Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,080 members, 7,821,711 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (2142 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home Protest In South-East & South-South: Situation Reports / IPOB Circulates 23rd Sit-At-Home Order In South-East & South-South (Snapshot) / Buhari Has Drawn The Battle- Line With South-east, South- South. —intersociety (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: . by perculiarperson: 2:15pm On Jan 20, 2015
Fieryfly:
The South-South and South-East have struggled for decades to get a taste of power. Now providence has given it to the Ijaws.

But some Eastern and S/S people want to give it back to the North. They say GEJ is clueless. A few say they don't care where the president comes from, only merit and performance are important.

These high minded people pride themselves on being fair and positive. But the truth is that they are ignorant people who refuse to deal with the Nigerian reality. They hope that if the are fair to a mad man, he will become reasonable.

The other reason, which most won't admit is that they are terrified. They say 'if power is so important to them that they will kill for it, give it to them.' They fear what the BH will do if GMB loses. They are too soft and comfortable to fight to stand for anything that does not touch their stomachs.

Someone says GEJ is not performing. I say ' if he isn't, then give it to another who is or will.' No they want to give it to a general who was so weak, he could not muster the respect of his men and routinely blames subordinates for misdeeds that happen under him, ala PTF. If that is not irresponsibility, I must be a penguin.

It gets worse, the general is suffering from dimentia and can't articulate himself -no, not hearsay, I listened to him. It gets even worse, the general is under the thumb of the biggest thief in the history of Nigeria. If Tinubu can steal as much as he has as an opposition leader, what will he do when he is the ruling party?

These people are only making noise because they think the president can be intimidated. It is a testimony to our damaged psyche that we call tyrants strong and accommodating leaders weak. We are so used to being brutalized, that we disrespect those who respect us.

Not surprising though. It is the way of those who have been victims and slaves for a long time. They stop believing that they are worthy humans capable of power. But begin to settle for basic animal needs; food, shelter and sex. That was the problem of the Israelites with Moses; he treated them as free men not slaves, so they thought they could harass him. The mice of Egypt become lions in the wilderness.

I have even heard some say, 'when so and so was there we had plenty food, it was "chop, I chop".' Just like some people in the Bible told Moses, 'when we were in Egypt, we we eating to satisfaction.' So, naturally, they seek a leader to take them back to Egypt. What a shame! If only they had the decency to admit why they want GMB over GEJ, I would respect them more.

So, all of you, come February, feel free to cast your votes to return your Northern masters to power. And afterwards blame everybody but yourselves for whatever whatever happens to you and your children. I like the Northerners; they are both honest and realistic. They want power, land and oil. So all you miseducated Christians and indolent southerners from Igbo land, help them get what they want.
Na una way!!!!

Share, if you agree!

Thanks for this piece.

We will not allow them to have the power, land and oil. Cattle rearing is still trendy and they could do well too if they made an industry of it.

1 Like

Re: . by babadee1(m): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2015
bxcode:

Tell that to those our brothers up there in the north that believes that power is their birthright and see the reply you gon get.

The north voted massively for MKO Abiola against their own Bashir Tofa in 1992. The north voted for Obasanjo in 1999. The north voted for Jonathan in 2007. The north has a good record of voting for southerners. Born to rule fallacy is a lie!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Will U Do If Your Bank Deducts ₦1500 From Ur Account For Buhari’s Campaign / Should Nigeria Switch To Trial By Jury? / Video: Biafra Radio Founder Nnamdi Kanu Threatens Nigerians With War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.