged my first post, so I edited it. So let's get talking guys.

1 Like

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by SeverusSnape(m): 1:13pm On Jan 19, 2015
Osinbajo will take over and Atiku will be vice president again.

#justkidding. cool

3 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
He's will be called partial yaradua & Osibanjo will find space and attach goodluck to his name..
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
We aren't interested in politics of Death...

1 Like

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by abeltolu: 2:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please guys, I need good answers. So far, I have got none

1 Like

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by abeltolu: 2:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
We aren't interested in politics of Death...
Mr barcanista, I don't want anyone to die. I'm just curious

2 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Olaolufred(m): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=18pt]WHAT HAPPENS IF JONATHAN OR FAYOSE OR OP DIE BEFORE FEBRUARY 1ST 2015?

IS AGE A DETERMINANT OF WHO DIE FIRST?
[/size]

8 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by theV0ice: 2:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
abeltolu:
Please do not misjudge the topic. I don't wish death for anyone. In fact, I want General Buhari to be Nigeria's next President.

OK. As a buhari fan, due to his perceived dwindling health, I'd like to know, in a case General Buhari wins on Febuhari 14, and the unexpected happens, he dies before been sworn in, Who becomes the President? Is another election going to be conducted?

i guess the same thing that'll happen if jonathan dies.

or has God assured you that jonathan cannot die before may 29th?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
So why the thread? Why not what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? Why Muhammadu Buhari?
abeltolu:
Mr barcanista, I don't want anyone to die. I'm just curious
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by anonimi: 2:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
So why the thread? Why not what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? Why Muhammadu Buhari?

Could it be due to what Fashola said HYPOCRITICALLY

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2040921_bharritooold_jpege470cdf42d88557f9071116b9515de52

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by TippyTop(m): 2:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
If he dies before May 29th am sure he'd still be buried with state funeral, its what he'd always wished for.
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by omenka(m): 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
Please don't misjudge my question: what happens if you run mad tomorrow, or if your mom dies today??

3 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
anonimi:

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
whatever, but I don't play politics of Death
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
The same thing that would happen if Jonathan dies of alcohol poisoning

4 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
omenka:
Please don't misjudge my question: what happens if you run mad tomorrow, or if your mom dies today??
Bros you de vex ooo...Easy abeg
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Brimmie(m): 2:44pm On Jan 19, 2015
anonimi:

[s]Could it be due to what Fashola said HYPOCRITICALLY

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos[/s]

Painter!! grin grin

4 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by kingthreat(m): 2:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
abeltolu:
Please do not misjudge the topic. I don't wish death for anyone. In fact, I want General Buhari to be Nigeria's next President.

OK. As a buhari fan, due to his perceived dwindling health, I'd like to know, in a case General Buhari wins on Febuhari 14, and the unexpected happens, he dies before been sworn in, Who becomes the President? Is another election going to be conducted?

How about asking yourself the question. What if you die before then? Anybody can die. It is the final destination of man. It can happen to the healthy and unhealthy. Young and old. Its God who keeps one alive.

3 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Brimmie(m): 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2015
omenka:

shocked

Lmao! grin grin OP, your own don be!

Pls where's Berem?? sad
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Akon419(m): 2:51pm On Jan 19, 2015
abeltolu:

if he dies, we bury him according Islamic way. At least the has 72 potential virgin waiting for him in prophet Mohammed heaven. So he has nothing to lose
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Orunto: 3:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
You are a bit presumptive. Who retired Buhari and why? Was it due to ill health?
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by omenka(m): 3:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
barcanista:
Bros you de vex ooo...Easy abeg
It's a simple question and I hope the op doesn't misjudge it. I'm also wondering, what would happen if the op's diiick stops functioning
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2015
omenka:
It's a simple question and I hope the op doesn't misjudge it. I'm also wondering, what would happen if the op's diiick stops functioning
Life is worthless without the diiiiiick grin
Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by scribble: 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2015
Some people will azonto. Others will etighi.

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by ChimaAdeoye: 3:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
[size=38pt]So long.... BUHARI[/size]

1 Like

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
What happens if your parents and siblings die tomorrow ?

1 Like

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by BlackPeni5: 3:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
According to the Nigerian Constitution, Osinbajo will be sworn in.

136. (1) If a person duly elected as President dies before taking and subscribing the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office, or is for any reason whatsoever unable to be sworn in, the person elected with him as Vice-President shall be sworn in as President and he shall nominate a new Vice-President who shall be appointed by the President with the approval by a simple majority of the National Assembly at a joint sitting.

1 Like

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Bruteforce1o1: 3:29pm On Jan 19, 2015
abeltolu:

What happen if GEJ die tomorrow? Waiting for answer.

2 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Bruteforce1o1: 3:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
[s]
anonimi:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2040921_bharritooold_jpege470cdf42d88557f9071116b9515de52

[/s]

[s]

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos
[/s]

Your death loading.........95%

2 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Pataki: 3:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
abeltolu:

You should reason far more intelligently than this rubbish.

What would happen to you if your father and mother dies tomorrow as their perceived health is dwindling?

2 Likes

Re: what happens if a President-elect dies before taking oath of office? by Duru1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2015
The VP becomes the President.

(1) (Reply)

Unofficial Election Results For Abia, Imo & Taraba States / Kano State Govt Have Reduced The Number Of Ministry From 19 To 14 / Election Of David Mark As Senate Leader Is Null & Void

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.