Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,582 members, 7,812,903 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA (1308 Views)

Buhari Takes Water As Osinbajo, Saraki And Chief Justice Take Juice (pic) / Willie Obiano Donates Gun-boats To Navy (photos) / Oba Sijuwade And Chief Obafemi Awolowo (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 10:53pm On Jan 19, 2015
The present leadership in Anambra is one that has no rival in the country from 1999 till date. Sometimes I look at the vision, the drive and the dynamics employed in solving the Anambra question, I can't help saying to myself that the Messiah most times comes from the angles least expected. Who would have thought that Chief Willie Obiano, a man who was struggling to put up a strong challenge during the debates for the elections would turn out to be one of the best things to happen to Anambra State since it creation.
There is no gainsaying that he is a man of the people in the making. There is no ill feelings towards him by any group within the State. He had a little issues following the demolition of a Church at Nkwelle- ezunaka which was to the best of my knowledge a carried over animosity towards the highly divisive past administration by the Church concerned apart from that he has won the hearts of many by his well articulated vision
Now to politics, Is there any follower of Anambra politics who does not know that APGA victory in the last governorship election was not without a colossal expenditure on the part of the past Governor, are there still people in doubt that most of the spendings came from the coffers of Anambra State Government directly or indirectly as with other governments in Nigeria even at the Federal level. Let’s assume that N25 billion was used in prosecuting the election and scoring the landslide victory. Of this amount our pot bellied security personnel had a good share in securing the State during that period more or less in ensuring the outcome was as scripted, corrupt officials of INEC got a fair share of the sum in disenfranchising a sizeable population of the State from voting, the rests of the sum was spent in procuring vehicles, giving tips to the voters on the election date, settling some cooperating adhoc staffs and other expenses common with a typical election in Nigeria. Let’s also assume that the frugal immediate past governor dipped his hands into his private pockets to raise money for that election which is most unlikely will he have pulled out as much as half the assumed N25 Billion how come the indebtedness of the present administration to him beyond the normal appreciation of his efforts in laying a foundation upon which the modern Anambra is to be built a debt of appreciation which the present administration of Chief Obiano has not failed to shower in most public functions where Anambra is discussed much to the dissatisfaction of some of us who felt that the foundation laying took so long and was laden with dishonesty. Come to think of it 8 years to lay a foundation for a State as small as Anambra if the foundations of projects are laid for so much a time it then means that two generations may not see to the completion of beneficial projects. Let’s not even go to the below standard status of almost all of the projects. Looking at the challenges of development and the urgency with which the present administration is tackling these things headlong, it exposes the deceit in the much touted laying of foundation with 8 solid years and therefore I don’t see this present administration indebtedness to anybody to the tune of the figures being brandished by some persons especially against the backdrop of the bulk of the expenses coming from the pockets of the State Government. That somebody was fortunate to handle the golden pen that signs off figures of the Government revenues at a particular time does not also afford the person the boldness to demand that some figures signed out should be regarded as loans coming from his private pockets to which he now claims should be restored to him in his private capacity. And on that basis hold grudges against the present administration.
I am pleased that Mr Obi took the advice left APGA and has engaged himself with campaigning for Mr President. So he is now free from his oppressors who had relegated him to the background following his much spirited fight for relevance. But here lies the problem, a man who is so gifted with the arts of cunning will not just sleep over his perceived ill treatments and not formulate a killer blow to get back at his debtors. The elections are by the corner, and I am so surprised that APGA instead of concentrating on the easier job of laying their hands in the totality of the seats in the Anambra State house of Assembly is busy pushing against the hard nut of getting the 3 Senate Seats. APC will for obvious reasons not be able to get hold of the Presidential Seat that I am so sure of but to say they will not get a good representation this time around in the National Assembly is to be disloyal to facts on ground. Most Northern political aspirants to the Red and Green Chambers will leverage on the popularity of Gen Buhari not that they like him that much anyway but a politician must be a politician, an opportunist to say the least. PDP on the other hand will do its best to get a fair representation even if they don’t get the majority but a number that will checkmate the excesses of APC parliamentarians will do. For this reason, a State like Anambra as well as most SE, SS will provide the much needed figures for the PDP, little wonder the tough guys are to contest on their platform. I believe APGA has all it takes to capture over 90 percent of the State Assembly Seats one they have the Local Government Chairmen, who when adequately mobilized can do the campaigning upto the election date effortlessly. Two, PDP is not so much interested in who becomes the Local government chairman somewhere or is seating in the State Assembly quarters at another place for now they are attention is all focused on checkmating APC’s ascension to the throne that matters at Abuja.
It is much difficult to impeach a Governor whose party holds by far majority in the State’s House of Assembly. No matter the inducement made to facilitate such moves, the Assembly members can be summoned on the Party’s round table with near total compliance and discussions, resolutions or counter inducement made to annul any other subservient moves.
PEACE TO OUR DEAR ANAMBRA, PEACE TO NIGERIA AND OUR PROSPERITY WILL KNOW NO BOUNDS

1 Like

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by hushmail: 11:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
nwanna kedu isi okwu gi?

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 11:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
hushmail:
nwanna kedu isi okwu gi?

Election erugo, ihe ndi di mkpa ka anyi kwesiri icho wa
Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by FreeGlobe(f): 11:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nice article. I don't think Peter obi has the capacity to unseat Obiano in this present political climate. I also think Obiano is trying so hard to win the Senate seat for Victor umeh so he can send him to Abuja. PDP in the state is currently under the leadership of Chris Uba which is a different faction from the one of Peter obi. Anyway as you said Obiano should ensure he sweeps the assembly
Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by hushmail: 12:00am On Jan 20, 2015
Cuche:

Election erugo, ihe ndi di mkpa ka anyi kwesiri icho wa

Biko kedu ihe di mkpa?

1 Like

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 20, 2015
whoever wrote this article didn't make sense. don't just understand d direction u 're going..

2 Likes

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 10:26am On Jan 20, 2015
hushmail:

Biko kedu ihe di mkpa?
I believe that every Crisis that has a political undertone can be nipped in the bud through undertakings of consciously guided electioneering as early as the elections come calling. I see no reason why APGA should not narrow their focus to capturing the whole of Anambra State House of Assembly seat which is very possible that alone in the long run will ensure a more united State in purpose and drive. If PDP in the build up to this Presidential elections last year, ensured it captured more States Ekiti, Ondo denying APC a total control of SW , knowing the importance of having those Chief Executives under the umbrella, it is important, therefore APGA should take preemptive measures at this time through what I've just mentioned
Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 10:30am On Jan 20, 2015
patmaine:
whoever wrote this article didn't make sense. don't just understand d direction u 're going..
My write up concerns Anambra, I don't expect you to understand the intrigues of Anambra politics. Sometimes, I wonder the so much interest by outsiders on Anambra politics
Anyway, I am just doing a simple analysis of the on coming elections with regards to Anambra in particular
Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Nobody: 11:03am On Jan 22, 2015
Cuche:

My write up concerns Anambra, I don't expect you to understand the intrigues of Anambra politics. Sometimes, I wonder the so much interest by outsiders on Anambra politics
Anyway, I am just doing a simple analysis of the on coming elections with regards to Anambra in particular

okwa ginwa merem outsider. abum nwa afo anaedo. Nnewi boy to d core.

1 Like

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by asadike(f): 11:45am On Jan 22, 2015
Apga deserves d 3 important seat at d senate and I see them getting there.

1 Like

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 10:27am On Jan 24, 2015
asadike:
Apga deserves d 3 important seat at d senate and I see them getting there.
Good luck to them
Meanwhile in another news our own version of Nyesom Wike, Chief Chris Uba alias Eselu is geared up for a robust campaign and is assuring that by all means it is gonna be victory for GEJ and PDP in Anambra State
Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 10:29am On Jan 24, 2015
patmaine:

okwa ginwa merem outsider. abum nwa afo anaedo. Nnewi boy to d core.
Sorry, I thought you were from the otherside who always poke nose on Anambra matter

1 Like

Re: Politics: Between Chief Peter Obi's PDP And Chief Willie Obiano's APGA by Cuche: 10:41am On Jan 24, 2015
For those efulefu still holding onto the belief that GMB will rule Nigeria again.
Hear this ,if by omission or commission Buhari is declared winner of the polls,he will still not rule Nigeria.
The worst that will happen is Jona will step aside for an interim leader but handover to Buhari, Never
I heard from a reliable source that an Igbo man precisely from Anambra is being considered for the interim leader options if things get out of hand. If that happens that should be a good news for the marginalized Igbo race

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi; A Man Of Double Standard. See What He Said Before (picz) / Wow Femi fani kayode was a taxi driver. / One Of Jimi Agbaje's Fan Blast Him On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.