Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,170 members, 7,818,548 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview (43854 Views)

Lady Walks Unclad On Stage At 3 Thrones Concert In Lagos [PICS+VIDEO] / Omawumi Blast Host, Flares Up & Walks Out Of Interview- Exclusive To Hftv Africa / Woman Steals Flat Screen TV, Puts It Between Her Legs And Walks Away (see Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by CzarChris(m): 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
olaposer:
The only thing that is permanent in life is change,may thunder fire anybody way no want CHANGE 4 naija come feBUARI 14
And may thunder fire anybody that wants to bring a sick, old, archaic, ancient, radical extremist, illiterate old man to be my leader.
olorunmaje Godforbid!!!

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Kingspin(m): 11:02pm On Jan 19, 2015
olaposer:
The only thing that is permanent in life is change,may thunder fire anybody way no want CHANGE 4 naija come feBUARI 14
If na Buhari him for ans that question there.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by fr3do(m): 12:29am On Jan 20, 2015
Sharp guy! The interviewer wan destroy ehm career, na im fail.

Mr. Umunna become Uk prime minister and put race theorists to shame.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by musiwa97: 1:06am On Jan 20, 2015
I am a Christian, and I don't believe he should walk away.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 1:27am On Jan 20, 2015
Gotta love the FP saying Chuka is Nigerian-born, he's certainly of Nigerian descent (from his father), but he was born in London. I don't think the guy has ever set foot in Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 3:20am On Jan 20, 2015
cao:
Gotta love the FP saying Chuka is Nigerian-born, he's certainly of Nigerian descent (from his father), but he was born in London. I don't think the guy has ever set foot in Nigeria...

The term "Nigerian-born" is correct - since he was born Nigerian (though in the UK) cos his dad was Nigerian. And he has been to Nigeria a few times.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by vanunu: 3:50am On Jan 20, 2015
Schematics:
Chuka Umunna is actually from Anambra state..the light of the entire black nations!

His father was once chairman of christal palace and rangers inter.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 4:26am On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

The term "Nigerian-born" is correct - since he was born Nigerian (though in the UK) cos his dad was Nigerian. And he has been to Nigeria a few times.
Nope. Nigerian-born means born in Nigeria, just like Hugo Weaving, who is a Nigerian-born Australian/British actor, although in his case he didn't claim Nigerian citizenship. Chuka is obviously entitled to Nigerian citizenship since his father was a Nigerian citizen, and is also entitled to Irish citizenship through his mother (whose father was coincidentally an Irish-born British citizen).

Sidebar for those who don't know: Ireland is not part of the UK. Great Britain is England, Scotland & Wales. The UK is Great Britain & Northern Ireland. The term 'British' applies to those from the UK & its territories.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 4:48am On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Nope. Nigerian-born means born in Nigeria, just like Hugo Weaving, who is a Nigerian-born Australian/British actor, although in his case he didn't claim Nigerian citizenship. Chuka is obviously entitled to Nigerian citizenship since his father was a Nigerian citizen, and is also entitled to Irish citizenship through his mother (whose father was coincidentally an Irish-born British citizen).

Lol. I honestly don't know why a lot of you on this forum like arguing aimlessly. Nigerian-born doesn't infer just being born in Nigeria - it also involves nationality as well. He's second generation, and his dad was Nigerian. Evidently, "Nigerian-born" is correct.

The UK isn't America. Under the British nationality - there are different identities. Get a better understanding of how the UK works.

P.S: perhaps, you can't tell the difference between "Nigeria" and "Nigerian". Nigeria is a place, right? However, Nigerian is a nationality, yes? And the term itself is self-explanatory: "Nigerian-born." You don't even need a lot of explanation to be able to demystify something as simple and straight-forward as that.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 6:27am On Jan 20, 2015
I don't know if it's just me but what I saw was a man that was told to go if he wasn't going to talk. ..the journalist said ..then we'll have to end it at this point ..Thank you. ..b4 do obviously frustrated young man stood up with a wave of the hand..what an insult.he didn't walk out rather he was asked to leave...lets put it straight
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 6:35am On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

Lol. I honestly don't know why a lot of you on this forum like arguing aimlessly. Nigerian-born doesn't infer just being born in Nigeria - it also involves nationality as well. He's second generation, and his dad was Nigerian. Evidently, "Nigerian-born" is correct.

The UK isn't America. Under the British nationality - there are different identities. Get a better understanding of how the UK works.

P.S: perhaps, you can't tell the difference between "Nigeria" and "Nigerian". Nigeria is a place, right? However, Nigerian is a nationality, yes? And the term itself is self-explanatory: "Nigerian-born." You don't even need a lot of explanation to be able to demystify something as simple and straight-forward as that.
I understand your argument Bro. ...but look at it this way ...If he was born in Britain then he would have naturally been a British citizen. .but because he was born nigerian (in Nigeria) and then got his citizenship after a while in the UK. ..dunno if you get me..what I'm saying is if he was born in UK he would naturally be a UK citizen ...so no need of the "Nigerian born" ..another alternative is if he was born a country that doesn't offer citizenship by birth...then he would have been a Nigerian by inheritance owing to the fact that his dad is Nigerian ..then moved him to UK where he eventually gets a UK citizenship
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 6:44am On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

Give me a moment, while I laugh at the irony of someone telling me I don't understand the UK or the definition of Britain and being British, since I'm currently undergoing it's citizenship and all its trappings (that also includes its Life in the UK test) after years here. I took my time to define it for you, which you actually repeated - it's not my fault you didn't understand the sidebar, which explained it. But, go ahead, do you.
PS: born is used as suffix (i.e. -born), by the logic you've provided, he would have simply been called Nigerian & not Nigerian-born.

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2015
BADNEAT:
I understand your argument Bro. ...but look at it this way ...If he was born in Britain then he would have naturally been a British citizen. .but because he was born nigerian (in Nigeria) and then got his citizenship after a while in the UK. ..dunno if you get me..what I'm saying is if he was born in UK he would naturally be a UK citizen ...so no need of the "Nigerian born" ..another alternative is if he was born a country that doesn't offer citizenship by birth...then he would have been a Nigerian by inheritance owing to the fact that his dad is Nigerian ..then moved him to UK where he eventually gets a UK citizenship
Exactly, hence why I found it funny, since Chuka was born in England, while the FP stated he was Nigerian-born. I also notice that they usually use [name of country]-born for people who have denounced their country of birth e.g. Albert Einstein.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Give me a moment, while I laugh at the irony of someone telling me I don't understand the UK or the definition of Britain and being British, since I'm currently undergoing it's citizenship and all its trappings (that also includes its Life in the UK test) after years here. I took my time to define it for you, which you actually repeated - it's not my fault you didn't understand the sidebar, which explained it. But, go ahead, do you.
PS: born is used as suffix (i.e. -born), by the logic you've provided, he would have simply been called Nigerian & not Nigerian-born.
true ...but you know that if his dad wasn't Nigerian and Nigeria didn't offer citizenship by birth, he would be Nigeria-born not nigerian-born....what do you think? ?
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 7:18am On Jan 20, 2015
BADNEAT:
true ...but you know that if his dad wasn't Nigerian and Nigeria didn't offer citizenship by birth, he would be Nigeria-born not nigerian-born....what do you think? ?
He would be English/British (since he was born in England before 1983 and/or if his mother's a British citizen) and he would also be entitled Irish citizenship through his mother. Plus, he'd be entitled to claim whatever his father's citizenship is, if the country allowed it. Nigeria wouldn't have anything to do with the equation.

EDIT: Unless, his father was a naturalised Nigerian citizen, then he might be entitled to claim Nigerian citizenship.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 7:20am On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

He would be English/British (since he was born in England before 1983 and/or if his mother's a British citizen) and he would also be entitled Irish citizenship through his mother. Plus, he'd be entitled to claim whatever his father's citizenship is, if the country allowed it. Nigeria wouldn't have anything to do with the equation.
okkk grin
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by 4everGrand(m): 7:21am On Jan 20, 2015
Drsmith01:
Nawa o....this is NAIRALAND not DOLLARLAND.how mata take affect us

Abeg mai shayi press me #10 naira own

Poundland more like. Na Britain not America.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by coolebux(m): 10:17am On Jan 20, 2015
The Brits will be proud of this dude.... I'm sure.

Saving their a** from those badass
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

Lmao. This is actually getting ridiculous now. Hence I always tell you freshies to integrate - and not just read book, and watch TV. Thus making your understanding of the UK system warped around politically correct statements. I'm from London - hopefully that will explain a lot to you, without me breaking it down any further. grin You're not even British - never schooled in the UK -yet cos you might have read one or two little books for citizenship test, you keep arguing blindly.

Let me make the logic simpler for you, and break it down further, perhaps you'll get it now. Born is interchangeable with birth. So since the UK is patriarchal, and at the time of his birth, his dad was Nigerian (he was a labourer and he wasn't even married to his mum) - doesn't that make him Nigerian at birth?

You lot just love arguing for the sake of it. Nigerian-born doesn't mean being born in Nigeria alone. And it's completely different from let's say, "London-born" cos London is a place.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 20, 2015
BADNEAT:

It doesn't matter if you're a British Citizen or not - his father was Nigerian, so it's self-explanatory. He's British by nationality (passport), and can also have the Nigerian nationality (passport) if he wants. However, when you break it down further in context of the UK, with the different identities: English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish et al under the British nationality - his identity is Nigerian. Evidently, there's nothing wrong in calling him "Nigerian-born."

Take the British nationality out of the equation. He isn't English and will never be. And he can't be Irish cos the UK is patrilineal. So, what's his identity in this context then? Obviously, he's Nigerian by virtue of his dad. Can't you lot see that they call him Nigerian from time to time? It's just about getting a better understanding of the system, devoid of the politically correct statements out there. Understand the system, and knowledge of self - not just the surface.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by rolayemi(m): 11:23am On Jan 20, 2015
eheh!! Hw ee take affect the outcome of the feb 14th presidential election
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

It doesn't matter if you're a British Citizen or not - his father was Nigerian, so it's self-explanatory. He's British by nationality (passport), and can also have the Nigerian nationality (passport) if he wants. However, when you break it down further in context of the UK, with the different identities: English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish et al under the British nationality - his identity is Nigerian. Evidently, there's nothing wrong in calling him "Nigerian-born."

Take the British nationality out of the equation. He isn't English and will never be. And he can't be Irish cos the UK is patrilineal. So, what's his identity in this context then? Obviously, he's Nigerian by virtue of his dad. Can't you lot see that they call him Nigerian from time to time? It's just about getting a better understanding of the system, devoid of the politically correct statements out there. Understand the system, and knowledge of self - not just the surface.

With all sense of humility, I must admit that I learnt something new from this comment.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by melomelo: 2:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
ALWAYS REMEMBER
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
GEJ till 2019
FOR SURE
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by redsun(m): 2:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
That was a give away,he let his guard down. He should have been more decisive,cheeky,conning,slight and diplomatic like a seasoned politician.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
SirShymex:

Lmao. This is actually getting ridiculous now. Hence I always tell you freshies to integrate - and not just read book, and watch TV. Thus making your understanding of the UK system warped around politically correct statements. I'm from London - hopefully that will explain a lot to you, without me breaking it down any further. grin You're not even British - never schooled in the UK -yet cos you might have read one or two little books for citizenship test, you keep arguing blindly.

Let me make the logic simpler for you, and break it down further, perhaps you'll get it now. Born is interchangeable with birth. So since the UK is patriarchal, and at the time of his birth, his dad was Nigerian (he was a labourer and he wasn't even married to his mum) - doesn't that make him Nigerian at birth?

You lot just love arguing for the sake of it. Nigerian-born doesn't mean being born in Nigeria alone. And it's completely different from let's say, "London-born" cos London is a place.

If we must go this route, then we shall. My dear boy because I've been in the UK for over 10 years (yup did the whole A-Levels, uni and everything else), I'm here as a permanent resident (got the whole permit card and everything), hence why I pay your country's taxes. Plus, because I've stayed in the country for a year with my residence permit, I've applied for citizenship in your country. Now, if upon getting my British citizenship and I decide to renounce my Nigerian citizenship, I would become a Nigerian born British citizen, because I'll now be seen as a British citizen, who was born elsewhere. If I keep my Nigerian status, then I'm Nigerian & British.

You are English-born because you were born in the England, you're also British-born because you were born in the UK, you're Nigerian-British/British-Nigerian. Regarless of whether you were born before or after 1983, because your parents gave birth to you here in England, you're simply born in England (English-born). Now if you're pre-1983, you're automatically a British citizen by being British-born. If after 1983, you're British by your parents being one or both of your parents being British citizens. You're a Nigerian citizen because one of your or both of parents are Nigerian citizens (whether by being Nigerian-born, naturalisation etc). For example, my family friend is an English-born British/Nigerian, simply because he was born in England before 1983, but his arse grew up in Nigeria, he owns both British & Nigerian passports, because the UK adopted the son of the soil pre-1983. Even though, the guy considers himself Nigerian until he reaches the airport, then conveniently becomes British, he is still not Nigerian-born, but he is Nigerian. Just as it would be for me over here, when my citizenship is successful by God's Grace, I'll not only be a Nigerian (who was also born in Nigeria), but I'll also be a Nigerian-born British/Nigerian, who would basically have the exact same options as you do.

Now, if you were born in a Nigerian military base or embassy/high commission in another country other than Nigeria, you'd be Nigerian-born 'cause you were also born on Nigerian soil, since those bases will still be considered as Nigerian soil. Now, that would be a bit difficult to claim the actual country's citizenship. At the end of the day, it all depends on the actual country's laws. Shirley Bassey doesn't really consider herself as a Nigerian, since her Nigerian sailor father hit it and quit it, she's Welsh, born and bred. John Fashanu remembered to claim his Nigerian citizenship when it became convenient. Nneka has been rocking both her Nigerian & German heritage from the beginning of time. Asa remembered she was Parisian-born (yup, it also works for cities - yes she's French/Nigerian) when it was time to get that record label.

I love how people born in England really don't know the workings of their own country. This would be like the time I was giving history lessons to my English housemates. If you had paid attention, he can claim the Irish citizenship through his mother, because her father was Irish-born, unless her father renounced or never claimed his Irish citizenship or the Irish adopt a rather vastly difficult scheme. Did you even know, that a professional can actually apply for residency, if they've been here (UK) for 5 years and have at least £150,000 in their bank account? You my dear son should read a book or pay more attention to your government's immigration policies. I won't even be surprised if you didn't know Aldershot is where your army's based.

1 Like

Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
----
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
---
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
It would appear I can't directly reply you since it's been tagged by the anti-spam bot, and as a mod of another section I can still read it. And since you fail to see the irony that you've defined born as birth and still fail to see that, you're merely beating around the bush. Simply put, he was born in England, which makes him English-born, he even likes to use the term English to refer to himself, rather than British. Like we've both said earlier, British = the UK & all its territories (I simply didn't bother to write said territories & dependencies, hence why all covers it).

Or have you forgotten that delusional black man from a few years ago, that said he wasn't black and wouldn't wear traditional clothing, that he was English because he was born & brought up as English? You mentioned the MN1 form, this is used to apply for under 18s who qualify through birth or adoption, it can also be used for British citizens who renounced their citizenship & got it back later. It can also be used if one of the parents is a British citizen, which means the child would be 'by descent', I won't even go to the other one 'not by descent' that just gives one a headache. Or have you forgotten that the patriarchy won't automatically work if the parents aren't married? You can be English-born/British-born and still not be a British citizen, you were simply born in Britain.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:

If we must go this route, then we shall. My dear boy because I've been in the UK for over 10 years (yup did the whole A-Levels, uni and everything else), I'm here as a permanent resident (got the whole permit card and everything), hence why I pay your country's taxes. Plus, because I've stayed in the country for a year with my residence permit, I've applied for citizenship in your country. Now, if upon getting my British citizenship and I decide to renounce my Nigerian citizenship, I would become a Nigerian born British citizen, because I'll now be seen as a British citizen, who was born elsewhere. If I keep my Nigerian status, then I'm Nigerian & British.

You are English-born because you were born in the England, you're also British-born because you were born in the UK, you're Nigerian-British/British-Nigerian. Regarless of whether you were born before or after 1983, because your parents gave birth to you here in England, you're simply born in England (English-born). Now if you're pre-1983, you're automatically a British citizen by being British-born. If after 1983, you're British by your parents being one or both of your parents being British citizens. You're a Nigerian citizen because one of your or both of parents are Nigerian citizens (whether by being Nigerian-born, naturalisation etc). For example, my family friend is an English-born British/Nigerian, simply because he was born in England before 1983, but his arse grew up in Nigeria, he owns both British & Nigerian passports, because the UK adopted the son of the soil pre-1983. Even though, the guy considers himself Nigerian until he reaches the airport, then conveniently becomes British, he is still not Nigerian-born, but he is Nigerian. Just as it would be for me over here, when my citizenship is successful by God's Grace, I'll not only be a Nigerian (who was also born in Nigeria), but I'll also be a Nigerian-born British/Nigerian, who would basically have the exact same options as you do.

Now, if you were born in a Nigerian military base or embassy/high commission in another country other than Nigeria, you'd be Nigerian-born 'cause you were also born on Nigerian soil, since those bases will still be considered as Nigerian soil. Now, that would be a bit difficult to claim the actual country's citizenship. At the end of the day, it all depends on the actual country's laws. Shirley Bassey doesn't really consider herself as a Nigerian, since her Nigerian sailor father hit it and quit it, she's Welsh, born and bred. John Fashanu remembered to claim his Nigerian citizenship when it became convenient. Nneka has been rocking both her Nigerian & German heritage from the beginning of time. Asa remembered she was Parisian-born (yup, it also works for cities - yes she's French/Nigerian) when it was time to get that record label.

I love how people born in England really don't know the workings of their own country. This would be like the time I was giving history lessons to my English housemates. If you had paid attention, he can claim the Irish citizenship through his mother, because her father was Irish-born, unless her father renounced or never claimed his Irish citizenship or the Irish adopt a rather vastly difficult scheme. Did you even know, that a professional can actually apply for residency, if they've been here (UK) for 5 years and have at least £150,000 in their bank account? You my dear son should read a book or pay more attention to your government's immigration policies. I won't even be surprised if you didn't know Aldershot is where your army's based.

Lmao...you're too loquacious for someone who's basically ignorant. You just repeated the same thing, by expanding on your illogical summation. Shirley Bassey doesn't want to be Nigerian cos her dad was never in her life. However, is she Nigerian by birth, by virtue of her dad being Nigerian? - absolutely yes. Ditto John Fashanu. John Fashanu never for once said he's not Nigerian - he just made a decision to play for England for more career reasons. Same for John Salako who was born and raised in Nigeria, but moved to the UK when he was 10. Efan Ekoku on the other hand played for Nigeria.

Let me break it down again, and I'll rephrase it this time to avoid the spambot:

United Kingdom identities: English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Black African (Nigerian), Black Caribbean etc.. Once you take the British nationality out - you'll fall into one of these identities.

Chuka's dad was Nigerian. So by virtue of that - doesn't that make him Nigerian at birth? - that's just common sense and simple logic. Have you seen the passport form for children?

As for the rest of your post, I'll skip ya ignorance. You lot are notorious for garbage-in, garbage-out - after reading one or two small pamphlets - and there's no point trying to trifle a trifle.
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jan 20, 2015
cao:
It would appear I can't directly reply you since it's been tagged by the anti-spam bot, and as a mod of another section I can still read it. And since you fail to see the irony that you've defined born as birth and still fail to see that, you're merely beating around the bush. Simply put, he was born in England, which makes him English-born, he even likes to use the term English to refer to himself, rather than British. Like we've both said earlier, British = the UK & all its territories (I simply didn't bother to write said territories & dependencies, hence why all covers it).

Or have you forgotten that delusional black man from a few years ago, that said he wasn't black and wouldn't wear traditional clothing, that he was English because he was born & brought up as English? You mentioned the MN1 form, this is used to apply for under 18s who qualify through birth or adoption, it can also be used for British citizens who renounced their citizenship & got it back later. It can also be used if one of the parents is a British citizen, which means the child would be 'by descent', I won't even go to the other one 'not by descent' that just gives one a headache. Or have you forgotten that the patriarchy won't automatically work if the parents aren't married? You can be English-born/British-born and still not be a British citizen, you were simply born in Britain.

So, black brits can now be English? - bwahahahaha

I need to smoke some of the drugs you overdosed on. Hopefully, when next I fill an application form, I'll ask them to put "black English" on there, and not "black African." grin
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 20, 2015
Oi, let me take screenshots of ya posts - and post them on my whatsapp group-chat.

This is going to make good banter for the day. grin
Re: Chuka Umunna Walks Out Of Sky News Interview by cao(f): 4:51pm On Jan 20, 2015
ShyMX1:

Lmao...you're too loquacious for someone who's basically ignorant. You just repeated the same thing, by expanding on your illogical summation. Shirley Bassey doesn't want to Nigerian cos her dad was never in her life. However, is she Nigerian by birth, by virtue of her dad being Nigeria? - absolutely yes. Ditto John Fashanu. John Fashanu never for once said he's not Nigerian - he just made a decision to play for England for more career reasons. Same for John Salako who was born and raised in Nigeria, but moved to the UK when he was 10. Efan Ekoku on the other hand played for Nigeria.

Let me break it down again, and I'll rephrase it this time to avoid the spambot:

United Kingdom identities: English, Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Black African (Nigerian), Black Caribbean etc.. Once you take the British nationality out - you'll fall into one of these identities.

Chuka's dad was Nigeria. So by virtue of that - doesn't that make him Nigerian at birth? - that's just common sense and simple logic. Have you seen the passport form for children?

As for the rest of your post, I'll skip ya ignorance. You lot are notorious for garbage-in, garbage-out - after reading one or two small pamphlets - and there's no point trying to trifle a trifle.
How many accounts do you own? This appears to be your third account, how many times have you worked around a ban? I've already explained myself earlier. You do know you've broken rule 19, at least on two separate occasions? Your posts had already been unmarked by the way. I understand the English language can be rather pedantic, but Chuka is Nigerian by descent not birth. Legalese has a funny way of shaping words. Legally speaking, at birth he was a British citizen with Nigerian & Irish ancestry. He was British-born & born to British citizens, who also held dual-citizenship of other countries.

UPDATE: As usual SirShymex, you avoided the simplest of statements in your haste to be clever - You can be English-born/British-born and still not be a British citizen, you were simply born in Britain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shocking Transformations (Costumes) Of Nollywood Actresses-pics / BBNaija: Lolu And Cee-C Fight, Risk Disqualification / Debie-Rise & Bassey, The 2 New Big Brother Naija Housemates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.